Mac Modding Index

Flintlock1415

Emperor
In an effort to consolidate the efforts made by the Civ 4 mac community, I've decided to go ahead a make a thread dedicated to everything specific to mac modding.

Tutorials

Spoiler :
How to install the Blender nifscripts on a Mac Author: Flintlock1415

How to Create custom unit skins on a mac Author: Flintlock1415
Update for Buttons included.

Flag Decal Tutorial for Mac Author: iggymnrr

Utilities/Programs

Spoiler :
Macapaka (.fpk file Extractor) Author: AlanH

Nifskope Mac Author: Sedna17
(See post #4.)

Blender (3-D Modeling Program) Author: Blender Foundation
I would read through my blender nifscripts tutorial to get the full use of this program.

Drag'n'Drop Mod Installer (Download Only) Author: AlanH

Smultron (XML Editor) Author: Tuppis Group

Gimp (Free Photoshop alternative) Author: Simone(?) +Gimp team

Text Wrangler (Gremmlin Zapper/XML Editor) Author: Bare Bones Software

Mods

I have the link to the Mac compatible Mods thread, if anyone wants to search through there. I took most of the mods that had links, were still running, etc, but I know I missed some for one reason or another.

List of Mac Compatible Mods Author:Skippy Kangaroo (et al.)

Spoiler :
Hall of Fame Mod Author: AlanH

The Ancient Medditeranean Author: TAM Team

Blue Marble Author: Coldfever (converted by Alan H)

Better Ship Scales Author: Elhoim

Ethnically Diverse Units Author: Rabbit, White

Sevopedia Author: Sevo

Napoleonic Europe Author:AlakazanAssassin

WWI Mod Author: Jon 'Trip' Shafer

WWII European Theatre Mod Author: Nwabudike Morgan

Battle of Hastings Author: Flintlock1415

Battle for East Asia Author: Jon 'Trip' Shafer

Immigration Mod Author: The Lopez

Real Epic Mod Author: Shadowlord

Limited Era Mods Author: Jeckel

The Dark Ages mod Author: Ruff Hi and Conroe

Mods For Beyond the Sword

Spoiler :
Blue Marble Author: Coldfever (converted by Alan H)

Ethnic Mix More Mod Author: Coffee Junkie

Varietas Delectat Author: Avain (Converted by Xyth)

BUG (BtS Unaltered Gameplay) Author: The BUG team (fixes by AlanH) Install Instructions

BAT Mod for Mac Author: The BUG/BAT team (converted/maintained by Xyth)

[BtS] Battle of Hastings Author: Flintlock1415

Pie's Ancient Europe Author: Pie

History Rewritten Author: Xyth

MacBUFFY Author: AlanH

Thanks to everyone who made these mods/tutorials/utilities! :goodjob:
If anyone has any suggestions, comments, or if I made any errors, please let me know!

Nice work, Flintlock :goodjob: This certainly deserves to be a stickie.

I'll review the current stickies and remove those that this one supercedes. If anyone objects to my choices, please shout and I can re-stick them.

Is there a Middle Earth the Lord of the Rigs map somewhere in Civfanatics??

Thanks

Google (top right of the forum windows) 'LOTR'. You will find lots of hits. I'll leave it to wiser heads to tell you whether any of them are Mac compatible.

How do you delete by text edit the advaced start thing?

im confused on how to install EDU on warlords could someone explain it to me please

on the page there is a link to "download v2.6". download that, then download v2.8.

when you have both downloaded, open EDU_v2 and move the ethnically diverse units into your civ4/mods folder. then move the contents of assets_warlords into ethnically diverse units/assets.

from EDU_2/warlords/assets replace the art, buildings and civilizations XML folders. from units replace the 2 files inside.

then with the art files as soon as you find a folder or file that isn't in the mods/ethnically diverse units/assets/art/etc. move it to an equivelent spot in the mod folder.

Then the civilization game should be able to load the mod properly with the patch. Hope this helps!

Just updated the utilities/programs section. I just discovered a program called Smultron, which is a beautiful XML editing program (much preferred to TextWrangler.) :)
I would really like to see if anyone has been able to get other mods running, so I can expand that section. ;) (My mod will probably be ready in the next week or two, so keep an eye out!) :p

What do you mean? Every unit/leaderhead/building/cityset/improvement/terrain or anything that is 3-D is a nif file, and Blender is a modeling program that allows you to create new 3-D models.

Blender is capable of editing many types of 3-D files, but as far as Civ4 is concerned, Blender only is used to create/edit nif files.

yeah i was kinda wondering about kf files... theyre animations, right?

Top Bottom