1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mercenaries

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by JFD, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Zares

Zares Warlord

I forgot to enable 'JFD_MERCENARIES_COMMUNITY_BALANCE_PATCH' in settings and I am using full pack of CPP with EUI. I have been playing all day and I don't want to start a new game. If I enable it in settings, will save still compatible? And I noticed -1 iron after spearman contract, is it any punishment for loosing mercenary from contract or just lack of 'JFD_MERCENARIES_COMMUNITY_BALANCE_PATCH'?

2. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Some small grammar errors I noticed while adding to the Mercs Wikia:

-Hackapell promotion says "+2 Visibility Change" rather than Range.

It wasn't very much :p

Realized that Cuauhocelotl is also called Eagle Warriors. Why two names? Also, they don't appear to have any units attributed to them at the bottom of Merc_Contracts, under either of those names. What units can they spawn? Same goes for Sons of Mil, no unit references.

Also, you have some units listed beneath the main contract list, such as Buccaneers, Corsairs, German Landsknecht etc. Are these unique to certain civs? Or are they contracts anyone can take out?

I also just realized: We need mercs for the Enlightenment Era!

Other then this, the Contracts Table is, information wise, 99% complete. Additional formatting may come later.

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

No, as that setting makes changes to the database.

Thank you, Sir Kesler!

They have two names because you try remembering how to spell 'Cuauhocelotl' off by heart :p They don't have any units, as they're a contract reserved for ExCE's Tlaxcala Tribe and will eventually be moved there. Sons of Mil was a mistake, however, which I'll have to fix.

They are unique to certain civs, IIRC.

4. Typhlomence

Typhlomence Magical Tomomo

Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but I've been using Mercenaries in my latest game, and when I renew a contract, the notification states it is extended for 35 turns, when it is in fact only renewed for 10 turns.
    Spoiler :

Otherwise, I really like this mod - it's an easy way to get an army up if you have the spare Gold laying around. I've made good use of them, especially those Keshiks, and I'm not the only one who's been using them well - with Artificial Unintelligence active, TarcisioCM's Germany gave me a hard time with his own Keshik mercenaries!

5. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Over 6' tall soldiers and the Prussian guard.

6. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

It states the overall contract's length, so if it lasted for 25 turns and you extend it for another ten, the notification will show 35.

7. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Does this have any Modern era units? WWI or WWIIish?

8. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

No, more modern era merc units?

9. Clad in Plaid

Clad in Plaid Chieftain

It appears Foreign Legion mercs are available as soon as you research mercenaries.

10. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Ok I found the answer. Modern units are available. Bismarck was just not into that sort of thing. After much cognac I changed his mind. :lol:

11. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

On the topic of Modern Era Mercs, is there anything you can do about plane Mercs spawning around your capital rather than in? It's just a pain that you've got to move them into your city on their first move, and it is a bit worrying.

12. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

@JFD
    I'm adding Merc. Support to RER. Do you have idea why the Free Company contract type shows as 'Tercio' and Reiter contract type shows as 'Lancer'?

Screenshot:
    Spoiler :

The Free Company supporting code I use:
    Code:
    --==========================================================================================================================
    -- JFD'S MERCENARIES
    --==========================================================================================================================
    -- Free Company
    UPDATE Units
    SET JFD_OnlyMercenary = 1, MoveAfterPurchase = 0, Help = 'TXT_KEY_UNIT_MERC_HELP_FREE_COMAPANY', Strategy = 'TXT_KEY_UNIT_MERC_FREE_COMAPANY_STRATEGY'
    WHERE Type = 'UNIT_FREE_COMAPANY'
    AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Technologies WHERE Type = 'TECH_JFD_MERCENARIES');

INSERT OR REPLACE INTO UnitPromotions 
    		(Type, 									AdjacentMod,	AdjacentTileHealChange,	AlwaysHeal,	Amphib,	AttackFortifiedMod,	AttackMod,	AttackWoundedMod,	CanMoveAfterAttacking,	CapitalDefenseModifier,	CapitalDefenseFalloff,	CaptureDefeatedEnemy,	CityAttack,	CityDefense,	CityAttackPlunderModifier,	DefenseMod,	ExtraAttacks,	ExtraNavalMovement,	EmbarkExtraVisibility,		FlankAttackModifier,	FreePillageMoves,	HeavyCharge,	HillsDoubleMove,	HealOutsideFriendly,	FriendlyHealChange,	NeutralHealChange,	EnemyHealChange,	GreatGeneralModifier,	GoldenAgeValueFromKills,	HPHealedIfDestroyEnemy,	IgnoreTerrainCost,	IgnoreZOC,	InterceptionDefenseDamageModifier,	MovesChange,	NumInterceptionChange,	RangeAttackIgnoreLOS,	NearbyEnemyCombatMod,	NearbyEnemyCombatRange,	OpenAttack,	RoughAttack,	OutsideFriendlyLandsModifier,	FriendlyLandsModifier,	DropRange,	RangeChange, RangedDefenseMod,	RivalTerritory,	VisibilityChange,	Description, 									Help, 												JFD_Mercenary,	ExperiencePercent,	IgnoreGreatGeneralBenefit,	CannotBeChosen,		Sound,				PortraitIndex,	IconAtlas, 						PediaType, 				PediaEntry)
    VALUES	('PROMOTION_JFD_FREE_COMPANY', 			0,				0,						0,			0,		0,					0,			0,					0,						0,						0,						0,						0,			0,				0,							0,			0,				0,					0,							0,						0,					0,				0,					0,						0,					0,					0,					0,						0,							0,						0,					0,			0,									0,				0,						0,						0,						0,						0,			0,				0,								0,						0,			0,			 0,					0,				0,					'TXT_KEY_CONTRACT_JFD_FREE_COMPANY_DESC',		'TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_JFD_FREE_COMPANY_HELP', 			0,				-100,				0,							1, 					null,				58, 			'ABILITY_ATLAS', 				'PEDIA_ATTRIBUTES',		'TXT_KEY_CONTRACT_JFD_FREE_COMPANY_DESC');

INSERT INTO JFD_Contracts 
    		(Type, 										Category,					PrereqEra,				ObsoleteEra,			IsSlavery,	Rating, Turns,	YieldCost,		Description, 									Adjective, 										Civilopedia,										PromotionType)
    VALUES	('CONTRACT_JFD_FREE_COMPANY', 				'CONTRACT_JFD_MERCENARY',	'ERA_MEDIEVAL',			'ERA_INDUSTRIAL',		0,			3,		25,		'[ICON_GOLD]',	'TXT_KEY_CONTRACT_JFD_FREE_COMPANY_DESC',		'TXT_KEY_CONTRACT_JFD_FREE_COMPANY_ADJ',			'TXT_KEY_CONTRACT_JFD_FREE_COMPANY_TEXT',			'PROMOTION_JFD_FREE_COMPANY');

INSERT INTO JFD_Contract_Units 
    		(ContractType, 								UnitType,						UseUniqueIfAvailable)
    VALUES	('CONTRACT_JFD_FREE_COMPANY', 				'UNIT_FREE_COMAPANY',		0);

Attached Files:

13. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

@Zwei833 The name displayed in that list is arranged by Unit Class Description. So in RER you'll want to update not only the unit's description for the Lancer and Tercio, but also the Unit Class'.

14. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

15. Zares

Zares Warlord

I still have problems with iron on the red. I even haven't any technologies that allow to build units with iron requirements.

Firstly, I hired Hetaireia (2x Cataphract), then I think 1 of them died, contract has ended.
    Next, I hired Hetaireia again and Ten Thousand (3x Hoplite).
    And now, I have -4 iron.

Any idea what happened, do you need any logs?

Edit: Again hired Hetaireia and after the contract has ended, I got another -2 to my iron deficit. But it seems that I lose -2 iron, BUT I gain 2 horses, strange. I have 2 improved horses, 5 horse units and there is +3 horses on top bar.

16. TheD3rp

TheD3rp Lowly Footsoldier

Giant death robots. That can paradrop. I'm not sure that this is the most balanced thing in the world.
    Spoiler :

17. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Forget it. Playing a JFD's gameplay mod = Balance is one of the unimportant thing in the world, imo. But these mods are full of fun, right?

18. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Mercenaries v5:
    • Updated for EUI 1.8.
    • CBP support is now automatic, and Mercenaries tech is no longer automatically disabled.
    • Added new unit model for the Black Rider, thanks to Zwei833.
    • Added missing units for Sons of Mil contract.
    • Mercenaries tech cost reduced to 85 Science (on par with Optics).
    • Weyland-Yutani paradrop bonus now only 5 (down from 20) - but they now exclusively offer GDRs (paradropping GDRs is too cool4u).
    • Added more appropriate Mercenary icon for the EUI drop-down and notification thanks to Sukritact.

19. Klisz

Klisz King

Tech tree bug with the latest releases of Mercs and EUI:

Spoiler :

No other mods.

Attached Files:

20. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh