MB4 - GOTM24 Redux [ptw]

Well, we have 3 ppl who will go with the majority, hmmm?
That probably means they are the majority.

I am not sooo keen on milking.
It just does not feel right because
1. it will prolong this competition unnecessary
2. it does not seem so fair on the other teams who are waiting for results and (let's face it) must have played better then us considering that they finished an age earlier (that I assume from the a number of comments made on this thread)
3. Will it be really worth it anyway? I mean can we win this?

How long do you think will milking take? I have no idea as I never have bothered to try.

As a member of the majority I change my vote to win now :D

Ted

You mean in 2050 AD real life, I believe... :p

As a so-far silent member of the lurkers of this thread, I beg you to spare us the milking (my roster has already been beaten in this game, so I am speaking in a selfless act of human sympathy :D )

As a member of the SG GOTM 14 roster, I beg the team to release Ted and denyd from the wear of this one, and let them play the new game with full use of their mental capabilities.
Unless, of course, you want to play dirty and unfairly sabotage our chances... ;)

as a continued lurker, I must add that this version of the game is beginning to take on the characteristis of a sequel to the 60's movie "They Shoot Horses Don't They".

I would advocate supporting you in a decision to get on with life in some way other than attempting to milk the remaining limited attention spans of the audience.

Originally posted by Karasu
Unless, of course, you want to play dirty and unfairly sabotage our chances... ;)

Now there's a thought, let me get off that fence now... but which side, eh? Errrm.... :lol:

But seriously, we have a tie ATM. Lurkers can say all they want but it's up to the team, really.

Would I be forced to choose one or the other I'd say let's try to finish ASAP.

Kind of glad RL got in the way last night.

Voting now stands:

TedJackson - win now
Shevek - win now
Denyd - will go with majority
Space - win now
DaveShack - go for the win (moo)
Barbslinger - go for the win (moo)

So it looks like go for the win now is the winner. I'll play tonight and should be about to complete the continetal conquest. I might even be able to start on the barb island. I'll be converting the GL to a ICBM for that 1 tile Shimazu island. I'll spend a little time at lunch trying to work a plan to win in the 2 turns I've got left, but I don't think it's possible. I guess I shouldn't be worrying about casualties. If I have to kill every unit and spend the last dollar rushing units we have left to take the last city that should be the goal.

Do we have any scruples left? :satan:

I thought about making peace with Korea to get their island cities before sneak attacking and taking the last continental city.

After all I plan on nuking the Han to speed the taking of their last 2 cites, what's a little sneaky underhanded move between enemies ?

I'll be starting in about 3 hours and hope to post results before the night is over.

I checked all my pockets but I must have left them on the bus :)

Ted

First the Save (sorry I forgot to ZIP it)

Then the score: 5631 in 1780 AD

Then the turn log:

Turn Log 8

Turn 0 – 1750 AD – Reset Personal Preferences – Check and 53 tiles from domination limit – Upgrade all Infantry to Mech Infantry for 540g – Battleship (2/5) kills Korean Battleship and promotes – Mech Infantry kill a BV – MA kills a BV and promotes – Move a couple of settlers to prep for next turn

IBT: Lose 1 transport & 1 MA and a couple of workers – 1 Korean MA dies attacking

Turn 1 - 1772 AD – Settlers build Combat City 1 & 2 – Pusan (with Universal Suffrage) taken loss of 2 MA killing 4 MI & 3 MA & 1 rifle – Ongjin razed with no losses killing 1 MA – Kumchon taken loss of 1 MA killing 3 MI 1 Cav & 1 Jet and the birth of GL Shibata – Kunsan taken losing 3MA killing 2 MI & 1 Cav & 1 Jet – Kuson taken with no losses killing 1 MI – Gift Kuson to Shimazu – Abandon Kaifeng – Abandon New Hikone – Abandon New Moriyama-ku – Abandon Imbari – Abandon New Kufu – Now 42 tiles from domination

IBT: Korean battleship loses to our battleship (2/4) – 6 MA land by Ningpo (we’re about to gift it to Han surprise!!) – MA Army ejected from Han Land – Han take Kuson from Shimazu

Turn 2 – 1774 AD – Settler builds Combat City 3 – Yondak captured with no losses killing 4 MI & 2 MA & 1 Cav & 1 Jet – Chongju taken losing 3 MA killing 4 MI & 2 MA & 1 Rifle & 1 Hwacha – Yoso razed losing 1 MA killing 2 MI – Gift Ningpo to Shimazu – Abandon Nanking (and Manhattan Project) – We steal Satellites from Han – Now 52 tiles under domination

IBT: Lose a MA to counterattack – 5 workers taken – Shanghai ransacked for 15g by barbs – Korea retakes Kuson from Han

Turn 3 – 1776 AD – Settlers found Combat city 4 & 5 – Chonan taken losing 1 MA killing 3 MI & 1 Jet – Mokpo razed with no losses killing 2 MI – Kwangju taken with no losses killing 2 MI – Taejon taken killing 2 MI & 1 Guerilla with no losses – Abandon Wonsan – Abandon Azuchi 2 – Abandon Ichinomoya – Abandon Kangyang – Now 58 tiles under domination – Steal Nuclear Power from Korea

IBT: Lose 1 MA & 1 MI to Korea counterattack

Turn 4 – 1778 AD – - Give Space Flight to Shimazu for 207g + alliance vs Korea – Take Seoul (with Great Wall) with no losses 4 MI + 1 Marine + 1 Hwacha + 1 Jet – Rush a couple for presents for the Han

IBT: A Korean MA dies attacking Yondak

Turn 5 – 1780 AD – Puhang (with Colossus) take for loss of 1 cavalry killing 5 MI + 2 Cavalry + 1 Riflemen – Pyongyang now glows in the dark :nuke: – Pyongyang taken with no losses – Peace with Korea for 279g + Kuson + WM – declare war on the Han – Macao & Nampo have joined the glow in the dark club :nuke: – Nampo taken with no losses – Macao taken with no losses and The Han are gone – Macao abandoned – Chinan abandoned – 33 tiles from domination – There are 2 N-Subs with T-Nukes in route to the Shimazu locations and a just rushed T-nuke for the last remaining Korean city – there is a transport of 8-MA for barb island and a transport with 2-Marines for the Shimazu capital (hope its enough)

Enjoy, you probably won’t get your full 5 turns

I'll check back tomorrow for the file result

Have fun, Space.

Where is the save??

Goals:
Win in as few turns as possible.

Pre-turn:
We have peace so it's easy to position our troops before the final strike, the gifted city is the perfect beachhead.
Take the time to MM for perfect happiness.
Hurry a few extra Marines and a transport, no need to save money.

IT
All cities who produce are switched to wealth.

1782AD - turn 1
Mapstat gives 27 tiles to limit.
Switch build in Kuson to Airport and rush it.
Settler next to the barb island to have Korea's last city within reach of our new tactical nuke.
Move more troops, hurry aqueducts and markets, clear pollution.
Check mapstat, ok.

IT
Zzz

1784AD - turn 2
Move a tactical nuke into a city withinh reach of the 1 tile island.
Three more nukes are ready for the two other cities, it'll go down next turn. :nuke:
I know it's daft but I'm feeling sorry for the AI!
I position troops on the barb island on Korean turf, there city is 1 tile too far away.

IT
Korea wants us out, we declare war!

1786AD - turn 3
We drop 1 bomb on Korea's last city. The Elite unit spawns very fittingly a leader. He gets dubbed "the last hero".
Declare Shimazu and drop a bomb on Nagasaki... (! :( )
Nagasaki has only a transport left and our marine walks in.
Drop a bomb on Ningpo, Shimazu have no units left and our army destroys the last city.

Our foreign advisor tells us to...

Congratulations on choosing and executing an honorable finish, Space and Team-PTW. :goodjob:

Final scores (unofficial)

• Team PTW: 6198 at 1788 AD

Team A: 7594 at 1715 AD

Team B: 7840 at 1585 AD
Thanks everyone for a very exciting game. We must do it again sometime ;) :wavey:

Top Bottom