Medieval European Mod II

anyone still around? whenever I start a game it crashes as soon as I try to build my capital. no error message, just straight back to my desktop

Hello guys,
Can anybody help me?
I am a fan of Civilization III. I want to play Medieval European Mod with Novgorod tribe. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a functioning link for downloading (
Thanks

Hello guys,
Can anybody help me?
I am a fan of Civilization III. I want to play Medieval European Mod with Novgorod tribe. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a functioning link for downloading (
Thanks

I have, quite genuinely, scoured the world looking for this one, but all links seem to point to the now long defunct atomic gamer site :undecide: ...

P.S. I just found it at a Russian site - https://cloud.mail.ru/public/54w4/aaKjXQpd6 - maybe @Laurana Kanan could vet this, lest I inadvertently unleash a Russian Botnet Horde up the world.

:thanx:

Last edited:
Upon re-reading, I think I understand and guys: I gotcho back

This should contain everything up-to-date as far as I'm aware (v1.3 ) including all the scenarios EXCEPT the Alternate Terrain Pack (I've put in the new Extras folder) which doesn't seem to include most of Kyriakos' cities - though the link for that file seperately might still work.

I hope the link works, but even if it does, it might only be a temporary measure - where is good to upload big files these days?

Hi guys, the mod is awesome, but i have a problem. After ca. 50 turns the game crashes! I see: "The game will now exit" without any further informations and it exit to desktop. I've played 11th Century, 13th Century and Small Europe map with Polish civilization and in every case was the same. I've downloaded mod from russian link posted on this forum. Can anyone help me? Maybe my RAM is too small?

Hi guys, the mod is awesome, but i have a problem. After ca. 50 turns the game crashes! I see: "The game will now exit" without any further informations and it exit to desktop. I've played 11th Century, 13th Century and Small Europe map with Polish civilization and in every case was the same. I've downloaded mod from russian link posted on this forum. Can anyone help me? Maybe my RAM is too small?

Since you are getting a message, I don't think it can be a ram issue (that would just cause the game to ctd without any message).
Most likely the mod file you are using is missing some unit or pedia text or similar, and so the problem will be fixed if you dl it from somewhere (?) that doesn't have this issue.

That said, it may be something else - iirc if a unit file is missing, the game will stop immediately and show a message before ctd.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220620-212641.jpg
    Screenshot_20220620-212641.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 119
Every time i plop down a capitol the game crashes. At first i thought maybe I'd done something wrong- had something in the wrong folder, had an incomplete download- so i re downloaded the mod (from the link provided by Virote_Considon) and uninstalled and reinstalled Civ III Complete (I'm running the steam version). All of the biqs load fine, I can run every scenario. The problem only seems to happen when running one of the scenarios that have no starting cities, like the regular MEM.biq. Units will move around, mod runs fine, but the second I try to found a city- boom. Crash to desktop. It feels like maybe there are some necessary entries to the Civilopedia that may be missing?

Also, after unzipping the files i found this one still zipped in one of the files under the MEM folder. I'm not sure if thats supposed to be there?

Anyway, I lack the technical skills to figure out whats going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    38.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    33.3 KB · Views: 97
Top Bottom