Maydrock's_PBEM_1

Hello,

Ive updated to the newest patch. Ive loaded our previous turn and its played fine. ive sent it on to Klammi and asked him to test if it works for him and to post if it does.

As far as I know the games are only non compatible if the 'lock modified assets' option is checked which is common for GOTM and HOF games in single player. If this is was not checked then the save game should still work in the patched version. It apparently hasn't caused an issue in Pitboss games I'm involved in, but, please bear in mind I am no expert in technical matters.

I have got both patched and pre patched Warlords (due to current ongoing GOTM) so either way isn't a problem for me.

I just want to avoid the problems we had with the last patch, and for me the lesson learned was to not jump the gun on patches. Patch v313 fixed alot of things for BtS so I see why peeps want to upgrade; I know I already have. It is much easier to do a dual install than have to go back and reinstall everything. Another good benefit of doing dual/multiple installs is it allows older games in the HOF to be opened and you don't screw yourself with the current XOTM/Gauntlet games.

It appears Mildge has stepped on an alternate reality tile. I would like to run with this and see how it pans out. Keep passing the that turn around manually sending with a name change until it gets to me and then I will see if I can change the game name so the saves are different for auto forwarding.

As far as I know the patch only affects BTS, but not Warlords. Regarding the Firaxis Download page for Warlords, 2.13 is still the last version. The Warlords-Pitboss games I play in had no problems with the new BTS version, so I assume that Warlords did not get patched.

To verify this you should check the warlords folder after having applied the patch. The readme.htm should give valueable information about a version change. I cannot do this since I don't own BTS.

@mildge: plz resent the turn, I could not open because it was the wrong savegame.

Klammi,

The save i sent you was the same turn that i sent you a few days ago. I sent it so we could test if we are going to have problems with the new patch. What do you mean by the wrong savegame - that you have already played it or that it wont load?

Hi

It’s the normal save that is created when I end a turn so I don’t know why you cant open it unless it has something to do with the patch.

Clash_of_the_Demigods_BC-3080_to_Klammi_WITH_PATCH.CIVWARLORDSSAVE

Chris

Pretty sure I sent it on...

On the 10 I received and send on to deleatur.

If GeneralMatt is second in the turn, then it sounds as if something happened b/w Maydrock and GeneralMatt with the file (3000) sent on the 13th.

I'm extremely grateful that I have not had any problems to date with the latest patch to BtS. All is good so far. But yeah, my last turn was on the 10th (October).

Received from big_deezy
Sent off to mildge

All in the same day. Who has it now? And if there's any problems, what can we do to help whoever's holding the turn hostage? ;)

I added the section "Sequence of Play" to the OP because I always forget where I have it on my computer, maybe you guys will find it useful too.

If GeneralMatt passed it on and bigD hasn't seen it, then that points the finger at deleatur which is the only player between them. :mischief:

But if file 3000bc was sent on the 13th and the last file GM saw was on the 10th, which was 3040bc, then something happenned to 3000bc between Maydrock and General Matt. It appears the last file GeneralMatt and I saw was 3040bc on the 10th.

Top Bottom