Medieval European Mod II

EDIT:

nevermind, this post is wrong

---

Isn't it kind of silly that ecclesiocracy are not allowed to research AT ALL except for the minimum, so everything takes like 50 turns to research no matter where you put the slider?

Wouldn't it make more sense to force the slider to not be able to go near max?

I tried playing Papacy and Teutonic Order and it just seems kind of so bad how are you supposed to even play as that government? Beat people up for technologies?

I wonder how easy it would be to mod this

Last edited:
EDIT:

nevermind, this post was wrong

---

Sultanate, Ecclesiacisy, and Hierocracy all seem to not be allowed to research, and the lowest they can put their slider is 30%, highest is 70%

everything takes same amount of turns (50 turns, 45 turns) no matter where sliders are

is this normal?

Last edited:
Ok new question. In the 13th century Scenario, everyone has 50 turns for each technology. Essentially, no point putting it past 30% investment minimum. Is this normal? I would understand that it makes the game last for more fair amount of time without going to end technology so quickly perhaps?

or is it a bug?

I assumed it was only for ecclesioacry because I was playing Papacy and never could get past this, and noticed AI getting 6-7 more techs than me and I am unable to do anything at all

Ok new question. In the 13th century Scenario, everyone has 50 turns for each technology. Essentially, no point putting it past 30% investment minimum. Is this normal? I would understand that it makes the game last for more fair amount of time without going to end technology so quickly perhaps?

or is it a bug?

I assumed it was only for ecclesioacry because I was playing Papacy and never could get past this, and noticed AI getting 6-7 more techs than me and I am unable to do anything at all

I played as Novgorod and was able to put research cost at 10%, but can't remember if it was possible from the very start.

Easily one of my faves! :goodjob:

I know there's a million other members who probably already had their say, but I figured the majority of the recent posts seems to be mainly about bugs or the disappeared link, so here's the compliment!

Had a bit problem running it on a new copy of Steam's C3C, but it seems to work fine now. Back to the good old days of vassalizing hapless AIs! :lol:

Downloaded the files and installed. When I tried to launch the game, I received the following message: Error reading file = "text\PediaIcons.txt" in ICON_BLDG-GW_Kingdom_of_England
How do I fix this? Thanks

Downloaded the files and installed. When I tried to launch the game, I received the following message: Error reading file = "text\PediaIcons.txt" in ICON_BLDG-GW_Kingdom_of_England
How do I fix this? Thanks

I had the same issue and I found that the folder with the files where at wrong place.
Please make sure that:

Folder Scenarios has the MEM folder as installed according to the instruction.
The .biq file at same folder but outside the MEM folder.

After that load again the game and choose what you would like to play.
For me it worked!

Cheers

Does anyone play this game nowadays? Let alone this mod? :) I have unfortunately lost all the mods that I have downloaded years ago.

The download link is not worknig unfortunately. Do you know if there's a chance to still get this mod?

The "Download Now" is a link to an external site which masquerades itself as a button :) Nevermind, I didn't check your previous message that's true and that link brings up some goodies. Thanks!

Hi, I've just downloaded the mod, and am having issues with labelling. The main mod is fine but the 11th and 13C scenarios have incorrect text in places. I have added the 'Unknown' line to the labels file of the main mod, but these two scenarios are still unfixed. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Has anyone else had issues with the 11th and 13th Century scenarios working? Immediately as I try and start the game it just won't load and crashes. All other MeM scenarios work fine so was wondering if anyone else has encountered it? I notice as the game is trying to start the text lines are all out of wack so maybe that is an issue? I have the 1.3 patch installed and added the Unkown line of text as well which works for the rest of the MeM scenarios. Any insights would be hugely helpful!

Hello.

Same problem as the 2 others. The 11th and 13th centuries scenarios are crashing when im reaching 80 porcent of the load.

Help please, this mod is very cool and give a very new possibility to the game. Thoses 2 scenarios look's so interesting to play :(

Hello.

Same problem as the 2 others. The 11th and 13th centuries scenarios are crashing when im reaching 80 porcent of the load.

Help please, this mod is very cool and give a very new possibility to the game. Thoses 2 scenarios look's so interesting to play :(

Xalarak, welcome at CFC. :band:[party]

With the current download at CFC you should have all files needed for even playing both 11th and 13th century scenarios, too - but the downloaded files are not ready to play these scenarios.

A. The adding of the line "Unknown" to the labels text file between the lines PING and host is only needed if you have the ####! steam version of Civ 3 Complete. All labels text files of MEM and these both scenarios use the proper format of the labels text file (as it is used in the GOG version of Civ 3 Complete, too).

B. These are the steps I have done to make both scenarios playable.

When downloading MEM II, you receive the following files:

MEM-Installation.jpg

1. Install mem-1.0 zip
2. Now install the mem-1.3-update zip into the installed mem-1.0 folder. Let the 1.3 update overwrite all old files of mem-1.0 (text and art) as it is an update.

Among other additions the MEM textfolder now has the two additional sub-textfolders 11c2 and 13c:

Textfolder-Update.jpg

Each of those two folders contains different labels and script textfiles. This is the reason why some civers have problems with the scenario texts, even when not using the ###! steam version. If you have the ###! steam version, you must additionally do these adjustments, too.

Different Labels and script texts.jpg

3. Now install the scenario biqs and you should be able to play both scenarios, at least for me it is working this way. The loading time for the 11th century scenario is long and the loading time for the 13th century scenario is even longer, so you need some patience when the game is loading these scenarios.

Top Bottom