Main Download Information

Hi guys, glad to see that this alternative to ROM exists. I LOVED ROM but it was too unstable in the mid-to-late game...too many CTDs once my game file size got above 1,000kb. So I guess that is the nature of my question: how stable is this mod? I would hate to put hours and hours into a game only to have it crash out around 1000kb like ROM did. I really like the list of improvements here, and I want to give the mod a go, but if people are having similar freezing/spinningworld/CTDs like ROM, I am very hesitant.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Actually it was the REVDCM version in RoM2.92 that had several bugs.

AND is a Stand a lone mod now. Aforress cleaned many things up in the RoM core but even he was handcuffed by what REVDCM was doing.

If you have issues with the save game size then you most likely have a memory issue/not enough ram. Same with freezing, not enough ram, main or video.

The Spinning world bug Was a REVDCM bug that was fixed in AND 1.75C

AND is a Big Mod. The Recommend Max number of AI to use is 24. Map size is also dependent upon your computers specs. So if you like Huge maps then don't use more than 12 AI to start a game with a 32bit OS. This is even More critical If you have Barb Civ or Barb World options turned ON. And also with Revolution enabled. Less of a problem with x64 OS and 4GB of ram or more.

So there you have it. Give it a go and see what shakes.

JosEPh :)

Features are no longer accepted for additions.

1.76 version is coming with final tweaks and corrections and few other updating.

That's it.

It's not being actively developed. That means it's either dead in the water or it's at it's apex? Since you're still around, Afforess, I assume it's the latter? Stable and all that?

Unlike a lot of mods on CFC, I set a definitive end date, and a definitive end release, and achieved that. There will be a 1.76 in the undetermined future, but 1.75 is the FINAL release. ;)

The Watchers still watch......and wait........

JosEPh :scan:

How can you tell if patch C went in?

The Spinning world bug Was a REVDCM bug that was fixed in AND 1.75C
First time poster ;). I played civilization for quite a while and finally started RoM2.92. After some days playing, the AI ran into a reproducible infinite loop during their turn hindering any further play. Is this the Spinning world bug?
I didn't find any information about this in the RoM forum, then again I maybe searching for the wrong topic.
I'm eager to play this mod, especially since it seems enhances RoM and solve some problem (e.g. the ranged bombardment, which isn't working in RoM). It would be nice to know, if any infinite loops are known to exists in the AI files of this mod (the bug tracker suggest not).
Especially since I plan to start a new game on a huge map with the maximum round number it would be just plain torture if I ran in this bug again after weeks of playing ;)

First time poster ;). I played civilization for quite a while and finally started RoM2.92. After some days playing, the AI ran into a reproducible infinite loop during their turn hindering any further play. Is this the Spinning world bug?
I didn't find any information about this in the RoM forum, then again I maybe searching for the wrong topic.
I'm eager to play this mod, especially since it seems enhances RoM and solve some problem (e.g. the ranged bombardment, which isn't working in RoM). It would be nice to know, if any infinite loops are known to exists in the AI files of this mod (the bug tracker suggest not).
Especially since I plan to start a new game on a huge map with the maximum round number it would be just plain torture if I ran in this bug again after weeks of playing ;)

Much effort was put in getting rid of this problem and as many of the CTD problems as possible. You will still get memory problems because of teh base code which has not been released for modders to play with has memory "leaks". That being said if you save fairly often especially in the latter game you should be able to proceed from a save.

Don't use more than 18 AI on that size map! Just asking for mid to late game problems if you do.

And on Giant or Gigantic don't use more than 10 AI.

JosEPh :)

help. i download the game clicked ran the installer it went though its stuff and when it was done i started up BtS went to load a mod and it wasnt there? any help?

I just installed BtS a couple minutes ago. Everything seemed fine until I looked in the Civilopedia.
Units are pink and a few textures are missing. Some buildings are red blobs.
Did I do something wrong? All I did was follow instructions and ran the installer. :confused: help?

I just installed BtS a couple minutes ago. Everything seemed fine until I looked in the Civilopedia.
Units are pink and a few textures are missing. Some buildings are red blobs.
Did I do something wrong? All I did was follow instructions and ran the installer. :confused: help?

Where did you install the mod to? What is your OS? What type of Civ4 do you have (CD's, DVD's, Steam)...?

Where did you install the mod to? What is your OS? What type of Civ4 do you have (CD's, DVD's, Steam)...?

The mod is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I have the Civilization IV Complete Edition Boxset (DVD)

Have all three expansions installed: Beyond the Sword, Colonization, and Warlords.

The mod is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I have the Civilization IV Complete Edition Boxset (DVD)

Have all three expansions installed: Beyond the Sword, Colonization, and Warlords.

Okay. Can you open your Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn/Assets folder and list off all of the files that end in .fpk? It's likely you are missing an art pack, although I can't say why.

Alright, here is the list of .fpk files in Assets folder:

.DC5EE6FA-3CF3-4DB1-AF02-5D33C6D31673.ANDPak0.FPK (181,524 kb)
.DC5EE6FA-3CF3-4DB1-AF02-5D33C6D31673.RevDCM.FPK (3,087 kb)
.DC5EE6FA-3CF3-4DB1-AF02-5D33C6D31673.RoMPak0.FPK (134,016 kb)
.DC5EE6FA-3CF3-4DB1-AF02-5D33C6D31673.RoMPak1.FPK (0 kb)
ANDPak0.FPK (181,524 kb)
RevDCM.FPK (3,087 kb)
RoMPak0.FPK (169,106 kb)
RoMPak1.FPK (166,786 kb)

Alright, here is the list of .fpk files in Assets folder:

.DC5EE6FA-3CF3-4DB1-AF02-5D33C6D31673.ANDPak0.FPK (181,524 kb)
.DC5EE6FA-3CF3-4DB1-AF02-5D33C6D31673.RevDCM.FPK (3,087 kb)
.DC5EE6FA-3CF3-4DB1-AF02-5D33C6D31673.RoMPak0.FPK (134,016 kb)
.DC5EE6FA-3CF3-4DB1-AF02-5D33C6D31673.RoMPak1.FPK (0 kb)
ANDPak0.FPK (181,524 kb)
RevDCM.FPK (3,087 kb)
RoMPak0.FPK (169,106 kb)
RoMPak1.FPK (166,786 kb)

Those top 4 files are confirmation - the install failed.

Run the installer with administrator permissions, and the game with administrator permissions.

Top Bottom