Meet the Civs - A Guide to Civ6 Civilizations (Updated 2/10/19)

Thanks for your work. I come back to this thread again and again.
Concerning the Ziggurat: a Twitter by Firaxis revealed that it always produces science. Additional cultural comes with the adjacency to a river. The way it was first said (and that you have written down here) is misleading.

Thanks for your work. I come back to this thread again and again.
Concerning the Ziggurat: a Twitter by Firaxis revealed that it always produces science. Additional cultural comes with the adjacency to a river. The way it was first said (and that you have written down here) is misleading.

Thank you. I agree the wording in the video was confusing so I decided to go with a direct quote until we got clarification but I did not see that tweet. Thanks for letting me know. I have updated the info.

Updated 9/28 - Saladin of Arabia

It figures my computer dies the week they release two FL videos and just weeks before the game releases. It's not easy trying to update this from my phone :)

Why is England the only civ to get 2 UU?

I believe it is because boats and airplains are not yet as strong as other units in civ.

So England has one boat
Norway two boats
America one airplane

But this opens the game four double things, for portugal, for instance, makes sense to have two unique improvements, Padrao and Feitoria. Since, for the time of discoveries, Nau was "the boat".

I believe it is because boats and airplains are not yet as strong as other units in civ.

So England has one boat
Norway two boats
America one airplane

But this opens the game four double things, for portugal, for instance, makes sense to have two unique improvements, Padrao and Feitoria. Since, for the time of discoveries, Nau was "the boat".

Technically the civs only have 1 UU (England boat, America plane, Norway melee unit)

But their leaders also have a UU (Victoria Redcoat, Roosevelt Rough Rider, Hadrada boat)

I actually doubt Gorgo will have a UU... I can't think of a Spartan unique unit.... I can think of a number of military boosting Unique abilities that Sparta might have.

Technically the civs only have 1 UU (England boat, America plane, Norway melee unit)

But their leaders also have a UU (Victoria Redcoat, Roosevelt Rough Rider, Hadrada boat)

I actually doubt Gorgo will have a UU... I can't think of a Spartan unique unit.... I can think of a number of military boosting Unique abilities that Sparta might have.

Yes, but a way to compensate the lack of power of boats and planes, because even being leader´s unit, you have it at same all game right?

For that reasons, I also doubt Gorgo have one, unless they substitute the unit, that for me is more likely to happen.

Updated 10/2 - Switching to the new forum caused a lot of formatting issues. I think I have everything corrected but if you notice any odd text or formatting issues please let me know. Also, made some minor changes to some descriptions for clarity.

Updated 10/8
  • Updates to all civilizations based on information from latest build videos - lots of new stuff!
  • Merged info for "Leader Unique Units" into "Leader Bonus" section to avoid confusion about why some civilizations seemed to have an extra bonus
  • Please note - All information is taken from in-game video of the latest build however I have noticed conflicting information between main menu tooltips, leader load screens and Civlopedia entries so any of this could still be changing even if verified from in-game info
  • "Strategy" sections still need a major re-write

Greece
Strategy:
[...] The increased culture generated will also accelerate the accumulation of envoys to further invest in more city states.
Does culture increase generation of envoys? Or is it only greek bonus? I haven't noticed anything like that in quill's Greece playthorugh, can you confirm on this bonus?

He was referencing the fact that certain cultural techs award envoy's when you tech them. So greater the culture gain the quicker these come along.

Does culture increase generation of envoys? Or is it only greek bonus? I haven't noticed anything like that in quill's Greece playthorugh, can you confirm on this bonus?

The information on each civs bonuses is accurate and up to date.

Edit: I have begun re-writing the strategy sections including Greece. For now it's more of a summary / first impression but once the game is released I hope to add more detailed strategies and suggested policy, religion, wonders, etc.

Last edited:
He was referencing the fact that certain cultural techs award envoy's when you tech them. So greater the culture gain the quicker these come along.

Not just that, more culture means getting to higher tier governments faster which give more envoy points per turn.

The aztec eagle warrior ability works against city states, right?

Top Bottom