1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mega Story II: The Unfreezing Prethread

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by cypher132, Jan 30, 2010.

1. lemonjelly

lemonjelly Modding For Ethne

Right, so, I'm going to fill in a character profile. So I can focus my ideas. Feel free to use this form if you want :D

Name: Ethessa Calwanelli
    Race: Human
    Civilization: Elohim
    Family Background: Father was a Amurite Archmage, Mother was a Elohim High Priestess
    Skills: (Out Of 250)
    Magic

Divinity
    Spheres:
    Spirit
    Fire
    Life
    Sun
    Short Bio:
    Ethessa was born on the one day in 50 years that had sun. The council elders decreed that this child was blessed. This was just before the end of the Ice Age, but they didn't know that. She was tutored by the whole tribe, and lived in the Cavern Lacunus, right under the arcane influence of the Lacunus Gem. She only saw her father once, he visited her, using his arcane energies to melt the massive dunes of snow that seperated the Amurites and Elohim. He used his own life-force to power his magic, and when he stumbled into the Cavern Lacunus, and he set eyes on his young daughter, about fourteen summers old by then, he collapsed.

He awoke under the Lacunus Gem, exausted but just alive. His daughter came to visit him, and she held him while he passed over. He looked up at her, and whispered some words in the Amurite language, a ribbon of light wound its way around the young Ethessa, and she watched over his spirit as the angels came down to collect it.

She grew up, living and praying with her mother, and studying the Arcane Arts with the mages. Some say she is blessed by Sirona, others say her father is watching over her still, all we know is that she is gifted in the Divine and Arcane arts, and has the ability to befriend almost everybody she meets.

2. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

I would like to see the bigger map ... could you send it to me in PM at least? although if u post it here im sure others would have interest in it. For instance, the area around the Mazatl, Sidar, and Illians/Balseraph is some-what circumspect.

Is the Illian Homeland (and Letum Frigus) on a towering inland Platau? And if so, is the body of water between Illians and Balseraph a great highland lake miles above the sea level??? or .... and if thats the case then shouldn't the Balseraph side of the lake also be at high elevation, potentially either snowy or blocked off by mountains, with a shallow hilly lead in in order to represent rapidly increased elevation. Again, just a thought, and im sure that by seing a more detailed version of the map I can see how the terrain could more easily fall into a topographical interconnected pattern, perhaps in a way I am not currently seeing.

For instance, it could be that only the start of the lake is at high elevation in consistence with the Ice Plateau, and then a pure mountain-coast would represent a series of waterfalls or generic drop in elevation over time, where we then see the balseraph lakeside.

In this case however, I would recommend ending the Ice plateau lake with a couple tundra hills, and then connecting a river between the high-elevation lake and the low elevation lake, as well as possibly adding a couple ice-bergs to the Ice-lake/ High elevation Lake.

3. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Character Profile

Name: Alexander Uriel
    Race: Hippus
    Family Background: Descended from King Alexander on his father's side, still considered a "noble" by some of the older traditionalist circles.
    Skills: (out of 250)

adventuring- 50
    commanding/warfare- 100 (commanding armies/followers)-strategy
    warfare/combat- 50 (battlefield tactics and combat prowess)-tactical
    evasion- 30 (subterfuge,ambushes,withdrawals,hiding)
    luck- 20

Short Bio: Young Uriel was a troublesome boy ... many times running from his parents in the market to hide in the stalls or adventure in the streets. As he got somewhat older he was known for often sneaking off into the wilderness and playing daring games of anger the bear or catch the fox. He would rope other young boys into his games, and one time they managed to single out and kill a deer using only scary masks, pointed sticks, and Uriel's own prior reconnaissance. In public, however, when he wasn't off adventuring or organizing a game, he was rather Stoic. Silently observing while the internal wheels were spinning. His mother had died shortly after childbirth, and his father was one of the clan leaders, often carried away with his own activities.

//I need to cooperate with the leader of the Hippus nation, however Uriel was borne shortly after the capital city of the Hippus was re-constructed. Also hopefully the HIppus leader will name the capital Aletheriol-ta-Tasunke or Aletheriol-ta-ALexander to represent that its a tomb of an important figure, and that while Melathiel was Kylorin's favorite during the Age of Ice, the Hippus have moved on with their cultural heritage.They could still construct a shrine of Melathiel however. ALso, I need to ask him wether Uriel's father is Merchant/Mafia, or Polititian/Commander. Either way he is influential and almost always distant from Uriel in his own affairs.

4. Asthix

Asthix Prognosticator

Wow. I guess I should've checked this thread on Tuesday...
    So I know that the Luchirp are enslaved by the Khazad. I'm assuming underground? I don't read impossibly long threads like Mazera1 so I don't how to fit the Luchirp into Mazera2. Still want to participate but I guess Luchirp are so unpopular it even rubs off on those who associate with them!:lol:

Edit:I PMed Cypher 132 about their backstory but am awaiting response. I must say I am dismayed at 'Mazera Pt II' instead of something new.

5. lemonjelly

I'll post a link to it so you don't have to download the image every time you check this thread. And, I think there is a waterfall right at the edge of the 'bulge' on the lake, all the rest is high up.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2sacmlg.jpg
    It got shrinked to 1600x1600, so it still isn't maximum resolution, but its better.

6. lemonjelly

Asthix, the Ljosalfar were destroyed in MSI as well. By the time I joined, the Luchuirp were dead and the Khazad were going the same way. I can't remember why, but if you want to take them, please do :) I'm sure they aren't unpopular, they were just in the way, but, I can't be 100% because I forget xD

7. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

The Luchuirp were very much alive in the original, however the Khazad had all but vanished under the ground.

Can the leader of the Hippus post here so I can correspond with him?

8. Opera

Opera Chieftain

What's with the skills? Should we create them or what?

9. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Yes, create them.

I Suggest they should include ...

Warfare/strategy (Commanding skill)
    Warfare/tactical (combat skill)
    Subterfuge/rural (evasion)
    Subterfuge/urban (true assasin creed-style stealth)
    Royal Luck
    Divine Luck
    Adventurer's Luck
    Magic
    Divinity
    Adventure
    Diplomacy/polite
    Diplomacy/intimidation
    Mercantile
    Artistic Creativity (bard)
    Situational Creativity (rogue/adventurer)
    Deception/warfare (misdirection of units)
    Deception/diplomatic (misdirection of words)

we could have a seperate line of Attributes, but this would be only a descriptor in the Canvas our Hero uses to paint his skills.
    Aka: Skill Warfare Tactical 150, Attribute Archer = Gilden Silveric

Attribute would be What type of weapon they can use, what religion they are, that sort of thing ... call it a Class if you will, however its not to define an archetype only to name their Canvas. an attribute could also include a significant fact about the person, like Magic Resistant, Magic Immune, or Dragon Slaying even.

10. cypher132

cypher132 Chieftain

I was unaware of them having skills.

11. Asthix

Asthix Prognosticator

Ok, I'm Luchirp. Results forthcoming. Nice Antia story. I also liked ArciticNightWolf's intro. I like stylized things.

Edit: Khazad leader is Jarent Morarr. Got it.

Edit 2: Luchirp leader: Jessop Hammerhead
    Stats: um, strong.

12. cypher132

cypher132 Chieftain

Just to note/brag about the Antia story, it's an anagram of my friend Tiana. Even better, that story got me in her pants. As I said. Cypher H. 132.

13. Kaw

Kaw Chieftain

I'm here. If you can, it would probably be much easier to reach me through the Erebus IRC

14. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

For the time being, I'll be "playing" as Boryn, a former priest of winter who seeks revenge for Auric's death.

Don't feel like filling out a character form, but here's information on him available in the short story I just posted in a more summarized form:

Spoiler :
    Boryn was an initiate to the White Hand, a disciple who would soon become a Priest of Winter, during the Second Ice Age. He was given the name Boryn, in honor of a summoner in the Age of Rebirth who summoned an Aquilan (a great beast of Ice) under Auric's control. During the struggle between Auric and the spirit, he completed his initiation and emerged as the youngest Priest of Winter just before the end.

Then, Auric fell, and his priests died. Their minds burned, and they died. They screamed of burning heat in their last moments, but did not physically appear to be burning. It was all in their minds. This was a well-documented symptom after Mulcarn died, and it happened again during Auric's death.

But Boryn was not killed. He felt no burning sensation and seemed fine. The Illians, uncertain of why, exiled him in fear, but Boryn believes he knows why he was spared. He was chosen, maybe by Auric, planning for his downfall, or maybe by someone or something else, to seek revenge for Auric's downfall. To be a fail-safe device.

He intends to travel Mazera as a scholar, in theory studying ice magic as a curiosity, but in reality trying to see if there is anything left he can use. To see how he can fulfill his mission.

The story I've posted also talks a little about Illian history and what happened to them during Auric's death. I don't actually own a civ at present, but I decided to post all this since I did own them in Mazera 1.

15. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

if we're using tasunke's design and so on.
    Is this for our leader or just a character for stories not having to do with the nation at large?
    Character Profile

Name: Lawrence
    Race: Malakim
    Family Background: nothing of import; distant relation to Varn but its very, very distant.
    Skills: (out of 250)

Situational Creativity (good when put on the spot, thinks fast and well)- 50
    Divinity (Lugus)- 100
    Evasion (guerrilla warfare stuff)- 60
    Luck- 40

Lawrence was a proud member of the Subay tribe, who were on the verge of losing their place as the most prominent tribe among the remnants of the Malakim. The up and coming Maki tribe was aggressively making alliances and taking valuable farmland from the Subay. He was chosen to head to the Mirror of Heaven for guidance. Spending a week in fasting led him to revelation, when he was visited by a messenger. The messenger gave him knowledge of the god Lugus, and made him into his Prophet. His mission was simple, spread the good word as far as possible. He returned to his people and was effectively leader in a year. People flocked to him over the next few years as miracle after miracle was performed in Lugus's name. The Malakim were almost entirely united in under a decade, the first time since Varn's death centuries before.

16. BorderWolf

BorderWolf Chieftain

Name: Nahana the Silver
    Race: Wildmen
    Civilization: Doviello
    Family Background: Grandmother of Mahala, mother of the Wolf Lady of the Border Ice

Short bio: Nahana was born in a spartan like society similar to that of the mythical Amazon women. She was raised fierce and she took many pelts before she was taught the sacred rites of breeding. She learned to love and nurture and took to motherhood as she had to winning fights. But she lost interest in keeping her warlord status and became a mother of many.

She developed a way to speak with the wolf kin and to cooperate with them. Never to command, for any disciples who did thus were quickly turned upon by the proud wolves. Soon after having her first child she discovered her human allies and the wolves could also team up with other beasts, mythical and otherwise. Nahana the silver had discovered the potential for mixed race armies.

Tragedy came as she slowly let her guard down. One day out with her youngest daughter, a ferocious mirror of her mother, a pyre zombie from nearby ruins killed most of whom she had ever known. She never let her guard down again. She became a paradox of brutal killing efficiency and the wise mother of her precious last remaining baby. She would only live to see her grandson live to one year old when he would kill her and all the rest of the old, young and the weak before starting his civ...

It is rumored that she has become a werewolf and is the real strength behind Baron Duin who may have been her lover when he was a young man.

Please let me know how to collaborate more. I may need to be ordered what more to read to stay within parameters? Hooooooooooowwwwllllll tis good to be here.

I want to be the Doviello please Sen~or GM BorderWolf

17. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Waterwalking seems like an on/off gene, where either you can or you can't. So I think you should be able to simply list it as an attribute and perhaps place those 50 points to something else if you want (unless you have a good reason for it to matter how well someone can walk on water ... for instance walk on water during a Hurricane, Water Typhoon, or Tsunami ... aka surfing on a Tsunami into the battlefield)

Her Grandson killed his entire family at one year of age?

18. BorderWolf

BorderWolf Chieftain

Thanks, I appreciate yer candor,, I'm so excited to have :confused: arrived at such a spot as this. Yes the surfer wolf people. Civved from MN

19. BorderWolf

BorderWolf Chieftain

Fun it is.:king:

20. cypher132

cypher132 Chieftain

Would all users with characters please post their name in bold so I know and for those who want a civ, bold the name of the civ. Thank you.