Mahala's picture

Which picture, new or old?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright, let's try this one(?) more time!

Spoiler :

This version has darker clouds with a higher contrast, and at the same time the female is brighter with a lower contrast. Also, because the image has to be reduced by 25%, it's stretched out - but I cropped it so that she's more towards the center of the picture rather than having her off to the side.

So to repost the links for comparison:

http://h.imagehost.org/download/0249/W-Edit-final

http://h.imagehost.org/download/0812/W-Edit-final2

Let me know what you like and dislike about the current version and suggest ways that I can change it up a bit if you don't like it as much as a previous version. I want everybody to be happy with what gets picked, of course, so I'll do my best to alter things to whatever the consensus may be.

@ Alsark - I like the version you just posted. It is the most fine tuned so to speak. (Kinda funny that the poll is meaningless now - but then again, the whole point was to get a better picture. :mischief:)

I think it looks fine...
Except the head looks a little squashed:eek:

Well, see, the pixel dimensions have to be 512x512. In the actual game the picture is automatically resized to about 418x512 (it's around that, but I forget the exact number). So what I did was crop it down to 418x512 and then resize it to 512x512. That means that, in the game, she'll look thinner.

Except the head looks a little squashed:eek:

It's sort of supposed to. The actual space the image fills is more like 375x500. The game accepts any image size though and stretches and shrinks it where necessary. In this case they are using 512x512, so once the image is in game it's going to be squeezed a bit, and then it will look normal.

Hey, I just saw this thread, and well, Ive had this picture in my favorites for a while. and It seems to fit. Even though this seems pretty much decided, I thought I would throw it out there.

>>Link Here<<
Spoiler :

Yeah xD, I hadnt had a reason to make a post yet, so I just registered to throw this out there :D

Yeah xD, I hadnt had a reason to make a post yet, so I just registered to throw this out there :D

That's a very beautiful image. Do you know who the artist is?

@asver: It is TOO beautiful for doviello.

IMO it suits well for winter court faeries :)

Personally I prefer her in full armor and looking well, just like a male warrior. She is a female in control of a male centric warrior culture last time I checked. That is how she is supposed to look.

It's the way she holds her head in it. Looks male and stuck up just you know does not reflect the spirit. Looks like that guy from the Prince of Persia games.

I agree with the current thread : armored warrior.. with a PICKAXE on a moonless night... in front of a fire ...
mmhh wonderful

well... maybe a war pickaxe.
or even a horseman's pick that has a sharpened face

lots of good pics here, but in my opinion the old pic still fits the Doviello best. she may be sorta androgynous, but its got that savage quality that i think of when i think of the Doviello

A few nitpicks about exposed skin...

First of all, you'd be surprised at how little warmth you lose outside of your extremities. I personally had little problem being outside in freezing temperatures in short shirtsleeves *and gloves* this winter.

Also, you dress differently for battle and for day-to-day living. Cover yourself real well for a week-long trek through the tundra. Cover yourself just enough to not freeze when you're going to out to battle.

Top Bottom