Male/female leaders

Do you miss Male/Female Leaders and want them for Civ V?

• I miss Male/Female Leaders and want them for Civ V.

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • I miss Male/Female Leaders, but don't want them for Civ V.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I didn't like Male/Females Leaders, but want them for Civ V.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I didn't like Male/Female Leaders and don't want them for Civ V.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I don't know........

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But Civ II HAS male/female leaders. In fact, at this very moment I'm playing Nazca of the Aztecs, and she's female.

:confused:

I only got Civilization 2 so I don´t have this problem. But anyway it is better to have male and female leaders so you can choose.

For example for germany: Friedrich the great as male and for female: "drumrolling": Angela Merkel :D

The heck with male/female leaders, I want the throne room back in Civ V!

Although this feature was nice, too. :D

I liked it, you're in a bit of a fix if you're trying to create a scenario where you need a female leader but that Civ only has guys.

And yes, I miss the throne room too :)

There should be male and female leaders available. You might need them for a game situation, plus there are female gamers who might not like having to play as a dude.

...Or vice versa.

Well, CivIV sort of tackled the problem, but I feel you pain.

I just copied this from Wikipedia.

Only one civilization per color, per game
WHITE Romans Russians Celts
GREEN Babylonians Zulus Japanese
BLUE Germans French Vikings
YELLOW Egyptians Aztecs Spanish
TEAL Americans Chinese Persians
ORANGE Greeks English Carthaginians
PURPLE Indians Mongols Sioux
RED Barbarians (NPC)

Sorry, I can't find the leaders anywhere. Use your imagination. :)

WHITE Romans (Julius, Livia) Russians (Lenin, Catherine) Celts (Brennus?, Boudicca)
GREEN Babylonians (Hammurabi, Ishtari) Zulus (Shaka, Shakala) Japanese (Tokugawa, Amaterasu)
BLUE Germans (Frederick II, Maria Theresa) French (Louis XIV, Joan D'Arc) Vikings (Canute, Gunnhild)
YELLOW Egyptians (Ramses, Cleopatra) Aztecs (Montezuma II, Nazca) Spanish (Isabella, Philip II)
TEAL Americans (Lincoln, Eleanor Roosevelt) Chinese (Mao, Wu) Persians (Xerxes, Sheharazade)
ORANGE Greeks (Alexander, Hippolyta) English (Elizabeth, Henry VIII) Carthaginians (Hannibal, Dido)
PURPLE Indians (Gandhi, Indira Gandhi) Mongols (Genghis Khan, ?) Sioux (Sitting Bull, Sacagawea)

Hope this helps

I think I prefer the current leaderships for a real mechanical difference rather than just flavoursome names in the game. There is the ability to mod or download mods for others. However playing Civ II again last night for the first time in years I kind of felt nostalgic for Gunnhild and am looking forward to finding out tonight what the female Mongol is.

Huayna Capac357 wrote:

WHITE Romans (Julius, Livia) Russians (Lenin, Catherine) Celts (Brennus?, Boudicca)
GREEN Babylonians (Hammurabi, Ishtari) Zulus (Shaka, Shakala) Japanese (Tokugawa, Amaterasu)
BLUE Germans (Frederick II, Maria Theresa) French (Louis XIV, Joan D'Arc) Vikings (Canute, Gunnhild)
YELLOW Egyptians (Ramses, Cleopatra) Aztecs (Montezuma II, Nazca) Spanish (Isabella, Philip II)
TEAL Americans (Lincoln, Eleanor Roosevelt) Chinese (Mao, Wu) Persians (Xerxes, Sheharazade)
ORANGE Greeks (Alexander, Hippolyta) English (Elizabeth, Henry VIII) Carthaginians (Hannibal, Dido)
PURPLE Indians (Gandhi, Indira Gandhi) Mongols (Genghis Khan, ?) Sioux (Sitting Bull, Sacagawea)

Just thought I'd fill in the female mongol leader is Bortei.

BTW: the Celtic male leader isn't Brennus. I can't remember who it actually was, but it ain't Brennus!

Cunobelin.

There should be male and female leaders in all new versions of Civ, AND a throne room, AND a palace, dammit.

<3 Dido

Top Bottom