1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LS Civilization Set

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by LastSword, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

Shh, no tears, it's all Portugal now.

BTW, when you update pack 15, could you rename the Mapuche Longswordsman replacement to Mawidanche pls?

2. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

3. Barak

Barak Chieftain

Love the choices with the HRE in set 17, but I noticed that when I upgrade a unit to a special UU I loose all my earned experience. For example I had selected a leader in the Renaissance who has a Minuteman UU but upgrading my level 4 crossbow to minuteman caused my experience to disappear. Other than that I love using HRE in VP.

4. Hoop Thrower

Hey! So I see you released the Iberian split. If I may make a request... I'd like to see some name changes. Specifically, I'm pretty sure you are already aware that Hacienda and Fazenda mean the same, but not only that, Fazenda is literally farm in portuguese.

Could you change the name of the Fazenda to Engenho and the name of the Hacienda to Obrador?

5. LastSword

LastSword Prince

Actually, I thought their meanings are quite in wide range, while simplifying: Fazenda ~ Plantation; Hacienda ~ estate. I thought they will be perfect to represent colonial stuff, well.

Anyway, I am ok with Engenho (maybe Fazenda sounds better, more colourful to me), can even make an icon out of it quite easily.
    Hacienda will stay unless I am gonna replace it with something completely different, since it is a filler unique anyway.

6. LastSword

LastSword Prince

That's what happens when I am lazy and use convert unit method. Will try to fix it. Or maybe just add two unique units to this civ?
    In general HRE needs so much work that I am quite sure it is not worthy. :)

So I decided to update those mods for hotseat compatibility, which is needed in about 50% cases. Gonna start within 3 weeks or so.
    Recently I uploaded Portugals with it, and some initial rework, most notably Maria's nerf. Hopefully, I have also removed uniques' names that are too common in South America.

To the point, if there are some nitpicks, imbalances or even worse, boring stuff; feel free to mention it now. I will try to fix all the stuff with those updates.

From my side, I have this one nice idea about instant healing not increasing the level (and XP treshold), which I am gonna put somewhere, much likely in Gallia.
    I noticed AI Tatars are sending workers to improve resources in temporary territory, and in general I will forbid ability within city radius.
    Cherokee's UA will be changed from "Diplomats working like Spies" to "bonuses from Diplomats" + AI support for that. +1 Tourism upon Printing Press for Shrines. This will free the espionage theme for UA I designed, (Spies are less likely to be caught and rival negative spy stealing rate is only half as effective - I thought that I came up with something new, but obviously Cherokee had it already, meh. At least, bonus from hanging rival spies might be new).
    Numidia will be allowed to acquire naval and air UUs as well.
    Finally, I think that Hittites UA should be changed, because this bonus from resource is absolutely boring to me. Much likely recycle "for every Great General generated X bonus" from Gallia here, and remove GG points from Qin's UB and add it to Hittites' UB.
    Shortly, my focus is on sets 6, 7 and 9.

7. Hoop Thrower

Hey, I saw you released new Civ packs, glad to know you're still working on this game.

So I played a game with Athens, real funky unique ability, but it was really nice, allowed me to keep up with the other AIs even on Deity. It works impressively weird though, I'm not sure if it messes up with tech count on the diplomacy menu or I really had an advantage over other AIs techwise, but I always was 1 or 2 techs ahead of the rest.

Also, Research agreements work really weird with it, sometimes it indeed accelerated the "ahead" technology I was researching, sometimes it gave me a completly unrelated tech, and sometimes it didn't do anything noticeable (?). I know the UA says that Great Scientists and Spies don't work with it, but research agreements also work really weird with it.

On the other hand, it seems it works mostly great with mods that modify the techtree, I only had a problem where I couldn't train Enlightenment Era ranged units, but I'm not sure if that's an incompatibility problem with this mod in particular, so I won't really report it.

8. LastSword

LastSword Prince

It is quite hard to make without invasive database edition and replacement of in-game interface, which I decided to never do for my civs. It works by overriding display, and transfer science from "currently researching tech" to chosen one.

To not bore you further with coding, if research agreement provides enough science to discover a "currently researching tech" then:
    It will be much likely the first tech that can be researched normally (sorting by ID).

However, if research agreement is not enough to discover a tech, then:
    I am not sure when they can do nothing noticeable. Well, if by any chance I will random Athens and encounter this, then I will fix it.

Hoop Thrower likes this.
  9. OrderofOlav

OrderofOlav King of Procrastination

Hey Lastsword! I know this is a long shot but do you still have the file for your Imbangala? I am tinkering a little with the fall of Rome scenario just changing some names/icons/colours and adding some other civs, I wanted to add the Franks acting like your civ but that file no longer exist.

10. Lavilledieu

Lavilledieu Chieftain

I cannot put my joy into words. Great release! Awesome abilities!

Also, a small balance issue: Philip II of Spain is extremely annoying to play against. While I am usually able to (almost) kill a unit with three shots, against him, that unit is only half health or so due to the massive defence gain. I could almost not kill enemy troops, but he destroyed my army. Can you consider lowering the bonus defence to something like 20? 33 just feels insane.

11. SMcM

SMcM Chieftain

Good stuff, will have to have another play of civ 5 now!

12. Kobjante

Kobjante Chieftain

LS:

I am playing with Afonso de Albuquerque (Portuguese Overseas Empire Civ)

Everytime I try to replace sugarcane with other plantation resource, the game crashes. In my case, I was trying to replace sugarcane with bananas (I have a mod where banana is counted as a luxury resource)

I believe combining those mods is not working fo me

I like to have banana as a luxury resource and I don't want to turn this mod off. If I can reverse the engenho's sugarcane to other plantation resources, maybe I can solve this compability problem, but I have not tried this before because I don't know how to do it.

Will you help me out?

That's the mod I am using with Iberian double troube mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=433963128&searchtext=banana+as+a+luxury

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  13. LastSword

LastSword Prince

I have tested it with Luxury Bananas and it works fine.

Since I can't reproduce error, I can only help you to locate the issue:
    0. Add prints to the issue. In your case, the crash happens upon clicking the button (if I understand correctly) in city view.
    Code:
    function PlotButtonClicked(iplotindex)
        local iPlayer = Game.GetActivePlayer();
        print("AfTest0")
        local iPlot = Map.GetPlotByIndex(iplotindex);
        local res = GetNextResourceValid(iPlayer, iPlot)
        print("AfTest1")
        MakeNoteOfReplacedResource(res, iPlot:GetResourceType(), iPlayer)
        print("AfTest2")
        iPlot:SetImprovementType(-1)
        iPlot:SetResourceType(res);
        iPlot:SetNumResource(1);
        iPlot:SetImprovementType(plant)
        print("AfTest3")
        save(Players[iPlayer]:GetCityByID(iPlot:GetCityPurchaseID()):Plot():GetPlotIndex() .. "LSafonsoAIman", nil)
        print("AfTest4")
        UpdateButton()
        print("AfTest5")
    end
    Shortly, if text "AfTest2" appears in logs, it means that function MakeNoteOfReplacedResource did not caused crash. You have to find folder with civ5 mods (usually "...Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS"), then Iberian Trouble/Afonso folders, and open "AfonsoPortugalLSBuildingCode.lua" (in notepad for example), find above function and add prints.
    1. https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-to-enable-logging.487482/ - enable logging if you haven't done it yet.
    2. (Optional) FireTuner helps a lot in testing, you can instantly add techs, gold, building, plantation.
    3. Crash the game - funny part.
    4. Send me "Lua" file from "...Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs" or open it in notepad and send several last lines. Actually, you should locate the function that is making an issue and add more prints till the very certain line of code causing issue is detected.
    5. Tell me which version of the mod (Iberian Trouble) are you using. I doubt it is related but still it is always a valuable information.

However, as I stated before I am afraid it may be simply not working on your machine. It seems like a graphical issue or something with data reloading.

14. 1760s

1760s Chieftain

Apologies for bumping the thread, but would anyone happen to still have a copy of Windradyne? I asked around and couldn't find anything, so I was hoping somebody here would be able to assist. Thanks.

Hinin likes this.
  15. Ninten Samuel

Ninten Samuel Chieftain

Hi I was wondering if I can get your Australia mod. I can't seem to find it. If you can get it to me that would be good thanks.

16. TopHatPaladin

TopHatPaladin Chieftain

There's a Dropbox link available on its wiki page.

(Wiki link here / Dropbox link here)

17. Ninten Samuel

Ninten Samuel Chieftain

Thank you sorry I responded late I was busy these week with school.

18. Kobjante

Kobjante Chieftain