1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Man's Work: mod release

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by gwendoline, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

So I've barely even scratched the surface of this thing content-wise and wow, the way the AI spams its units makes me think I'm playing Cossacks! :p Probably not since EFZI2 (or possibly Civ4) have I had to almost completely readapt my play style (front lines are actually a thing now), and I haven't even hit the fun units yet. The number of AIs and the speed of colonization creates a unique dynamic where border clashes happen much more frequently and are a lot riskier if you're not prepared for a proper war. Haven't had a chance to try out the modern units, but I like the metrics at first glance and was considering something similar for my own projects re. naval bombers as exclusive to carriers.

In short: this is the mod I never knew I needed. :goodjob:

2. Meteor Man

Meteor Man En Route to M81

This looks awesome! Will be definitely be trying this out. You certainly put a hell of a lot of work into this mod. Hats off. :thumbsup:

3. Lionic

Lionic King

Does anyone hear music while playing this mod? I hear some kind of scratching instead as long as music is turned on.

4. Thorvald of Lym

How long have you played? He modded the 'build' steps so you'll get a rhythm until the full tracks kick in.

5. register

register Warlord

Actually I had the same when I played. Maybe not with soundtrack but with diplomacy sounds. Short loud scratching sound and then silence.

6. Thorvald of Lym

Now that does sound like a glitch.

7. Lionic

Lionic King

I have been playing with music turned on for about 10 minutes, until I found out that the glitch stops after turning music off. Also I have heard it when founding new city. AFAIK sound files that are going to be used in Civ 3 need some preparation, you can't just use any mp3 file available?

8. Jarovid

Jarovid Prince

I played over 300 turns and haven't had any issues with music.

9. gwendoline

gwendoline Prince

Music is from a short list of things i never had problems with. And this caused poor attention to mp3 files; they might be not as clean as original civ3 music :undecide:

Jarovid likes this.
  10. Tigris of Gaul

Tigris of Gaul Warlord

Love the music!

11. register

register Warlord

Do you have any idea what might cause such a glitch? Windows 10 maybe?

12. Lionic

Lionic King

Unlikely. I am using Vista.

13. Nanuk

Nanuk Warlord

14. Theov

Theov Deity

It looks beautiful.
    But it crashes when exiting the space program screen (f9?).

15. gwendoline

gwendoline Prince

Theov, I know the game can stuck when you exit space screen pressing X or by some other mouse manipulations. And i have the same problem even in classic civ3 game, maybe not so often, although there was no such crash on my old WinXP system. Now i always try to avoid it (pressing ESC for exit), but maybe there is a solution with Windows XP compatibility for the newer operation systems?

Solborn, thank you for discover sound fixes, hope it helps.

16. register

register Warlord

17. Tigris of Gaul

Tigris of Gaul Warlord

Having a great campaign and I'm in the year 1912 AD, however my turn time has really slowed down. I hate to start over though. :(

18. Omenofis

Omenofis Chieftain

Is there a particular reason why helicopters have so slow movement (2)? is the same with tanks, and are slower than modern tanks (3) , Also in the AI strategies u have bombard abilities but u haven't enable the artillery strategy for the AI is there a reason behind it? example of those are tanks, helicopters etc...

19. gwendoline

gwendoline Prince

All general artillery units have 'Artillery' flag enabled in their Ai Strategies, but for other non-artillery units in first place with secondary bombard ability it is a question to discuss, and their bombardment more useful for human player. The main helicopter's perk is 'All Terrain As Roads', so they have much movement (transport helis: 2mov.pts. x 5 = 10 turns, attack helis: 3mov.pts. x 5 = 15 turns to run) to operate on neutral/enemy territory. And, btw, there are no 'modern' tanks with 3 movement points, only 2 for tracked and 3 or above for vehicles on rubber resource.

Also attach additional link to download for people who have issues with google drive
    http://www.mediafire.com/folder/trgmsig3v07xb/MansWork

20. Omenofis

Omenofis Chieftain

thanks for the quick reply, :)
    so from your experience AI cant handle correctly the secondary bombing abilities? Also, AI can handle the (land transports)?
    and what about multirole helicopters, can AI handle them? U don't give him AI strategy to follow (for be more exactly u gave them attack/defence but u have grey the options) is that working correctly?
    About DRONE? how AI will handle it? it has none as AI strategy i guess it cant be used by AI? perhaps an Explore AI it will better to use?
    more questions, sorry for that but i am trying to understand how well AI can handle so many units, e.g. Tu-95 can carry 1 tactical missile, but in AI strategies have none, can AI understand what to do with this unit? or it is only for humans to use?
    New Jersey class battleship has the ability to carry 2 aircraft but in AI strategy is not a naval carrier, this means that is only for human use only?
    hm... how AI uses the sea mine?
    Turret? u haven't assigned it as artillery AI strategy is that on purpose or by accident?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018