Votes: 5 7.5%
  • JosEPh_II

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Praetyre

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Epi3b1rD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As much as I'd like to get the game going as well, it's only been his turn for ~2 days now. Admittedly, he hasn't been on CFC for ~6 days. I just sent him an Email (via his profile) so perhaps he'll turn up soon.

Oh, you mean hack his account like Koshling did to get me in?

yep... from there, play the turn and retire the game... that'll turn his player over to ai control.

I'm only responding to say its possible. Il Principe has been a good supporter for C2C but I'm not sure why he's losing interest here aside from the fact that it may seem other players are. It's frustrating that one player can have trouble and as a result, its like dominoes... others then start losing focus in the assumption that there will be delays anyhow. Is it really that hard to check in daily?

As much as I'd like to get the game going as well, it's only been his turn for ~2 days now. Admittedly, he hasn't been on CFC for ~6 days. I just sent him an Email (via his profile) so perhaps he'll turn up soon.

Oh, you mean hack his account like Koshling did to get me in?

I could certainly hack the game, as I can build Debug version of the DLL. I do think however that we should wait a week before doing that.

What about having 2 persons per Civ?

Bad idea... sets up a proxy team. There's no way a player would start a war with himself but he may very well use the other nation to benefit his original one. At least... there'd be nothing to stop it and the temptation would certainly be there.

What I think / hope Mega Nix meant would be that each player could have an alternate that is not otherwise playing the game that could take their turn if the primary doesn't show up for X days.

Even if we didn't do that we should probably have someone who is not actively playing, and is trustworthy, hold everyone's passwords so that their civ can be accessed in case of an emergency so that we don't have to hack it to get in.

Ah, yes... I misread that to say 2 civs per player. An alternative player could be useful for some of us yes. (Sorry to misread you there Mega!)

I'd say 2048... thats when I think this game will be over lol. The way its going I think we should have chosen the fastest game speed on a smaller map with 5 players rather than 11. I'm just glad I stopped it at 11 when initially I had allowed 20 to join. Boy, imagine 20 people playing this... it would be days between turns.

Not a problem though because we have our log. People wanting to see this game in 5 years from now will see it fast as a whole and among different perspectives. It's kind of like a movie. Its a slow long process of filming and editing and problems and delays with the set and people getting sick but once its done and released boom! It's there to be viewed as a whole forever.

It doesn't matter how long this game takes to play. As long as we don't give up. At the very least it will keep c2c alive and active ;) BTW anyone think this thread should be pinned eventually? People new to this game would love to see a multiplayer game from different perspectives.

I'm going to be straight forward here and frank.

There has to be consistency of play. And there has to be the courtesy of coming in and saying "Hey guys, I'm having some RL issues and need someone to take over till I post again." In this case, and this game, silence is Not Golden. It's a barrier.

JosEPh

There has to be consistency of play. And there has to be the courtesy of coming in and saying "Hey guys, I'm having some RL issues and need someone to take over till I post again." In this case, and this game, silence is Not Golden. It's a barrier.

JosEPh

Well, this forum is really a distraction from all of our RLs, and so I can understand when people don't say explicitly that they will be gone (stuff happens unexpectedly, etc). I personally say when I will be gone in advance just so that the team knows why I'm not adding anything, but I certainly don't expect that from non-modders.

JosEPh

Agreed. While I can also see ls612's point, agreeing to participate in a game such as this causes, in my opinion, a greater responsibility on the part of the person to check in as often as feasible and as Joseph stated to post if one is not going to be able to do so. Now, admittedly Il Principle has, if I recall correctly, one or more young children. If something happened with one of them, I could see and understand not being on for a couple of days, as family is more important than any game. Still courtesy would say that he should come on for five minutes and post that he won't be around for a while. Or he could be lost in Skyrim again. The problem with all of my guesses are that they are guesses. We just don't know.

As much as I'd like to get things going, courtesy demands we give him the same seven day period everyone else has had. I do also agree with Hydro that waiting so long between turns does strain the memory, even though I have the screenshots I take to fall back on. Admittedly, there's not so much happening at this stage of the game to forget, but this will be a bigger issue as the game goes on.

As TB noted, everyone should check in at least once a day, even if just to be courteous to the rest of us who are playing. I think most of us probably do this anyway.

Just as a reminder, it has now been 5 days since Il Principle's turn came up, and (just checked again to be sure) 9 days since he's been on CFC at all. Shall we wait two more days, or split the difference and call it a week?

I'll send him another email (via profile) just in case it makes a difference. Since the last one didn't, this one probably won't either, but I'll try anyway.

Go for it.

JosEPh

But the first person that meets that AI will get an unfair advantages by getting one extra city by conquering it. The AI is inferior, especially here when he have so much time to think about our turns. Can't someone take his place instead?

As I recall, there were a couple of 'official' alternates in the first thread. It would have to be someone who is on the forum every day though. Not that it's my decision (not alone anyway), but if anyone who is on regularly is interested, they should say something before Saturday. Of course, the rest of the active players should weigh in with their thoughts on this too.

Top Bottom