LS Civilization Set

Correct me if Im wrong, but I think it was never meant to be used at Polands mod, as that image were just LS promoting his new upcoming creation. You probably skim that part of the thread incorrectly

Wasn't it originally a concept for Poland, that ended up being incorporated into his HRE mod instead?

@LS
I have made a mistake on the Reiter's unit model, which would make it incompatible with CBO. My fault, I already re-upload it.
Could you please re-download the model file to fix that?
Or, you could do this to fix that:
Spoiler :
(1) rename the cuirassier.fxsxml and cuirassier.gr2 to Reiter.fxsxml and Reiter.gr2
(2) open the Reiter.fxsxml with notepad, change <Mesh file="cuirassier.gr2"/> to <Mesh file="Reiter.gr2"/> in the 2nd line.

The Civilopedia history text of HRE doesn't show up now. This code would make it show up correctly:
Spoiler :
Code:
	<Civilizations>
		<Row>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_HRE_LS_MOD</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_HRE_LS_MOD_DESC</Description>
			<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_HRE_LS_MOD_SHORT_DESC</ShortDescription>
			<Adjective>TXT_KEY_HRE_LS_MOD_ADJECTIVE</Adjective>
			[B]<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_HRE_LS_TEXT_1</Civilopedia>
			<CivilopediaTag>TXT_KEY_CIV5_HRE_LS</CivilopediaTag>[/B]
			<DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_HRE_LS_MOD</DefaultPlayerColor>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_GERMANY</ArtDefineTag>
			<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN</ArtStyleType>
			<ArtStyleSuffix>_EURO</ArtStyleSuffix>
			<ArtStylePrefix>EUROPEAN </ArtStylePrefix>
			<PortraitIndex>2</PortraitIndex>
			<IconAtlas>CIV_MOD_LS_17_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
			<AlphaIconAtlas>CIV_MOD_ALPHA_LS_17_ATLAS</AlphaIconAtlas>
			<MapImage>MapHRELSMod.dds</MapImage>
			<DawnOfManQuote>TXT_KEY_DAWN_OF_MAN_HRE_LS_MOD_TEXT</DawnOfManQuote>
			<DawnOfManImage>DoMHRELSMod.dds</DawnOfManImage>
			<SoundtrackTag>GERMANY</SoundtrackTag>
		</Row>
	</Civilizations>

----------------------------

Thank you Zwei for the unit model and the compatability patch. it's really kind :D . Also, thanks LastSword for the HREs

EDIT:
@zwei833 , should I place the file in any specific location?

@Anyone who want to use Set.17 with CBO

I updated the CBO support file, please download it in the attachment.

How to use it:
Spoiler :
1. Put Set17_CBO_support.sql into your Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\[BNW] LS Civilization Set XVII (v 5) folder.
2. Open the [BNW] LS Civilization Set XVII (v 5).modinfo file with notepad or some software like that.
3. Replace <References /> in line 21 with the code below:
Code:
  <References>
    <Mod id="8411a7a8-dad3-4622-a18e-fcc18324c799" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Community Balance Patch" />
    <Mod id="d1b6328c-ff44-4b0d-aad7-c657f83610cd" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="(1) Community Patch" />
  </References>
4. add this code under the <Files> tag:
Code:
 <File md5="0D10525A0554ED453B4DBA7236445268" import="0">Set17_CBO_support.sql</File>
5. add the code under the <OnModActivated> tag:
Code:
<UpdateDatabase>Set17_CBO_support.sql</UpdateDatabase>
6. Save the file.

Remember, I just made set.17 compatible with CBO, I can not ensure it is balance with CBO. And I still don't know how to make Reiter's special ability works with CBO now.

Later I plan to add CBO support for LS's million seven Polands pack.

Attachments

• Set17_CBO_support.rar
    1,001 bytes · Views: 270
I have noted that, zwei833. Though I will pass on updating it right away. I always wondered how the god's work looks. ;
Why should Reiter's special ability does not work, though? It is quite hard to mess with it.

I have started some hotseat games, which will probably last about a week, so no updates anytime soon. I came up with Niitsitapi's redesign, reusing old Scythia (UU going barbarian, moving horses) and with Tipi Camp that will block rival cities in 3 radius and can be able to turn into city with production. Ndongo will be a bit harder, I am gonna add some AI support for quick movement and buff UA, still thinking about UB. Saying it now, because I probably not gonna post about it after an update as usual.

I have also made some fan arts for civ VI, which style allowed me to break from civ V routine. Backgrounds, well, I may do them once needed, but right now I am not gonna bother.
Spoiler :

Of course, it is just a very small issue, just pass it until you decide to update.

Why should Reiter's special ability does not work, though? It is quite hard to mess with it.
I described the issue here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=571652
Generallly speaking, in CBO, if a unit has the <RangedCombat> but without <Range> in its code, then it can not do any melee attack nor any ranged attack at all. And a unit with both <RangedCombat> and <Range>, can only do ranged attack but not melee attack.

Edit: Actually, I found it is buggy even without CBO:
1. the special ability only perform on my first Reiter, my 2nd, 3rd... Reiter doesn't get the ability after being attacked. I'm wrong, it isn't.
2. once my Reiter get the range attack ability, he keeps the ability forever, the ability doesn't disappear even he doesn't being attacked

I have also made some fan arts for civ VI, which style allowed me to break from civ V routine. Backgrounds, well, I may do them once needed, but right now I am not gonna bother.
Spoiler :

Interesting, the style is not like your Civ5 leader artworks, it looks like that the character is rendered from a 3D model. May I ask that which software did you use to create these art?

Who are these two leaders? I guess the first one is Stephen Bathory and the second one is Suryavarman.

So, do you also interested in making Civ6 new civ mods? (if Civ6 has proper mod support)

Can't make my mind up whether the first is Bohdan Khmelnytsky or Stephen Bathory. I'm fairly sure that LS has not yet revealed which it is.

The polish (?) leader looks amazing!

Superman however suffers from a serious case of Le Monkey Face.

In HRELSUnitCode.lua, line 87, replace:
Code:
local ePlot = hTab[math.random(1, #hTab)];

Le Monkey face is what making superman so good, though if civ6 turns out finally more realistic than current "the trolls and gnoms" style I can just edit face.

Interesting, the style is not like your Civ5 leader artworks, it looks like that the character is rendered from a 3D model. May I ask that which software did you use to create these art?

Who are these two leaders? I guess the first one is Stephen Bathory and the second one is Suryavarman.

So, do you also interested in making Civ6 new civ mods? (if Civ6 has proper mod support)
Those are Stephen Bathory and default Khmer leader #1.
I have used Sculptris and Photoshop, Bathory was my first 3d stuff ever made. Hella proud that I finally give 3d a try. I decided that civ6 style allows low quality 3d stuff and I think it turned out ok. I mean it turned out amazing, I think I have already reached 60-80% of quality and what is more important It would allow me to keep one style for all leaders, something which I lack in civ5. In Khmer model I have even started modding details, like chain or crown (well, Khmer crowns are extremely detailed, mine is the best I could do).

You know, right now I hope that Firaxis will flood civ6 with civ/leaders dlc and there will be no need for low quality mods. In general it is very bad moment for new civ mods, in civ 5 I started modding a months before BNW with clear situation. Anyway I am waiting for first expansion right now, which may save this cheap copy-paste called civ VI. :p Trying to stay open-minded and positive.
I am enjoying 3D modelling and probably gonna make some more leaders, though the obvious problem is what to do? I wanted to go with Sitting Bull next, but there is so high chance for Firaxis to do him. Crazy Horse? Knowing my luck Firaxis would made him instead Sitting Bull. In case of Bathory, I am relatively safe (but who knows), from what I remember Khmer has at least 3 viable leaders so I am safe here.
I wanted to do Prithvi Narayan, but he is also in danger zone. Yaa, that is why it is not good moment for new civ planning.
It is hard to find an interesting leader, that would be interesting in artistic way also, that is safe from being in the base game.

I decided that 3rd model is gonna be Henry Morgan, I hope he is relatively safe as well. I think the hat and outfit will make him artistically interesting. Maybe a hand with pistol shooting to the sky? :) Or pointing toward player.

Le Monkey face is what making superman so good, though if civ6 turns out finally more realistic than current "the trolls and gnoms" style I can just edit face.

Those are Stephen Bathory and default Khmer leader #1.
I have used Sculptris and Photoshop, Bathory was my first 3d stuff ever made. Hella proud that I finally give 3d a try. I decided that civ6 style allows low quality 3d stuff and I think it turned out ok. I mean it turned out amazing, I think I have already reached 60-80% of quality and what is more important It would allow me to keep one style for all leaders, something which I lack in civ5. In Khmer model I have even started modding details, like chain or crown (well, Khmer crowns are extremely detailed, mine is the best I could do).

You know, right now I hope that Firaxis will flood civ6 with civ/leaders dlc and there will be no need for low quality mods. In general it is very bad moment for new civ mods, in civ 5 I started modding a months before BNW with clear situation. Anyway I am waiting for first expansion right now, which may save this cheap copy-paste called civ VI. :p Trying to stay open-minded and positive.
I am enjoying 3D modelling and probably gonna make some more leaders, though the obvious problem is what to do? I wanted to go with Sitting Bull next, but there is so high chance for Firaxis to do him. Crazy Horse? Knowing my luck Firaxis would made him instead Sitting Bull. In case of Bathory, I am relatively safe (but who knows), from what I remember Khmer has at least 3 viable leaders so I am safe here.
I wanted to do Prithvi Narayan, but he is also in danger zone. Yaa, that is why it is not good moment for new civ planning.
It is hard to find an interesting leader, that would be interesting in artistic way also, that is safe from being in the base game.

I decided that 3rd model is gonna be Henry Morgan, I hope he is relatively safe as well. I think the hat and outfit will make him artistically interesting. Maybe a hand with pistol shooting to the sky? :) Or pointing toward player.

I personally doubt they'll go with Nepal, but you could be right. I definitely agree you should steer clear of Native American civs for now though; no one knows what Firaxis might end up going for. I originally believed the first model to be Bohdan Khmelnytsky because the mace looked like the one he carries in pictures. In terms of leaders Firaxis is unlikely to go with, I think Bohdan would be a fairly safe choice too (with Russia and Poland already in the game, the Devs might decide Eastern Europe is already well covered). For the same reason, I would think Vytautas of Lithuania would be someone you would likely be safe to do again. Leaders for already in the game civs are probably safe too, so people you made in Civ 5 like Charlemagne, Ashoka, Shah Jahan, Frederick II of Prussia I would imagine are safe choices too.

I personally doubt they'll go with Nepal, but you could be right. I definitely agree you should steer clear of Native American civs for now though; no one knows what Firaxis might end up going for. I originally believed the first model to be Bohdan Khmelnytsky because the mace looked like the one he carries in pictures. In terms of leaders Firaxis is unlikely to go with, I think Bohdan would be a fairly safe choice too (with Russia and Poland already in the game, the Devs might decide Eastern Europe is already well covered). For the same reason, I would think Vytautas of Lithuania would be someone you would likely be safe to do again. Leaders for already in the game civs are probably safe too, so people you made in Civ 5 like Charlemagne, Ashoka, Shah Jahan, Frederick II of Prussia I would imagine are safe choices too.
Everything indicates that they are gonna sell alternative leaders as DLCs, otherwise I would make some french ones.

Right now, I think the best choice is to make cultures that haven't developed too characteristic leader immortalizing in art. Like in Khmer, I can use it for many at least three different rulers. So, I think it could be worthy to do some missing civs early, that for sure will be included in future. So yeah, Portugal, which leader though?
Spoiler :

Brazil in, Portugal out. Classic quality game.

Zulus are bad choice, because Shaka is the only valid one. I think early Inca civ mod would be great decision from modders. Default Incan leader:
Spoiler :
Ha!

I have made the backgrounds for Khmer and Bathory, funny. :)
Spoiler :

I think João V would be an interesting leader choice for Portugal. I don't imagine Firaxis would choose him, but then I couldn't be sure; he definitely seems to fit the bill for 'big personality'.

Seeing as Victoria, Qin Shi Huang, Peter, Pericles and Gilgamesh are returning from civ 4 (And quite possibly Mehmed II as well), I think that João II is quite likely to return as leader of Portugal in Civ 6. They might also decide Maria I should return (It wouldn't be original seeing as we've just had her in Civ 5, but Isabella has been the ruler of Spain in every Civ game from Civ 2 onwards). Henry the navigator is a leader choice I have seen suggested several times too, and he was in Civ 3, so he is possible. If they want a new leader entirely, Manuel I and João III are possible too.

Edit: BTW, why do you think they will sell alternative leaders? I thought the only evidence for that was the Henry VIII thing, which turned out to be another leader made by Sukritact. Or are you thinking of there appearing to be a picture of Phillip II of Spain on the leader board?

Last edited:
They will sell alternative leaders, it is quite obvious.
The only other option is that they want encourage modding, and I don't think they have enough class for that.
And I googled Henry VIII, definitely the most hilarious one yet. :D PlayDoh style is love.

Cetshwayo sends his regards.
Seems like your leader tolerance is different than mine.

Played a game as Napoleon, truely nice one, I fixed several things in update. Seems like I still learning game mechanics. Updated set 17 with Reiter fix as well.

Oh, I am currently working on Portugals in civ 5; I am quite sure that somebody will import Maria I into civ 6 anyway. :) I hope you are doing your leaders as well. My Portugals are probably be delayed by all those civ6 fan arts, but their creation is simply more interesting right now.

I think you can discuss civ6 in respective subforum. I am not gonna spam here. Quite bad, I don't have any gallery thread/place, so I am gonna add "Civ6 Fan Art Gallery" into opening post and update it once I made something new, so any interested ones are welcomed to check OP weekly. :) I want to do something more challenging next time.
Spoiler :

They will sell alternative leaders, it is quite obvious.
The only other option is that they want encourage modding, and I don't think they have enough class for that.
And I googled Henry VIII, definitely the most hilarious one yet. :D PlayDoh style is love.

Seems like your leader tolerance is different than mine.

Played a game as Napoleon, truely nice one, I fixed several things in update. Seems like I still learning game mechanics. Updated set 17 with Reiter fix as well.

Oh, I am currently working on Portugals in civ 5; I am quite sure that somebody will import Maria I into civ 6 anyway. :) I hope you are doing your leaders as well. My Portugals are probably be delayed by all those civ6 fan arts, but their creation is simply more interesting right now.

I think you can discuss civ6 in respective subforum. I am not gonna spam here. Quite bad, I don't have any gallery thread/place, so I am gonna add "Civ6 Fan Art Gallery" into opening post and update it once I made something new, so any interested ones are welcomed to check OP weekly. :) I want to do something more challenging next time.
Spoiler :

Oh, right, I misread your post and thought you were saying you were making Portugal leaders for Civ 5, which is why I posted those suggestions. My bad:blush:. Anyway, I'll stop filling your Civ 5 thread with Civ 6 discussion. Nice work though.

Release is slowly coming closer and closer, Olympics are over, new patch for PoE, the champions league.
But how are the mods going? I assume this is final wave with Portugal and maybe Chyna?

Unfortunately, recently I stopped playing civ5, next break begins, I am modding actively it though, but this is more a gameplay stuff.

The last mod that I haven't update in "current wave"/2016 is set XV, both Mapuche and Niitsitapi are done. I like the changes for Niitsitapi, played against it, I kept the theme, made it more AI and human friendly. They got also nice new ability, double move through clear flatlands that was visited by your another unit this turn, which make them true Lord of the Plains. The issue is Ndongo and I got stuck there, I need some genius moment for it. What I figured out, is to remove jungle farms, add UA effect into UB and then have new nice UA, which I may come up with one day.

So, as stated Portugals are next release. There will be two Spains, second one will be Philip II, I am gonna just adapt civ6 leaderscene. He will got Tercio and naval warfare ability.
Isabella is gonna keep UA and Conquistador with following changes:
1) Extra unmentioned UA bonus, +500 Gold upon capturing city with Natural Wonder (works once per wonder)
2) Some code for AI conquistador to consider settling while nearby Natural Wonder.
3) For the second component, I thought about Galleon, with some old viking stuff, can creates one military unit, while adjacent to foreign continent coast.

For Portugal, I am not sure between making 2 or 3 civs. Current UA will be enhanced with unique Cargo Ship ability, available with Astronomy, allowing you to find "New Trade Route", which will obviously establish Trade Route with a city not yet revealed (some gold or culture bonus).
I want also use Improvement as UA, "Upon allying City-States, create Feitoria, which will connect resources even if... blah blah". I have issue with finding material for unique units.

I am not gonna confirm China's rumours right now.
Oh, the only interesting idea I came up with recently is "Upon choosing Instant Heal, level is not increased and XP is decreased". Don't know where to put it.

Just a friendly reminder that unique Cargo Ships won't work unless you use a custom DLL. They get replaced with a regular one upon creating the trade route.

As for Portuguese UUs, I suggest Ordenanças, Bandeirantes (particularly because there's a SuperB model in the new unit model gallery) or Caçadores. Age of Empires tends to correlate Organ Guns with the Portuguese for some reason, but I never discovered why.

Anyways, hope that gives some food for thought.

Edit: An Academic Batallion unit could also be amusing for some funky science/combat shenanigans.

And why would I dishonour myself with civilian UU in first place. :/ Bad Purea.
I meant it as a part of UA, sorry for my bad english.

There will do for a filler UUs for sure, thank you very much.

Just a friendly reminder that unique Cargo Ships won't work unless you use a custom DLL. They get replaced with a regular one upon creating the trade route.

As for Portuguese UUs, I suggest Ordenanças, Bandeirantes (particularly because there's a SuperB model in the new unit model gallery) or Caçadores. Age of Empires tends to correlate Organ Guns with the Portuguese for some reason, but I never discovered why.

Anyways, hope that gives some food for thought.

Edit: An Academic Batallion unit could also be amusing for some funky science/combat shenanigans.

> Portugal
> Bandeirantes
Hoop pls

Top Bottom