[GS] Māori Discussion Thread

its mind boggling. ive resorted to generating large maps minus 2 civs and 2 CSs .. and every game, the coast is loaded with CSs and 3-4 turns after I settle, there's another civ like 5 tiles away. i hate nerfing the game so I just go play other civs and its fine .. but I wanna try the maori ..

The game does not set any space for the Maori. Which means that they will tend to be in a crowded area.

I'm trying to figure out a couple of things, specifically the point where it's worthwhile to bulldoze a passable feature in favor of a seaside resort (granted that for role playing purposes, there's no way the bulldozers would roll.) Any thoughts?

I guess a related issue would be bulldozing to make room for Theater District + Marae + Archaeology Museum, especially given how long it takes to hard build a TD, at least with my relatively unproductive cities. Once the district is up, I have enough gold to flesh it out.

One more question: is the Toa adjacency effect inherited by subsequent Musketmen and Infantry?

One more question: is the Toa adjacency effect inherited by subsequent Musketmen and Infantry?

No. None of the Civ VI unique units pass on their traits to subsequent upgrades, except the ones that grant a free promotion, of course.

No. None of the Civ VI unique units pass on their traits to subsequent upgrades, except the ones that grant a free promotion, of course.
Thanks . . . in my current game there may be value to those Toa that I can't promote for lack of oil. ;)

Toa are better at sea because of +2 movement. No need to attach them to ships unless MP, attaching only helps if someone attacks you first which the AI is terrible at with sea units. They can also land and pillage in the same turn.
Sadly--or at least oddly--there was no one for my Toa to fight. They got their first kill at Turn 166, a barb swordsman, and the Toa had a Frigate and a Quad in support!

Top Bottom