Memory Allocation Fault despite Win 7 and 6 gigs of RAM

Hedberger

Chieftain
Well the title says it all really and i basically wonder how to solve this.

Edit: Also i can't access the civic option anymore. It's not even late game.

Your PC is too high-end. Rise of Mankind features to be safeguarded against nerds and rich people.

No, seriously, that can happen because Civ is old and it doesn't always use all memory available.
There can be map generating problems/AI loop/whatever reasons be causing this.

You better search the RoM forums for high-end tweaks/problems. There are a few solutions to allocate more RAM etc.

Btw. Here is a thread that adresses your prob, too.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=341427

cIV use the processor not graphics... it also can only use one core

Well the title says it all really and i basically wonder how to solve this.

Edit: Also i can't access the civic option anymore. It's not even late game.
And how much does your graphics card have memory? If you run out of it, it doesn't matter if you have 2GB or 6GB system RAM... You could try enabling modules "No building graphics", "Static Leaderheads" (located in 'Rise of Mankind\Assets\Unloaded Modules', move to Modules) and disable civ specific unit artstyles (move them from Modules to Unloaded Modules). RoM Concepts pages in Sevopedia have more info about these.

By the way, what game settings did you use?

Civic page problem sounds like a problem with python - can you post python logs from your game? Check v2.8 feedback thread for instructions how to enable logging.

And how much does your graphics card have memory? If you run out of it, it doesn't matter if you have 2GB or 6GB system RAM... You could try enabling modules "No building graphics", "Static Leaderheads" (located in 'Rise of Mankind\Assets\Unloaded Modules', move to Modules) and disable civ specific unit artstyles (move them from Modules to Unloaded Modules). RoM Concepts pages in Sevopedia have more info about these.

By the way, what game settings did you use?

Civic page problem sounds like a problem with python - can you post python logs from your game? Check v2.8 feedback thread for instructions how to enable logging.

I reinstalled RoM and started a fresh save and the civic problem is solved, removed some modmods that i should have mentioned now that i think about it. I also started using windowed mode and turned down the settings to the abolute minimum, except i kept effects and animations running. My graphics card has 1 gig memory.

It's working relatively well now just slow loading times but then again i haven't reached late game yet so i guess we'll see about that.

This is quickly becoming unbearable. As of now each turn finish takes a full minute and i'm nowhere near the end. I've cut it all down the grapichs to the absolute minimum.

Is there anything else i can do?

This is quickly becoming unbearable. As of now each turn finish takes a full minute and i'm nowhere near the end. I've cut it all down the grapichs to the absolute minimum.

Is there anything else i can do?

Only a minute? That's much better than most of us here. ;)

;)

Patience; a lost virtue.

JosEPh :)

Hahaha, well in that case it mightn't be that bad after all. I'm just worried that late game will :):):):) it up even more than that. It's still kind of annoying to be sitting by a brand new gaming rig costing 13,000 SEK and having to wait that long. Especially since i never had to wait that long when i played it through boot camp on my mac with 2.2 dual core, 2 gig RAM and ATI X1600 128 mb and this new rig is three times as powerful. RoM was one of the reasons that i shelled out that money in the first place.

I love RoM - however, it's introducing me to TV again, because I need something to do while the AI takes its turns. I like the Revolution and BarbCiv mod way too much, but man are my turns dragging on now, and I think I'm just about to crack *macemen*.

The moment i hit the Renaissance i started getting MAFs again but i think i found a way around it. Remove all the other starting civs and just play around with your own private continent for a while. If i get bored i'll declare war on the smaller civs or start a revolution. Is there a way to increase barbarian activity that doesn't involve any other programs than notepad. Just good 'ol .txt editing? That way i can keep this managable.

Edit: How about a game mode that doesn't involve any other civs just barabarians like a sort of Zombie survival spin-off thingy. Not realistic i'll admit but could still prove fun.

The moment i hit the Renaissance i started getting MAFs again but i think i found a way around it. Remove all the other starting civs and just play around with your own private continent for a while. If i get bored i'll declare war on the smaller civs or start a revolution. Is there a way to increase barbarian activity that doesn't involve any other programs than notepad. Just good 'ol .txt editing? That way i can keep this managable.

Edit: How about a game mode that doesn't involve any other civs just barabarians like a sort of Zombie survival spin-off thingy. Not realistic i'll admit but could still prove fun.
Have you tried the new Barbarian World game option (in custom game option list)? Raging Barbarians on too and you'll get barbarian hordes coming at you ;)

Have you tried the new Barbarian World game option (in custom game option list)? Raging Barbarians on too and you'll get barbarian hordes coming at you ;)

and you'll MAF earlier too!

Hahaha, well in that case it mightn't be that bad after all. I'm just worried that late game will :):):):) it up even more than that. It's still kind of annoying to be sitting by a brand new gaming rig costing 13,000 SEK and having to wait that long. Especially since i never had to wait that long when i played it through boot camp on my mac with 2.2 dual core, 2 gig RAM and ATI X1600 128 mb and this new rig is three times as powerful. RoM was one of the reasons that i shelled out that money in the first place.

Hint: try this, it worked for me

1) Find which of your cores overclock best and only push that one to something like 4 Ghz.
2) Lock the other ones to something like minimal multiplier supported by your cpu +1 or +2 (like x7 or x8). This way you'd be staying in the normal TDP range
3) Set processor core affinity for Civ4 to that core
4) enjoy

and you'll MAF earlier too!

As long as i keep a few death squads skulking around in the bushes in Asia to keep the population in check it's actually alot more managable. :p (Incredibly black humour)

Plus i get the benefit of actually using my military on a day to day basis and no one whines when i randomly test nukes. :p

I kind of miss the whole spy and diplomacy thingy but if i let one of the barbarian states evolve fully i will have someone to test that on too.

Hint: try this, it worked for me

1) Find which of your cores overclock best and only push that one to something like 4 Ghz.
2) Lock the other ones to something like minimal multiplier supported by your cpu +1 or +2 (like x7 or x8). This way you'd be staying in the normal TDP range
3) Set processor core affinity for Civ4 to that core
4) ???
5) Profit

Fixed that for ya.

And thanks a bunch for the tip :)

You really shouldn't be betting MAFs due to any lack on your machine. I play with a lot less machine without any problems (though our multiplayer games don't often get to late game!). I do get one minute turnover times, but I'm playing MP on 2.71 and talking on the phone with my buddies while they turn over! I suspect there may be something funky with your setup somewhere. Also, for speed, look into A New Dawn and see if that helps. Not sure what version of ROM you are using, but I'd avoid the mega pack as it seems to give a lot of people problems. Try 2.81 full with A New Dawn, clean install and be sure its all in the right folders.

I'm not familiar with Win 7 - do you have to run things as an administrator?

Top Bottom