Mafia: Information, Announcements, and Discussion

I might have handled that actually, but probably poorly. It's strategy.

Write to the user Thingyman.

If anyone would like to spectate and comment via Discord on Tim in his champs practice game or his full fledged Championship Qualifier game, please reach out to me!

I peered in for the first time in many a years (cant seem to recover my old account, I know some folks remember me), had an inkling to maybe play a game here again but I wouldn't be able to keep up with these 150 page game threads! Good to see cfc is still encouraging people to write new games, write different game mechanics, and is having active games.

KENNIGIT! :eek:

I disnt think so either, but it seems people can manage. You ought to try. Not every game goes this far so fast.

Heyo Kennigit! Game volume wise, things are crazy right now. And I also can't commit to any games right now due to that. Things might slow down a bit eventually (hopefully without a complete stop). In the meantime just blame everything on Tim.

Heyo Kennigit! Game volume wise, things are crazy right now. And I also can't commit to any games right now due to that. Things might slow down a bit eventually (hopefully without a complete stop). In the meantime just blame everything on Tim.

This is reasonable. In fact, if you put me on ignore the thread immediately cuts to a manageable size, and really nothing I say is too important to miss.

Tim is currently on hold due to his championship game in two weeks. There were also murmurings about a micro game being started here.

So both you and Kennigit may be well positioned to participate soon.

Good to see you again, Kennigit! I think you could get try emailing or PMing the admins about recovering your old account.

If it's a game without 50 pages of posts per day, I might also be able to join.

Tim is currently on hold due to his championship game in two weeks. There were also murmurings about a micro game being started here.

So both you and Kennigit may be well positioned to participate soon.
I could probably run a micro game concurrent with the current game and to belay some of your concerns about 50 page games I could probably cap it at 9 (was already considering doing it) and maybe also consider doing an open setup like a dethy7 which is more mechanics based than interactions based (fun fact, dethy7 is super breakable if you allow players to choose who their N0 inspects are)

#1 what's a dethy7?

#2 chox, you gotta update the stats someday. No hurries.

#1 what's a dethy7?

#2 chox, you gotta update the stats someday. No hurries.
2 mafia, 4 cops of various sanity (1 sane cop (gets accurate results), 1 insane cop (gets only inaccurate results, if they inspect a town they receive maf, if they inspect a maf they get town), 1 paranoid cop (inspections return exclusively as "mafia") and 1 naive cop (inspections return exclusively as "town")), and a one shot vigilante. The aim of this is just to provide something comparitively more relaxing while still being a micro though I can def do a different setup. Cops get N0 inspections and maf can't kill N0

2 mafia, 4 cops of various sanity (1 sane cop (gets accurate results), 1 insane cop (gets only inaccurate results, if they inspect a town they receive maf, if they inspect a maf they get town), 1 paranoid cop (inspections return exclusively as "mafia") and 1 naive cop (inspections return exclusively as "town")), and a one shot vigilante. The aim of this is just to provide something comparitively more relaxing while still being a micro though I can def do a different setup. Cops get N0 inspections and maf can't kill N0

That sounds like it would be a mess of competing claims and wholly invented claims!

I'd be up for that once Catan is over.

If we run the games concurrently (which I'm fine with, for one), we need to make sure sign-ups are not happening simultaneously. So perhaps fill the mini first and the "big" game second.

I should note that as I'm envisioning this happening

1. I'm fine running a different setup than dethy7 if people don't like it looking at it
2. I'm considering running the setup with 24/24 cycles, night chat allowed, randomized N0 inspections
3. I might try to start it while the current game is running, assuming that it hits F5 or F3, but I think I'd want it wrapped up before the next big game is starting regardless of when I start it

These are generally short games, the largest post count I've seen in one is a bit over 600

Top Bottom