MB4 - GOTM24 Redux [ptw]

My plan was to take one of the barb island cities and gift it to the Han and gift our other on to Shimazu, then kill the other Han cities and the one tile island Shimazu and keep the 3 of them as pets on the ex-barb island. :D

After the Korean mainland has been razed and the Han are isolated, turn all the workers to auto irrigate, sell all the libraries & universities, turn on the governors and set the cities to wealth and lux slider to 50%. It'll be pretty much hit the return key for 10 turns then pass to the next player. That's not too painful for a cheap win. Remember there all line drives in the box score (American baseball reference).

That sounds a lot my my playpen challenge game I wanted to do a while back and one I am currently working on. You have to get all the civs to one city that all next to each other and then babysit them while the warriors and spearmen play with each other in the "playpen". The hitch is you can't let any civ conquer another. Every now and again give them some money to rush units or "toys" to play with but as the babysitter you have to make sure neither civ is eliminated. Sounds like a plan. Group them together and it will give us something to play with while milking. Just be sure to have a few MA there to babysit.

Originally posted by Peanut
Milking eh ? Tsk tsk tsk ...The Lurking Leguminosae is watching you ...

Never mind, Peanut. By the time this lot get through another 200 turns at ten turns per week we'll all have forgotten they were here, and so, probably, will they!

Alan, are you saying this is going to go the way of Sul5b? :eek:

Edit - See this thread. It started on Oct 13, 2002.

Not being a regular around here, I don't recognise the reference :confused:

Captain, there be spammers on on our thread :)

Pre-turn complete - all set to take a couple (3-4) Korean cities tonight. I noticed we've got some builds that won't complete for 90+ turns (Ted will have been born by then :D !!). I left them there in case milking is the way to go.

With luck I'll be able to post results tonight.

I spent lunch time today plotting out an attack strategy using the CRPrings program (no game access at work) and think that:
1. If the roads are there
2. I get average RNG
3. No surprises (Korean nukes)

That I will be able to take all of the continental Korean cites in my five turns tonight.

The Plan:

Turn 0: Move Settler/MI defenders to the Red X

Turn 1: Found cities on red X
Using rails move artillery to redline defenders in Pusan, Kumchan & Seoul
Take those cities with MA
Move settlers to blue X

Repeat process for orange, green & pink (turns 2,3,4)

I should be able to take one of the Korean cities on Barb island and gift it to the Shimazu and gift the other to the Han.

On turn 5 I'll take the last 2 continental Han cities and (if the transport is there in time the Shimazu 1 tile capital

That would leave the one island to watch over if milking is the way to go.

If this all works, I'm thinking of revolting to Democracy before turn 5, any objections. I'm also thinking of turning reseach back on once the Korea demise is assured. I probably will abandon souther Han and newly acquired Korean cities to stay under the domination limit. I will keep the wonder citiies however. If I manage to get a GL I'm thinking about a palace move to either Canton or Edo.

Wish me luck

The end is in sight (if we want it).

[dance] [party] :jump: :mwaha: :band:

Please... :D

Ted

Originally posted by a space oddity
We need to decide whether we want to milk or not. I'm decisively on the fence... Can we conclude that you're against milking Ted?
I suspect that if anyone tries milking Ted they will get a sharp clip around the ear in very short order. I would do the same to any impertinent young thing who suddenly had a hankering for Peanut milk.

... sorry - I couldn't resist ...

It IS a competition, no? What ever it take sto win is my vote. Heh-Heh-Heh. The Jason scoring systems takes that into account too does it not? Perhaps we would still lose.

I'm afraid that I find the idea of 'milking' anyone or anything rather tedious but as I've never attempted it before I'll go with the majority.

Now if I could just get this fence post out of my..........

Ted

End of turn 1 (2 1/2 hours later)

Turn 1 – Settlers build Combat City 1 & 2 – Pusan (with Universal Suffrage) taken loss of 2 MA killing 4 MI & 3 MA & 1 rifle – Ongjin razed with no losses killing 1 MA – Kumchon taken loss of 1 MA killing 3 MI 1 Cav & 1 Jet and the birth of GL Shibata – Kunsan taken losing 3MA killing 2 MI & 1 Cav & 1 Jet – Kuson taken with no losses killing 1 MI – Gift Kuson to Shimazu

I'll continue after dinner

The next 2 turns:

Turn 2 – 1774 AD – Settler builds Combat City 3 – Yondak captured with no losses killing 4 MI & 2 MA & 1 Cav & 1 Jet – Chongju taken losing 3 MA killing 4 MI & 2 MA & 1 Rifle & 1 Hwacha – Yoso razed losing 1 MA killing 2 MI – Gift Ningpo to Shimazu – Abandon Nanking (and Manhattan Project) – We steal Satellites from Han – Now 52 tiles under domination

IBT: Lose a MA to counterattack – 5 workers taken – Shanghai ransacked for 15g by barbs – Korea retakes Kuson from Han

Turn 3 – 1776 AD – Settlers found Combat city 4 & 5 – Chonan taken losing 1 MA killing 3 MI & 1 Jet – Mokpo razed with no losses killing 2 MI – Kwangju taken with no losses killing 2 MI – Taejon taken killing 2 MI & 1 Guerilla with no losses – Abandon Wonsan – Abandon Azuchi 2 – Abandon Ichinomoya – Abandon Kangyang – Now 58 tiles under domination – Steal Nuclear Power from Korea

IBT: Lose 1 MA & 1 MI to Korea counterattack

I've got 90 artillery about to shell Seoul and a n-sub with t-nuke approaching. I might get Korea off the continent in turn 4.l Turn 5 for sure and the Han will go at the same time. I'll probably have to finish off the Han as they've lost their seat on Barb Island.

I 'll finish up my 5 tomorrow night.

Well it's time for a vote:

TedJackson - will go with majority
Shevek
Denyd - will go with majority
Space - will go with majority
DaveShack
Barbslinger - go for the win (moo)

If we're going to milk, I'll use the GL to move the palace to the middle of old Korea to boost production in the empire. If not, I'll use him to rush a little present for Macao (think glow in the dark). With luck I'll finish off the Han and continental Korea in turn 4. I've got a transport on the way to barb island and one off shore of the Shimazu island. If I rush a couple ICBMs, I'll be able to nuke both locations and end the game in turn 5.

I thought I might have cost an earlier finish by being cute a gifting away that city on Barb Island until Korea landed 8 MA. My 5 units never could have held all 3 cities.

I'll be starting in about 12 hours from now (9pm PST), so let me know by then.

Just for those visual people out there (and the lurkers)

Here is what's left of Korea:

Here's the situation on Barb Island:

And here's a wide shot of the remaining Han empire

Milking it a little sounds OK, but let's keep track of the score per turn line and project it out, and use the Jason calculator to see if it is even mathematically possible to win. If not, we can aim for a flashy ending. :nuke:

Top Bottom