Merlot taking over Maverics

Mavericks - Abstain
AMAZON - No
Sirius - Yes
CDZ - Yes
Merlot - Yes
Quatronia - No

I had to dig a bit to get some of these votes. Please clarify if I got your team's position wrong.

In a few hours, I'll give Merlot the game password for Mavericks. Any Mavericks players are welcome to apply to Merlot.

I think that was really more of a yes from Quatronia, you quoted Charlemagne's post and I know you can see our team forum and the point we wanted across is that a MERLOT takeover is still acceptable even if not the very first preference (but thanks to Snaaty and others clarifying, of course if it can't be expected there are enough Mavs/other players to go on a solution was desired)

Well a third of the AMAZON that posted in this thread was positive to this (2metra) and a third (me) abstained. Only a third (Sommer) was negative to this idea. :p

I'm sorry, I have to say something here. I know that I'm new in this forum and to the multi-team demogames. And above all I don't want to screw the game with drama, but isn't the spliting of a team to take over other team's civ considered promiscuity or conflict of interests, even if it's not their intent? The members that takes over the other civ knows intimately their former civ's state, correspondence, etc. Isn't it going way beyond of when two civs close cooperate?

What you describe is exactly what I think will and has happened. It's to be expected, they are 4 against 1 and will need all the help they can get. I expect them to keep close tabs. Especially since Indiansmoke and Slaze have logged into both teams recently.

To clarify that: The result was a takeover by Merlot - not a splitting of the teams. Mavericks is now an extension of Merlot, and no longer a "separate" team as per se. :)

You have the right concern but perhaps you're misunderstanding what has happened. The people on Merlot (all of them) are playing both civs. With total visibility to everything both civs can see. This was the solution that caused the fewest problems.
  • Merlot could not split into two groups of people and have one take over Mavericks. Both of the split teams would fall dangerously close to the minimum number of players needed to keep a team alive.
  • Mavs could not be left as an inactive human player. It would take every turn to the turn timer, and the land would become a target of the neighbor who gets ocean transport capability first.
  • Splitting of part of another team to take over mavs would create a potential case where the new owners would not continue the old mavs diplomacy
  • Kicking to AI would create a volatile diplomatic situation and set up the lands as easy pickings for the first team with ocean transport.
  • Gifting cities would saddle Merlot with higher maintenance costs than everyone else, causing an economic unbalance.

You have the right concern but perhaps you're misunderstanding what has happened. The people on Merlot (all of them) are playing both civs. With total visibility to everything both civs can see. This was the solution that caused the fewest problems.

to expand on this, cause i think dave understands what your saying even if he didnt fully say it, mavericks are out of the game as a playable, winnable faction. So there are no concerns about joint victory or conflicts of interests etc. atleast AFAIK.

Top Bottom