Mad Scientists Nest generation RPC Summary/Bullpen

i like the Dalai Lama idea :)

and because of the difficult stating point IMHO its okay to Worldbuild Cristo in you capital...

BUT, i think you should use another Civilization than Native American because you can build a rescourceless axeman, i am thinking about Korea or the Khmers? (just without building the Hwacha)

At some point, I wouldn't mind seeing a historical reenactment:

Judas Maccabeus
(Brennus of the Celts for Spiritual, Charismatic, and Guerrilla Warfare)

Must found Judaism.
Must construct Temple of Solomon.
Must run Theocracy.

Arid Map

Opponents:
Alexander of Greece (must be eliminated)
Rome
Persia
Any others that seem appropriate to a Holy Land setting. :)

I have been looking for a good idea for Israel and the Promised Land and this looks pretty damned good!

Brennus of the Celts.
Must found Judaism and get the Shrine.
Continent Map and Judas must lead his chosen people to secure the entire starting land mass for themselves. After that any victory possible!

A more laid back and straight foreward RPC focusing on a good historical leader to make up for the Picard, Satan, and future Dali Lama difficult games.

i like the Dalai Lama idea :)

and because of the difficult stating point IMHO its okay to Worldbuild Cristo in you capital...

BUT, i think you should use another Civilization than Native American because you can build a rescourceless axeman, i am thinking about Korea or the Khmers? (just without building the Hwacha)

Khmer may be an option although I already have the game set up and you know my reputation for screwing these mods up! Still I like the Protective SB in order to survive. While the Dali Lama may be a pacifist, he's no fool.

Another game I am considering is the Ptomleic empire. Was thinking of merging the Egyptian/greeks leaders/civilizations for a good old wonderspam/culture win.

We can do

Al of Egypt
Pericles of Egypt
Hatty of Greece
Ramesses of Greece.

DO we want to do an earth-map here (I have a modified one with different leaders), or perhaps a competely random map?

Finally, which famous leader from Ptolemic Egypt? Ptolemy? Cleaopatra (I have yet to have a female in and RPC-TNG)?

tibet should get cows/ yaks. I think Spi/Philosphical are his traits. I assume Pacifism is a required civic and the 'evil' civics of slavery, police state, are banned?

tibet should get cows/ yaks. I think Spi/Philosphical are his traits. I assume Pacifism is a required civic and the 'evil' civics of slavery, police state, are banned?

Good point, I can still worldbuil cows to replace one sheep. I did the Spi/Phil thing with the Guptas as a peaceful game, I want a different combo there. I like the idea of having some super defenders keeping the Lama safe.

As far as civics, police state and theocracy are no brainers. Slavery is acceptible (Tibetans only got rid of slavery when Communist China took them over in the 1950s!) but with a OCC I don't see us using the whip at all, especially with the lack of food (although there are bananas/rice on the other side of the himalayas!

I like the Christo Redentor the best, it will be hard enough to win. Diplomacy seams the only way, and by the UN as we cannot get caravels with missionaries to Monty. Space is possible but without the resources it seams "heroic".

Next time you're in a warlike mood, I'd suggest Zapp Brannigan... You can only work your way up in the world by picking on the weakest civ on the map, wherever it might be. And of course, no siege weapons. Throw wave after wave of men at the city until you take it. Remember, "In the game of chess, you can never let your adversary see your pieces."

HOW about a ROBIN HOOD Scenario: Budica of the Native american empire against a ton of english states :D

HOW about a ROBIN HOOD Scenario: Budica of the Native american empire against a ton of english states :D

Not sure about using the English state. Gotta think on a Robin Hood angle a little more.

OK, The next RPC game will be Israel, and I like Bandobras Took's suggestion of Judas Maccabeus although I am opeing this up as a pre-game thread.

My idea

Play as Brennus, I know same leader as the Mod but I like the idea of using the normal Brennus to follow up the mod. Besides he best fit's this game as I have spun out Saladin a little too much lately.

Proposed Game settings

Continents, can't remember the last time I played one
Arid map
Emperor difficulty
Large map

Rules
1) We are Jewish and must found that religion, but NOT anyother. There is only one god, at least to the Jews!

2) We must built the temple of Solomon, and run either Organized Religion or Theocracy. All other civics are open.

3) We are to take over the promised land, thus we must control all the land of our starting continent. No vassals allowed on this continent (Got that TMIT!).

4) Trade: Being Jewish we can trade for monety resources as much as we like, but can only trade techs with fellow jews. Just remember we are Jews and love money!

5) We are forbidden to build the AP and must raze the city that has it "IF" it's on our continent. It is a filthy Christian establishment. All AP votes must be defied, exception if it does happen to be Jewish (still needs to be burned down though).

6) Once our continent is secured we may follow any victory course that best suits the Jewish peoples.

I was thinking of handpicking leaders that have been oppressors of the Jews throughout history (No I am not going to run a 34 leader mod!), any suggestion to the ones below

Bismark (need you ask why)
Isabella (The Spanish Inquisition was basically against Jews)
Agustus (Closest to the Roman who destroyed the Temple)
Saladin (Because Arabs and Jews don't get along)
Hammurabi (read you bible man!)
Alexander (Damned Helenistic culture diluted the true Jewish faith)
Ramesses (Oh, the oppression of the Jewish Slaves)
Stalin (for teh poor Russian Jews)

I am also for the idea of another Jewish leader such as Moses, Joshua, SOlomon (my first choice but Slobbering bear did try that), Golda Meier (can still use Brennus's picture though!)

Finally, here is a disqualifier. I am from New York and have alot of friends who are Jews including people in my family, however I am going to run this as a proper Jew! Please do not become offended or call be anti-semitic (there are enough anti-semitic leaders in this RPC!).

This could end up being very interesting. A proper warmongering game without overdoing it.

IS there a way to make sure the Holy Mountain Quest Triggers via world builder or something?

Seems very fitting for this RPC.

@MadScientist: dont forget Cyrus! he was a friend of the jews: read the Civilopedia (our bible) xD

if you could include the Religious victory from Rise of Mankind, then you wouldnt have to make another space race...? :)

Oh, this is going to be fascinating. I'm assuming 'choose religions' is turned off, so you have to beeline monotheism?

I've been reminding myself of Judas Maccabeus's biography - at least, as related in 1 Maccabees - and I would say going by his alliance with Rome (1 Macc 8.17ff) a diplo victory would be more appropriate than conquest/domination. Also very suitable to Old Testament universalist aspirations as expressed for example in Isaiah 2... On the other hand, you might think of space as an attainment of the entry into heaven symbolised by the pilgrimage to Jerusalem and Moses' ascent of Sinai.

One other thing - and this is a handicap I've been thinking of trying for myself, having got so used to playing a certain way - surely no slavery? At least, no whipping in purely Jewish cities - see Leviticus 25:39-46. In fact, I'm going to shadow and impose this rule on myself, at least.

Very excited as always...

I seem to remember slavery, or at least indentured servitude in Genesis. Maybe no slavery after the Code of Mosaic Law is discovered...

Top Bottom