Main Download Information

Ahh I finally see goodie huts in map editor again with the patch.:goodjob:

Am Beginning a new game and testing it now. Thank you much Afforess!:hammer:

Can we still install the original Rise Of Mankind as well? Since A New Dawn is in a directory within Rise Of Mankind directory (which currently has no other contents), will installng Rise Of Mankind still keep the A New Dawn there? Or perhaps I'll have to do some renaming?

AND 1.75 shouldn't go into the Rise of Mankind directory at all. It's supposed to go into the Mods directory like all the other mods. Afforess's installer program defaults to the last directory used so if you installed 1.74 or earlier you have to manually change the target to the Mods directory.

My own mods directory has Rise of Mankind and Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn directories in it, for example.

Currently my BtS Mods folder contains:
Rise of Mankind (2.92)
Rise of Mankind AND (175a)
Rise of Mankind 1.03
and
Rise of Mankind NWAI AND (Prehistoric)

When you have all these stand alones, there is one thing you should do when you load any of them, Hold the Shift key down during the loading to clear the cache of the previous settings.

PreHistoric NWAI Rom/AND you will need to rename the Mod in the RoM config file, I chose Rise of Mankind NWAI AND. This line in the Config file:
# ; Name of Mod
Name = Rise of Mankind NWAI AND

JosEPh

ShortCut Reminder keeps coming back all the time now, i have unchecked it five times/five loaded games now and it keeps coming back

Would you be willing to share your secret for getting rid of the shortcut reminder? It keeps coming back for me too despite unchecking the box.

Go to: Rise of Mankind\Assets\Python\Afforess\ANewDawnSettings.py

Look for: (it's right near the top)

def onLoadGame(self,argsList):
self.optionUpdate()
MainOpt.setShowOptionsKeyReminder(True)

def onGameStart(self,argsList):
self.optionUpdate()
MainOpt.setShowOptionsKeyReminder(True)

Change the "true" values to "false". Save.

For some reason, Civ will occasionally overwrite this file, meaning you'll have to change it again. But it should last through your current game, at the very least.

Foul

Hi all!!Can someone please help,as I install the newest version of the mod,without Rom,everything seems to install fine,but when I load it...Its still Vanilla!?Older versions worked fine.....
Starting CivBts-Load mod ROM..Game restarts.loading ROM....AND..Vanilla BTS??What the...
New Dawn installed itself in BTS-Mods-ROM-ROM-A New Dawn...
Someone?

Solved...

As I have the exact same problem as the gentleman here quoted, I would like to know how the matter has been eventually solved.

AND 1.74 (located in Programfiles/Civilization4/BeyondtheSword/Mods/RiseofMankind) still works fine but loading AND 1.75 (installed in Programfiles/Civilization4/BeyondtheSword/Mods) will bring me to Vanilla BTS. Holy smokes !
Well I guess I'll stick with 1.74 until I can figure the matter.

As I have the exact same problem as the gentleman here quoted, I would like to know how the matter has been eventually solved.

AND 1.74 (located in Programfiles/Civilization4/BeyondtheSword/Mods/RiseofMankind) still works fine but loading AND 1.75 (installed in Programfiles/Civilization4/BeyondtheSword/Mods) will bring me to Vanilla BTS. Holy smokes !
Well I guess I'll stick with 1.74 until I can figure the matter.
Did you delete or rename the old RoM? I renamed mine to "Rise of Mankind Old".

No I didn't. I will try that. Thanks!

Wait. Does that mean that Rise of Mankind is integrated into AND 1.75?
Yes, they are merged together.

I have wierd problems with multpilayer on AND 1.75, well actually it's my mate cause he can't join the game when i try to load our save, still he can join fresh games without problems. His visual studio clamis that this is unhelded c++ exception, any ideas how to fix this?

edit: problem solved;p he didn't install patch A (ehh) but funny that we were able to lunch this;]

Anyone can direct me to the link where I can download the torrent file? I'm having issues with sourceforge. It keeps disconnecting me, making me restart the download a few kbs after downloading.

Thanks in advance

Do I have to reinstall A New Dawn again or can I simply rename the directory?

Same question here, since simply renaming the directory didn't work. I'll try reinstalling everything later.

Another question : is AND 1.74 and its latest patch still accessible to download anywhere? A friend of mine wants it (also has problems with 1.75). And we're living way too far from each other for him to come to my place - he's living in Utah, I'm living in Belgium.

Thanks!

When you install 1.75, you should be installing to ..../Beyond the Sword/Mods folder, NOT ...BEYOND THE SWORD/MODS/RISE OF MANKIND. Or you can install to ...My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Mods as another optional destination.

Read the Installation instructions CAREFULLY!

B... But? That's exactly what I did! :cry:

See my previous previous message:

AND 1.74 (located in Programfiles/Civilization4/BeyondtheSword/Mods/RiseofMankind) still works fine but loading AND 1.75 (installed in Programfiles/Civilization4/BeyondtheSword/Mods) will bring me to Vanilla BTS

I will try as you state putting the mod in My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Mods, it could work that way. For all it's worth, I will reinstall everything from CIV4 to BTS 3.19 (actually I might even be switching to the mac version soon - AND works fine on macOS, right?) therefore I won't have to delete or rename any RoM or AND 1.74 mod because I'll install AND 1.75 from the start.

AND does not work on Macs.

Ok good to know.

BTW, I tried what os79 suggested and installed AND 1.75 in My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Mods rather than Program Files/... (after having deleted all RoM and AND-related folders) and it works!!!!! WOOHOO! I'm so glad! Thank you for the tip! :goodjob:

Top Bottom