Mic5 - The Butt Kisser

Gyathaar said:
America is in monarchy, that prolly means we should have switched to monarchy as soon as we got it in order to follow the rules.. :)

Yikes, you're right! Should have noticed that. I had my hands full just keeping track of who we're supposed to be at war with! These goofy Americans are such inconvenient allies...

About the barracks: I look at it this way. There are towns that desperately need to be built up, such as a fast-growing town with no aquaduct, a capital with no library, a border town that needs culture to reach resources, and so on. Then there are towns that should produce settlers or workers, either because of their size or location or whatever. Then there are towns that could produce military units. Of those, some already have barracks, and they can produce foot soldiers. The ones that don't can build boats (if needed) and artillery (always needed). The only time I build barracks is if there are too many towns building artillery and there is a pressing need for foot soldiers. We're nowhere close to that. We have AC's coming online as well as horsemen being produced, but no artillery whatsoever, and just one boat, which might sink as I'm tryping this. So, as long as that's the case, there is absolutely no need to build and maintain more barracks. We have empty islands (with critical resources!!!) left to settle, and we need artillery support if we're going to fight a smart war. Hope this makes sense...

570BC, inherited turn:
There is no need to run lux tax, to I set lux to 0%.

We are at war with france. They wont talk.
We are also at war with iraq, and they will pay for peace.. but since america is at war with them we could not make peace even if we didnt have an alliance.

We have a boat with a settler.. supposedly heading for the island with iron and horses.. only problem is that we will need to be able to trade over sea squares to be able to use that iron.. and to grab that iron with a coastal town, it will need culture expansion. There is no other good place to send the settler thou, so might as well grab the iron while still possible.

According to CRpMapStat Canterbury has a fliprisk of 1.168% per turn.. and need 26 units to eliminate the fliprisk. This town will need culture untill we take out the neighbouring russian town.
Hastings has 0.457% fliprisk.

Republic can be bought, but doing so would put us in serious defisiency in anarchy.. so I decide to wait.

IBT:
Russia sends 2 settler pairs towards our lands? where do they plan to settle?

550BC, turn 1:
Rebublic is widely known now.. china and russia picked it up in interturn.
America and russia still lacks it.. france is unknown..

We are up currency and monarchy on china, and that wont last long I bet...
China gives us republic and 118gold for currency and monarchy

however germany wont give us feudalism for republic, 813gold and 55gpt .. its only doubtful
Immediate steal from korea costs 565gold.. and it succeeds.. get monotheism
republic, monotheism, 248gold, 55gpt is still just doubtful for feudalism from germany.. guess we have to wait till it gets sold around

At this point I realize that the rules say we have to switch to monarch if america is monarchy, and republic if america is a republic
And america is in monarchy..

so I revolt.
Draw 5 turn anarchy
Have to create clown in london, taxman in nottingham and scientist in york

making 15gpt in anarchy

IBT:
Russia send the 2 settler pairs into Krasnoyarsk,, guessing they intend to send them to the islands..
London produce AC

530BC, turn 2:
Germany picked up republic now, and russia has feudalism

Germany wont sell us feudalism, but russia will.. hmm,, guessing russia got feudalism as free tech.
buy feudalism from russia for monotheism and 55gold

Decide to gift republic to america even if Bush has nothing to offer.. why? because I dont want to see them revolt to republic the turn after we become monarchy.. making us immediately revolt again if we want to follow the rules :)
Bush turns gracious.

Korea will offer 337gold and 53gpt for feudalism.. noone on the other continent has feudalism yet, but I find it highly likely that korea has been researching this for several turns now, and its a pretty good price, so I sell it to him.

IBT:
Russians start Sun Tzu
Russian galley follows our towards iron island, but we will beat them with several turns.
Iraq starts Sun Tzu

510BC, turn 3:
america still monarchy

IBT:
nothing

490BC, turn 4:
america still monarchy

IBT:
Russia declare war on china
Koreans start Sun Tzu

470BC, turn 5:
america still monarchy

IBT:
Pick Monarchy as government since that is what america still is..

450BC, turn 6:
Put all citizens to work again, can run 0% lux

Russia will trade gems for ivory, but we dont need it.. and since they are gracious to us for some reason they hopefully wont demand the ivory.

Rush some builds so I can start building up horsemen in cities with barracks

IBT:
Korea and iraq sign alliance on america.
Korea declare on america.
America declare on french
London produce AC

London: Market -> horse
York: Market -> rax
Nottingham: aqueduct -> Market
Hastings: Market -> horse
Canterbury: Aqueduct -> horse

430BC, turn 7:
Found Newcastle next to deer and 2 tiles from iron.. needs culture.. building warror.
We are already at war with france, so we dont have to declare on them, and we have running deals with korea, so dont have to declare on them yet.

IBT:
America wants an alliance vs korea, but we have to decline since korea is bribing us with a large sum of gold every turn.. :)
Koreans start Sun Tzu (again)

410BC, turn 8:
Argh, stupid americans has switched to republic now. Decide to not revolt now.. but will let team decide what to do when my turns are done :)

IBT:
Bush brings our old alliance deal VS iraq to the table.
He no longer want to pay us 1gpt for the moral support, but want us to subsidice his war with 12gpt.. no way..

Germany and russia signs an alliance vs china
germany declare on china

Koreans start sun tzu (yet again)

390BC, turn 9:
nothing

IBT:
London: horse -> horse

Americans start Sun Tzu

370BC, turn 10:
Korea and Iraq has engineering now, we can buy it if we want from korea.

Canterbury and Hastings has pretty high fliprisks.. 1.953% and 1.561%, and it gets worse all the time.. I suggest attacking russia as soon as we can after our deals with them end in 2 turns. Need to get rid of the 2 cities that cause flip problems.
I assume a large part of russian troops is up in german territory now.. so getting an alliance vs russia with germany might be good (to prevent russia from allying them vs us)

Following the rules we need to revolt again to republic now... what do we want to do about that?

Korea, russia and china have all started settling the islands, so korea will soon come into contact with russia and china.

The save

microbe said:
5. We must stay in a representative gov (Republic or Democracy) if America is in such a gov too and we have the tech. We must revolt to one of Facism/Feudalism/Monarchy if America revolts back to one of those govs from Republic/Democracy.
i believe we should have revolted to Republic when America did. i will do it on the IBT.

IBT:
Pick Monarchy as government since that is what america still is..

Sorry I didn't emphasize it, but please read the rules carefully.

We are required to be in Republic/Democracy if America is in such gov.

We are not required to be in Monarchy UNLESS America revolts _back_ into it from Republic/Democracy.

So in this case we don't have to be in Monarchy. However, if America is in Republic and later revolts into any of the non-representative gov, we have to follow (but don't have to be the exact gov).

oh, doh.. I read that as we have to use same type of government as america does.

This does mean that if america is in fascism, and then goes to democracy, we have to revolt to republic or democracy again thou?

Doc Tsiolkovski said:
Oh, and IMHO if US switches to Communism, you need to feel deeplý embarrassed - either declare on them ASAP, or follow their path. Luckily, this isn't likely to happen...

If US switches to communism, we'll just switch to a non-representative gov.

Democracy isn't the absolute best thing to the British. The best thing is what US says it is. :)

Yeah, looks like our government is going to be changing quite often...

But let's not be completelyt reactive. I like Gyathaar's plan to take a few cities from Russia when our trades are up. I thought about doing that 20 turns ago, but SoZ was just completing and we didn't have enough troops to do the job, so I traded for their Incense instead. It may be time to take it away from them and start exporting it instead of importing it ;)

No matter what, we need to do something about the 2 highest fliprisk cities.. there is a 50% chance canterbury will flip within 35 turns, and a 50% chance Hastings will flip within 44 turns

War! War! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR !!!!!!!!

:: waiting for the b****-slap from a moderator ::

Preflight check: Since Engineering is already known, I seriously doubt we’ll finish the min research run on it. Turn off research to make a few more bucks.

Since Canterbury and Hastings are high flip risks, we should get some culture there to take pressure off the worked tiles. Switch Canterbury to Lib from horse and rush it for 236g.

Attacking Russia with only 3AC and 1 horse will be tough. We’ll definitely need more troops and we have a revolt to get thru…

Revolt, draw 5T. Fix unhappy people and hire as many taxman as possible. We are making +61 just from deals and I add another 8gpt.

IBT: Russia want our ivory +1gpt for their gems. Decline

Canterbury library -> horse
Chinese are building Sun’s
America wants an RoP, resign.
SoZ -> AC

T1: 350BC nada, moved some workers to mine near
IBT: lose incense, renew german dyes deal for 9gpt

T2: 330BC workers mine

T3: 310BC Adjust towns for happiness issues.

T4: 290BC not much, London will have to starve a little to keep from rioting.

IBT: become a Republic

T5: 270BC Lux tax goes to 20% to get everyone working again but we make +139gpt.

IBT: Americans are building Sun’s

T6: 250BC Hurry a spear in Newcastle.

IBT: Russia and China sign peace.
SoZ -> AC; Warwick settler -> Library; Newcastle spear -> temple

T7: 230BC
IBT: Russia declares war on us and attacks Canterbury: Reg horse kills vet AC flawlessly.
London horse -> horse; York barracks -> horse

T8: 210BC Switch Warwick to spear and rush. Switch Canterbury to spear (due in 1T). Rush the horse in Hastings.

Trade: Ally German vs Russia for 481g. China wants around 811g for an alliance so I hold off for now till I see how much Germany distracts Russia.
I’m having trouble deciding if we should by Engineering. The cost is ridiculous (811g) but we really need it so we can attack and retreat in 1T around York and Hastings. Decide to bite the bullet and buy it from the Arabs for 41gpt and 409g. Sell Engineering to the Germans for 51gpt and 484g and a worker.

AC from Hastings jumps out and kills horse (4/5), returns to town and fortifies. Move an AC to Canterbury to help the defense there.

IBT: Hastings horse -> spear; Canterbury spear -> horse; Warwick spear -> barracks

T9: 190BC Skirmish of Canterbury: AC kills spear on mined wheat (3/5); horse kills archer N of town.
Russia is setup perfectly to attack either Hastings or Canterbury with 4 horses next turn. Split the spears between the 2 towns and hope for the best.
Hurry the Market in Nottingham. Use an AC to flawlessly kill a horse outside of town.
Hurry an archer in Newcastle.

IBT: Koreans offer alliance vs America. Refuse but see that they now have Invention. They then insist on renegociating peace.
Russia attacks Hastings, kills 2 AC’s, a spear, and a warrior, Losing only 1 damn horse.
Russia attacks Newcastle, losing an archer and promoting our spear.

Nottingham market -> spear; Newcastle archer -> walls

T10: 170BC Outside Hastings: AC kills 2/3 horse flawlessly; vet horse kills horse flawlessly; vet horse kills redlined horse flawlessly and then moves to cover Canterbury; vet horse kills redlined horse and goes back into Hastings.
Reg galley attacks vet galley outside of Warwick and loses, promoting the galley (3/5).
Fortify an AC in Nottingham Note: in addition to the visible horse on the mountain, there is a horse on the hill NW of Nottingham.
Hurry horse in York, Spear in Hastings, Horse in Canterbury, and barracks in Warwick.

We should probably ally China vs Russia too as that must be their source of horses.

Mining the hill outside of London so we can get that city up to 15spt.

Germans have Chivalry and Iraqis have Invention.

next player should uncheck "always renegociate deals" or we will be signing that korean peace treaty for the rest of the game :lol:

next player should uncheck "always renegociate deals" or we will be signing that korean peace treaty for the rest of the game
They wont renegociate a straight up peace deal, nor will it hurt reputation to kill a straight up peace deal after a renegociate if I remember correctly.

We should probably ally China vs Russia too as that must be their source of horses.
At the end of my turns russia and china was at war, and I believe russia had horses connected before us, so they must have some locally in the fog.

Gyathaar said:
They wont renegociate a straight up peace deal, nor will it hurt reputation to kill a straight up peace deal after a renegociate if I remember correctly.

At the end of my turns russia and china was at war, and I believe russia had horses connected before us, so they must have some locally in the fog.
thanks :) we are really not well prepared to take on russia atm but we may be able to raze the northern town. lots of archers and spears coming now as i seemed to have wiped out thier early northern horse troops (or diverted them to germany). hope we get a leader soon as an AC army would be very appropriate for this war. good luck microbe!

preturn: nothing.

IBT lots of Russian units around.

(1)150BC: vet horse 3/1 retreats from spear. Another horse finishes it off.

AC 3/3 kills spear. horse 1/3 kills spear. AC and horse kills two horses. Reg warrior 2/3 kills reg archer and promotes. Reg warrior 2/3 kills another archer but exposes itself. Vet horse 3/3 kills spear.

I MM London to be 15spt so we can build horses every other turn.

I don't see why we don't MA with China, since we already MA with Germany. So I give Engineering to China for it.

IBT We lose warrior and spear. Horse kills horse and promotes. AC kills spear. Horse kills archer.

(2)130BC:

(3)110BC: Kill a horse.

IBT America and Iraq make peace.

(4)90BC: Iraq asks 140g for peace so I hold for now.

IBT France and America make peace. Russians retreat.

(5)70BC: vet horse 2/3 kills spear. vet horse 0/3 kills spear. We capture Krasnoyarsk. It's now size-2 so I keep it. We also capture 4 slaves.

AC kills spear and promotes. Horse kills archer.

I can pay France 40g and make peace, but I'd rather keep the war happiness for now. Iraq asks for 140g and I also pass.

(6)50BC: Kill an archer.

(7)30BC: Everyone has Theology, and there is 3fer available.

I make peace with France and get Invention by 873g+24gpt. Invention+6gpt to America for Theology. Theology to Germany for Chivalry+7g+dyes. Chivalry back to France for 817g.

Only Korea is up us Gunpowder. We cannot get it anyway so I sell Chivalry to it for 701g.

So we get 3 techs, one lux and 638g by 30gpt.

Since we have money I make peace with Iraq by 120g.

We are absolutely the tech leader on our own continent. :)

We sadly cannot build knights as we do not have iron yet.

Cleanup a small stack of 2 spears+4 archers, and kill a reg horse and a reg spear.

IBT we lose a horse but kill a horse.

(8)10BC: Kill a spear/archer pair.

(9)10AD: Elite AC kills reg spear. Vet AC retreats from spear. Elite horse kills the spear. Vet horse kills archer and we raze Yakutsk. We get 4 slaves.

Kill an archer and horse. Lose an elite horse to archer!

Somehow our trade route with Germany is cut, so we lose the dyes. I buy it with 9gpt+4g.

IBT: our horse dies after it defeats a horse and warrior. Lost a warrior. Nottingham riots after a Russian spear steps on it.

(10)30AD: We found Oxford and get incense. Lower lux to 10.

I start min on Printing Press. Should have done so earlier.

IBT Korea and America make peace. This is good, we don't need to declare anymore. Our cattle is pillaged.

We get FP message.

(11)50AD: Lose two horses to a spear! The 3rd kills it. Also kill the pillaging spear. Rush temple in Nottingham by 100g.

We have 10 turns left for the MA, so we need to hold.

We are still thin on units. Those spears are annoying. Fortunately Russia has no iron so we don't have to face pikes or MDIs. Some trebs might be good to have.

Our leader luck is quite bad. I've had more than 10 elite wins. Hope the next player will get it better.

FP wise we can build it in York or Nottingham?

Oh by the way, Newcastle should be building a harbor instead of worker. I would also send over a couple of spears once our home is settled down.

One thing about the US government:

I didn't check it every turn. It's still Republic at the end of my turn. I think we only need to do this: at the beginning of every player's turns, he has to check the US government and revolt by the rule. But we don't have to check it every turn and revolt immediately.

nice turns microbe :goodjob: lotta rough and tumble there but it seems that we got the better of Russia. it's probably a good idea to keep pushing Russia around since they don't have iron and won't for a while. it won't be long before a harbor in Newcastle will help and then we should be in business.

do we really think that we'll win a min research run on PP @ diety, esp when everyone overseas is at tech parity? maybe we should just save the money/use the citizen instead.

By the count we have done well so far. Yes, we lost a few units, but I think Russia is close to being gassed. The problem for us is that we can't build more units than them, so we need to hold out until we can get a peace deal.

A couple of combat settlers would sit perfect right now.

gozpel said:
By the count we have done well so far. Yes, we lost a few units, but I think Russia is close to being gassed. The problem for us is that we can't build more units than them, so we need to hold out until we can get a peace deal.

A couple of combat settlers would sit perfect right now.

Yeah, greap progress!

And I wouldn't worry about the min research on PP. It's a good thing because it will be cheaper to buy, when we do decide to buy it, and it's not a big difference in income to us.

Now what's this about combat settlers? Should we send out some into the hills inside Russian territory? It would be nice to set up a kill zone deep in their turf so they don't have a chance to throw all those pillagers at our towns.

p.s. Is it time to start thinking about China? They're getting big, and they threaten our iron island outpost.

Top Bottom