1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Meet the Civs - A Guide to Civ6 Civilizations (Updated 2/10/19)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Brutus2, Aug 9, 2016.

1. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Warlord

Of course you could ignore the leader portrait list, that's your right to believe it or not. But so far it was so reliable source of information what you can't expect the majority of players to follow you here.

2. Amightymuffin

Amightymuffin Chieftain

true enough :D guess we will just have to wait and see what gets shown

3. Miravlix

Miravlix Chieftain

I still find it silly that some people can't tell the difference between confirmed and highly likely and I find it very off putting how aggressively some people feel they need to fight for their pet possibility, to the point they will go after people for having different opinions, even if their view could be right.

4. True_Candyman

True_Candyman Chieftain

I think it tends to be exaggeration for effect. Then irritation when people play the nitpicking devils advocate :p Everyone loves a good argument on a forum after all :goodjob:

5. dturtle1

dturtle1 Chieftain

Monty is gonna be freaking scary on "Continent" maps if he gets a couple of weak neighbours, Or imagine the player starts on one end of a Pangea map and Monty starts on the other. Player turtles a bit playing Tall and the next thing he knows Monty is rocking up with a "A Billion" luxury resources under his belt :eek:

Really like wide ICS for Germany. Free Imperial Cities is really powerful for short cities, not so much for tall. There are quite a few Military policies that dont necessarily need a Military Focus to be effective. Things like Logistics, Retainers, cheaper unit upkeep etc. Production is so useful it really is a quite flexible Civ.

Can't believe how diverse the Civ's are this time around, i wanna play em all.
    Man i dont think i have been this pumped for game since D3....dont let me down Firaxis :trouble:...(just kidding :))

6. Brutus2

Brutus2 Chieftain

Updated 9/3 for Mvemba a Nzinga of Kongo

7. homan1983

homan1983 Chieftain

Kongo agenda is he likes civs that spread religion to him.

His bonus to artists and merchants comes in the form of a 100% bonus currently.

8. Brutus2

Brutus2 Chieftain

Awesome, can you point me to where you saw this? Any word on how or when he starts generating the GPP points?

9. homan1983

homan1983 Chieftain

https://youtu.be/fpthDOH__vE?t=2m37s

Regarding when/how he generates the GPP points, I'm gonna assume the same way and time as anyone else, just he gets a +100% bonus when generating the points.

10. Brutus2

Brutus2 Chieftain

Wow. So all sources of Artist or Merchant points are doubled? That's a pretty big bonus.

11. homan1983

homan1983 Chieftain

Yes it's powerful. Especially since the great artist works give +2food/production +4gold extra to the city.

But as was mentioned in the vid, since Kongo has no faith generation district, he can't buy great people with faith, he depends more on gold to rush buy them.

Also civs with half price districts, kinda get double the GPP as well by sheer fact of having double the number of districts.

It's certainly an interesting and syngergistic bonus though!

12. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Warlord

Compare this to other civs buying any great person with faith, for which Kongo have very few sources. It's not that big, just compensates Kongo weakness.

13. Brutus2

Brutus2 Chieftain

Updated 9/7 - Harald Hardrada of Norway

14. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

"Knarr" is Norway's unique ability name, per the Religion Livestream Firaxis is doing.

15. Zodan_Mir

Zodan_Mir Chieftain

Considering the Spartans wanted nothing to do with the Greeks after the Persian wars, why do people think Gorgo will lead Greece?

I'm betting Sparta will be a one-city challenge like Civ that can only expand through conquest. :)

16. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Chieftain

People think she will lead Greece because the leader board is arranged alphabetically by Civ name and she is in the Gs rather than a spot where "Sparta" would fit

17. Zodan_Mir

Zodan_Mir Chieftain

The leader board? :confused:

18. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

Sparta is a Greek city.

19. Zodan_Mir

Zodan_Mir Chieftain

By "Greek" I mean Athenian led Greece (which is the obvious assumption if Pericles is the Athenian/Greek leader). I just see a clear Peloponnesian War theme in Civ VI.

20. Josephias

Josephias Chieftain

You probably missed this thread.

It's a shame, probably because of this you may have not heard anytime of mighty Tamar of Georgia. :D