Master of Myrror Expansion: The Sorcerors

Cabbit said:
@clearbeard
Just a question for my personal curiosity, if you DO update sorcerers to be more "up to date" with the new vs. of MoM, are you going to use Drift's Rally Point system, or keep the original race system? (or possibly compromise/haven't decided yet?) Anyway, if you DO update the Mod, I'll thank you in advance for having the patience to sit down and troubleshoot it, god knows I wouldn't.

My plans definitely are to update the expansion to co-incide with the final version of MoM v2.0. I have made most of all the modifications I need to update it so far. The one biggest question remaining in my mind is which race system to use, you hit it right on the head. My personal playing has actually been on WWII Global (an excellent and realistic, if huge, mod by Rocoteh), as I kind of got MoM'ed out over the last few months, so I haven't been playtesting Drift's new Rally Point system. My current leaning is to keep the old one, primarily because it complicates what to do with the Klackons, who use a similar system. I've been keeping an eye on the MoM thread, largely looking for discussion on that topic. Perhaps I need to pose the question to spark debate.

My initial intention was to wait for a new Sorcerors release until the final MoM was signed and sealed, to avoid having to make too many redundant changes if Drift further modifies things. It seems from the lack of traffic on that thread though that things are pretty stable, and not likely to change much, so I will go ahead and put together an update here to upload via FTP hopefully over the weekend or early next week. That should solve any missing file problems you all are having with incompatible versions of the mod, though I wouldn't be at all surprised to find a couple I overlook (which would be fixed as soon as they get my attention, of course).

@thepagan
In the interim, if you want to, make sure you have the latest versions of both my and Drift's programs. I did make some initial changes to The Sorcerors that I thought/hoped would make it compatible with the new graphics in MoM2.0 Beta3, so the current available files would NOT be compatible with only an install of MoM2.0 Beta2. If that doesn't work, I'd say just enjoy MoM without the Sorcerors until I can get a more complete update uploaded. :)

Happy gaming!

and you call yourself a Drawf. what a shoddy piece of ( big sip of coffee)

still having trouble, game drops out when picking wizards (no find file exit now)

down loaded mom 2 weeks ago and yours two bits ( sorcerors and patch 6)

my next move is general cleaning, defrag, delete and reload mom and yours and reinstall,

on the aside does anybody know of any good free spyware to take aout the lastest greatest about blank, ad aware and webroot spy sweeper and spybot search and destroy just aren't cuttung it.

You ended that sentence with a preposition, you fiend , jack oniel stargate sg1

Well I sort od got it working but it still can't find all the files it needs so I deleted everything, cleaned my disk (my what ever are you downloading Mr. Pagan)
and am defragging now. will try to load everthing tomorrow. looks good.

thapagan said:
Well I sort od got it working but it still can't find all the files it needs so I deleted everything, cleaned my disk (my what ever are you downloading Mr. Pagan)
and am defragging now. will try to load everthing tomorrow. looks good.

After this last try, post defrag, please post which files it seems to be missing. It is possible that there is still a bug since the latest MoM releases, and I don't want you hitting your head too hard against a problem with my program! I think I fixed everything, but I thought I had done so on the first release too, so....

I found one file that was removed from the Beta3 release of MoM and caused the game to crash when loading the Barbarian leaderhead animations. The new patch 1.0.7 fixes this, and should address the last of the fatal bugs from the conversion to beta 3. Further releases, including some new animations, are currently on hold, and likely will be until MoM 2.0 is finalized (barring discovery of other fatal errors).

@thepagan
Was this the missing file you were encountering? Zombie_Borgio_A01.flc or something similar? That has been fixed, but if it is something else, please let me know. Hope it all works now! :)

when selecting wizards to play, tomb king , suraman, or_o1 (taloc??)
and when playing if you try to talk to them, there is also a fertiltysmall file that is makig the game exit when you go to the tech tree

would it be possible for you to to put everything together into 1 file package to download

here I go again, you really gone done it now (sex pistols)

I start playing, and everthing was mostly fine (i did not open any screens , begin any negotiations, etc , then about an hour into the game
NET ART\ FLICS\OR_01 flc

by by

thapagan said:
I start playing, and everthing was mostly fine (i did not open any screens , begin any negotiations, etc , then about an hour into the game
NET ART\ FLICS\OR_01 flc

by by

I double and triple checked, and this is definately a problem from a previous version of the mod (files in a "net art" directory). Make sure you have the proper "MoM The Sorcerors.biq" file, and be aware that updates to that file do not affect existing save games (you need to start a new one, but it sounds like you have :confused: ). Note also that the file "MoM The Sorcerors Scenario.biq" contained in the original (large) download is a currently inoperable version. You need to use the one with the random map. It looks like all the issues you're having with leaderheads are related to this. I have no idea why you don't have the proper file, if you installed everything in the right order (the big file, THEN the patches), unless you're running the scenario (which has no updates). I will get a single package containing all files taken care of soon. It looks like the final MoM 2.0 may be far enough off to warrant an intermediate update on my part.

I seem to not be able to attack cities with the barbarian horde {reavers} so how do u take people out

ShockRyda said:
I seem to not be able to attack cities with the barbarian horde {reavers} so how do u take people out

You have to declare war to actually capture cities as the barbarians, though the reavers can attack unit in the field with impugnity. Be aware that the barbarians are not really balanced with the mages, and are more included as an annoyance to the others early on. They certainly are playable, and actually I'm curious to hear how your game progresses as the other mages get better units.

I just started a game with the death mage and played for a couple hours. The whole time i had no support from my cities, Wich gets to be alot of mana and the pedia says 2/4/6 all i get is 0. and then latter in the game i got a missing file error for tne warrior monk it worked before i got the expansion so what am i missing. Also you should add a building for the barbarians like the den and get wolfs and jaguars

If you got a missing file for "warrior monk", you most likely (like me, incidently), bought Conquests before you bought Play the World, therefore the bonus files included with PtW aren't in the same place as they are for people who bought PtW seperately before they bought Conquests.

I know that you can fix this by moving some files around in your civ3 art folder (and this is described somewhere earlier in the thread) another quick fix is to open up the Editor and set the Monastary NOT to produce the warrior monk unit.

still crashing " ...art civilopedia icon building fertility small" I must still be doing something wrong....

maybe next week

First, I have to say: THANK YOU for this great mod (and for the MoM original of course too, Drift ;) ). I haven't had so much fun since I played RoC for the first time; and imo MoM:Sorcerers is even more fascinating and certainly more addicting!
I'm playing a default-rules game as Kali on emperor, large world, all other settings medium. (The map is great, perhaps I'll looks up a tool to extract the random seed and make it a nice scenario with a couple of tweaks...)

But now I have a problem: Kali can't be upgraded. I got barracks and the necessary techs, while the civiliopedia says about my unit that it's a "Wizard King" that can be upgraded in "Short Game Mode". In the city screen all Kings show up as sheep, obviously the icon for wizard-kings, but not for the actual Kali/Tlaloc/Merlin etc.
If the Kings indeed can't be upgraded in non-regicide games, then I really don't understand why?! Is there a way to fix this? I've taken a closer look in the editor, only more weirdness there: Wizard King is set to upgrade to Mordhia1, Kali1 to Merlin1, and so on.

thapagan said:
still crashing " ...art civilopedia icon building fertility small" I must still be doing something wrong....

maybe next week

I don't know where that file got to in your game, no one else has reported this issue (it's part of the original MoM, should be there). In any event, here's a copy. Just pop it into your favorite art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\ folder (the one off MoM_sorc will do) and it should fix the problem. Have all the other issues you've been having been resolved?

Attachments

• fertility_small.pcx
    1.9 KB · Views: 172
karmina said:
First, I have to say: THANK YOU for this great mod (and for the MoM original of course too, Drift ;) ). I haven't had so much fun since I played RoC for the first time; and imo MoM:Sorcerers is even more fascinating and certainly more addicting!
I'm playing a default-rules game as Kali on emperor, large world, all other settings medium. (The map is great, perhaps I'll looks up a tool to extract the random seed and make it a nice scenario with a couple of tweaks...)

But now I have a problem: Kali can't be upgraded. I got barracks and the necessary techs, while the civiliopedia says about my unit that it's a "Wizard King" that can be upgraded in "Short Game Mode". In the city screen all Kings show up as sheep, obviously the icon for wizard-kings, but not for the actual Kali/Tlaloc/Merlin etc.
If the Kings indeed can't be upgraded in non-regicide games, then I really don't understand why?! Is there a way to fix this? I've taken a closer look in the editor, only more weirdness there: Wizard King is set to upgrade to Mordhia1, Kali1 to Merlin1, and so on.

Glad to hear you're enjoying my additions to Drift's mod!

As for the wizard king upgrades, they are available in non-regicide games. I've never had a problem, though I've never played Kali explicitly. As you've noted, the upgrades are cyclic through the wizards, so if one is broken then none should work. The first level wizards (Kali I, et al) require no resources or techs, so should be available to upgrade to as soon as you have a barracks (though you will lose the worker ability). What's more, that first level should be free. My only thought is if you've reached Sorcery Magic III or higher and don't have enough gold to make the upgrade, you won't be able to. I'll start up a game to try and reproduce the problem, but everything looks okay in the editor to me.

ShockRyda said:
I just started a game with the death mage and played for a couple hours. The whole time i had no support from my cities, Wich gets to be alot of mana and the pedia says 2/4/6 all i get is 0. and then latter in the game i got a missing file error for tne warrior monk it worked before i got the expansion so what am i missing. Also you should add a building for the barbarians like the den and get wolfs and jaguars

The 'pedia is outdated on the death mage support. No support from cities is an experiment to keep Death from building too many non-undead units. All of your undead are free. I'm going to add a flat 10 free support to death in the next patch to help out in the very beginning though, with the King, workers, and settlers. Continued feedback on the 0-0-0 city support for death is appreciated. I may change it back if it's too crippling.

On the warrior monk: he's annoyed me for the last time, and will get the axe in the next patch (or else have his files included in the download), replaced by some other graphic. Cabbit is correct though in that you should be able to find the warrior monk files wherever they reside on your computer and move/copy them to the MoM_sorc\art\units subdirectory, and it'll work.

An interesting idea on the barbarian den, I'll give it some thought. The jaguars would be next to useless, but the move 2 wolves might offer a benefit compared to reavers. My feeling is still largely that the barbarians aren't meant to be played, and are there more as a flavorful annoyance in the early game.

Top Bottom