Merged Animation Units

Ah, well what I'd be doing is having him use the worker animations during working or idle, and have him use the marine attack animations during combat. He'd have the machine gun from the marine on his back during the worker ones as well.

Ah, well what I'd be doing is having him use the worker animations during working or idle, and have him use the marine attack animations during combat. He'd have the machine gun from the marine on his back during the worker ones as well.

:eek: :goodjob:

Hey, how about a version that uses a single shot rifle and the infantry animations? :mischief:

How about a proper legionaire? That throws a pilum (javelin) and then fights with a short sword? Even better give him some worker anims and a spade and he can build roads!

After the tutorial I can try that. I hit a slight snag while making it.. found out that the Marine skeleton / animations are missing one of the shoulder-bones, and the Worker has that bone. Tried putting the animation on the worker and it got totally screwy. I'd fix it, but I have no idea how to do bones.. so I'm working on re-doing part of the tutorial, using the Redcoat animation instead.

imho this problem can´t be solved easily, Civ4 units have different skeletons, sometimes only the name differs (like BIP and Bip01), other units have additional bones or a different rigging. Because you use the animation of one unit (with the skeleton structure) you can only use kf files from a unit with a similar rigging (to reduce the grafical issues) direct, two different structure will always create to much trouble.

but one idea how it could work (perhaps not the best performance wise), copy the skeleton of the second unit also in the nif (if necesarry change the names, so that both have a different name), add all bones to the NiMultiTargetTransformController and copy the model a second time in the nif but this time rigged to the second skeleton. (so you have to models in the nif, one rigged to the base skeleton, the second to the skeleton of the unit you want to use some animation files). Now work with visibility to switch to the model with the rigging you need for certain animation. At least this could work

Yea, I'm probably not going to go into merging units with different bone structures like the Worker - Marine.. too much of a hassle. Still though, it seems that when it comes to the humanoid units, only the various late-rifle units have the wierd skeletons. Rifleman, Marine, and Navy SEAL are the only three I've seen thus far. That leaves plenty of room to play with, so no worries.

Wow, your work is just AMAZING! I would never imagine to do that! Keep up man! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:
The musket\sword animation was REALLY missing!!

Yea, I'm probably not going to go into merging units with different bone structures like the Worker - Marine.. too much of a hassle. Still though, it seems that when it comes to the humanoid units, only the various late-rifle units have the wierd skeletons. Rifleman, Marine, and Navy SEAL are the only three I've seen thus far. That leaves plenty of room to play with, so no worries.

The rifleman bone structure isn't that unusual. In fact, if you scroll down this forum, you can find my arquebusier based on the rifleman. Bone armature isn't too difficult, and i'm finding things easy which i once though impossible. Before i avoided units with unusual bone structure (i.e; the missing R UpperArm), but now i've found a way to make nearly any unit use any animation. I also thought that putting the Child Settler onto the MArine kfm was impossible, but in MechaUnits1 there is a Child Soldier unit. I'm sure it's possible somehow.

BTW: Thanks for the tut; i really wanted something like that :goodjob:.

The rifleman bone structure isn't that unusual. In fact, if you scroll down this forum, you can find my arquebusier based on the rifleman. Bone armature isn't too difficult, and i'm finding things easy which i once though impossible. Before i avoided units with unusual bone structure (i.e; the missing R UpperArm), but now i've found a way to make nearly any unit use any animation. I also thought that putting the Child Settler onto the MArine kfm was impossible, but in MechaUnits1 there is a Child Soldier unit. I'm sure it's possible somehow.

BTW: Thanks for the tut; i really wanted something like that :goodjob:.

Could someone teach me how to do that?

How about a proper legionaire? That throws a pilum (javelin) and then fights with a short sword? Even better give him some worker anims and a spade and he can build roads!

I was going to suggest that... I really think the leigonairres should have 0-1 first strikes
I don't think even the mods that focus on rome have had pilum throwing legionairres

I agree that legionnaries should be capable of building roads. Perhaps they should also be capable of building forts but limit them to roads and forts. Then the legionnaries should have the option of upgrading to a medieval siege engineer, then in the industrial era, an industrial combat engineer, then finally a modern combat engineer. This is in addition to their current path. Engineer path should be slightly weaker than non-engineer path. Just a thought. Healz.

Well... Legionaires also were involved in constructing cities in occupied territories... ;)

I agree that legionnaries should be capable of building roads. Perhaps they should also be capable of building forts but limit them to roads and forts. Then the legionnaries should have the option of upgrading to a medieval siege engineer, then in the industrial era, an industrial combat engineer, then finally a modern combat engineer. This is in addition to their current path. Engineer path should be slightly weaker than non-engineer path. Just a thought. Healz.

Don't forget about game balance! You can't make the Legionaries TOO powerful.

Don't forget about game balance! You can't make the Legionaries TOO powerful.

Think beyond Beyond the Sword, Capo. For starters Ekmek from the Mare Nostrum mod in Colonization could be delighted to have such a unit. ;)

Awesome work!
But I have a small question, if someone is using one of your animations for a new unit do they have to include all of the kf files in the download. Like say, I use your welsh longbowman animations for a different model lets say a spear and bow Persian Levy, will I have to include your longbowman and Holkan kf files in the Persian Levy download file as well?

Yes you will, since the .kf files are where I had to change the visibility of the weapons, and nearly all of the .kf files included are changed in some way.

Top Bottom