Mafia/NOTW Statistics

"Quicktopic is for squares" :p

That was one of the strangest PM's I've ever gotten from a mafia partner. :lol: Tnere was also how she randomly went after Love when we agreed to not do that, and later we tried to bus her and somehow got me lynched instead. :crazyeye:

@JoanK: 45% of the time, statistics can be manipulated to say whatever you need them to.

I've always loved being in the lists for both Most Often Town and Most Often Mafia, but neither the Percentage of Games Played as Town nor Percentage of Games Played as Mafia.

One of these is the last list I could possibly be on that I am not in yet. I'm particularly proud of my record as Mafia! In spite of performing awfully half the time.
It's always tickled me how I have the best and second-best streaks for town wins in a row, yet I'm not even in the top 20 for winning percentage as town.

Meanwhile my winning percentage as mafia is top 5 and I'm not anywhere on the list for best streaks as mafia.

How did that happen?

Spoiler :
bonus: choxorn has played almost 30 more games than me, yet I've been mafia more times than him.

While I'm updating this, I made a proposal a few months ago for some slight changes to how I handle the Winning Streaks leaderboards, and I'd really appreciate it if I got feedback from more than two people. :p
could you repeat the proposal? :p

I concur with Zack, as I find myself most unwilling to scroll up.

I talked about it here:

-I've been for a long time bothered by the "Current" Winning Streaks sections- for one thing, it seems cutting it off at 3 doesn't give much to list there, but it's hard to reduce that without getting ridiculous numbers of 2-game winning streaks. For another, it's hard to call a winning streak "Current" when the only reason it hasn't been interrupted is that the holder of the streak hasn't played in 3 years. So, I ask all of you:

Should I leave it the way it is, with Streaks limited to 3 or more, and only interrupted when the holder of the streak actually loses a game?
Should I change it to stop listing streaks as Current if they're held by a long-inactive player?
Should I make that change, and then also list Active 2-game winning streaks, for some or all of the categories?

I'd leave alone the other three categories, listing Most Wins in a Row Overall/As Mafia/As Town that list the longest streaks regardless of whether they're active streaks or not.

Anyway, I think I'll just go ahead and count Snerk as not being in Breeland, that seems like the most reasonable thing to do.

keep it limited to 3 or more

remove it if the streak was a long time ago, as it's not really "current"

like imagine an NFL quarterback set the record for most completed passes in a row, then played his last game and without breaking the streak. Would you still consider it a current streak after he retired?

I talked about it here:

Anyway, I think I'll just go ahead and count Snerk as not being in Breeland, that seems like the most reasonable thing to do.

Yeah that's fair IMO

I've always loved being in the lists for both Most Often Town and Most Often Mafia, but neither the Percentage of Games Played as Town nor Percentage of Games Played as Mafia.

One of these is the last list I could possibly be on that I am not in yet. I'm particularly proud of my record as Mafia! In spite of performing awfully half the time.

#carried

My Mafia skills reside not in playing the game well, but in getting asigned to the winning side. :cool:

Yuor question is of interesting. Cannot into know yet.

Could I get the assistance of a moderator? All the posts containing the important stuff are now at an arbitrary part of the middle of the thread around here, and that's not where I want them, they're a lot better at the start of the thread where they were before the move.

Are these going to be updated?

I sometimes come to bask in the glory of the old days, but of course I've fared a lot worse in the very few games played these last few years.

I certainly could start updating them again, just kinda didn't see the point because we play like 2 games a year these days.

Did you still need some moderator magic to update this thread?

At this particular moment? I don't think so.

At some future time? Maybe.

Don't you want to be a moderator, chox?

It'll be a cold day in hell before anyone lets me be a moderator of anything.

I certainly could start updating them again, just kinda didn't see the point because we play like 2 games a year these days.
it would be nice anyway, but I dont know if you feel its worth the trouble.

for example, I just returned here after couple of years, and wanted to see what happened in the meantime, who is the new MVP, and who seems to always be mafia nowadays :)

Top Bottom