Michael Jackson dead at 50

So you defend the contents of their mind....sorry, but I find that fairly disturbing.

What's in a person's mind harms no one as long as it stays in their mind.

Well, it took a few days but finally the rumours that Michael Jackson just faked his death and is alive and well is circulating.... That´s good to know! I was beginning to fear he was actually dead for real!

Well, it took a few days but finally the rumours that Michael Jackson just faked his death and is alive and well is circulating.... That´s good to know! I was beginning to fear he was actually dead for real!

Well it wouldn't have taken a genius to predict it. :p

I mean, if nearly 10 million Americans believe the moon landing could have been faked, that's a lot of gullible people to feed with conspiracy news on MJ. :)

So you defend the contents of their mind....sorry, but I find that fairly disturbing.

I don't think you can justify getting on your high horse and telling people they have the wrong opinion. It's like starting a fight over whether Britney Spears is prettier than Mylene Klass.

That's true, everyone knows Mylene is best.

I don't think you can justify getting on your high horse and telling people they have the wrong opinion. It's like starting a fight over whether Britney Spears is prettier than Mylene Klass.

Not really. I dont think their is a fight over adults having sex with children at all. Any opinion otherwise is simply not worth hearing.

Actually, I think just the opposite. Maybe if they feel bad enough about it, they will seek counseling and therapy in regards to it, so they can control it and not hurt a kid.
In general I believe making people feel like crap about themselves is not the best approach to make them become better people. Generally criminals of the worst kind see themselves as horrible beyond hope. You can condemn the action but calling a person a monster for even thinking such a thing will just drive their anger deeper & may cause them to repress it for a time but not for long.

If you had taboo thoughts that you knew everyone would judge the crap out of you for admitting would you feel comfortable going to a therapist to talk about it openly?

Not really. I dont think their is a fight over adults having sex with children at all. Any opinion otherwise is simply not worth hearing.

I say that sort of thing is dangerous. Once you stop listening to oyher people, you end up being completely ficed in your views, and so could end up doing monsterous things just bvecause you are morally stubborn. Remembert that a few hundred years ago people thought it was fact that all Jews should be killed as heretics, and anyone who said otherwise was a heretic.

Find it weird that you're yelling at narz when he says that they should be castrated.... :crazyeye:

Find it weird that you're yelling at narz when he says that they should be castrated.... :crazyeye:
People who sexually assault children should be (sexually assault anyone actually). People who admit to irrepressible fantasies about children that they do not act on & want to change should be treated with compassion. Same thing with people who harbor violent thoughts or fantasies about grand larceny.

Isn't the whole point of modern justice reformation? That's not working with your idea
Castration is reformative quite literally! ;)

Some people need a little help being reformed. First & foremost the point (in an ideal world) of the justice system is to protect the victim (and/or future victims), secondly it's to reform the criminals and IMO, thirdly it's to provide consequences for crimes (not punishments which exist purely to punish but consequences that follow the crime). You want to keep your balls - don't sexually abuse people? Kind of like, you want your freedom - don't rob people.

It's an extreme but I think sexual abuse is a plague of our society with IIRC 1 of 4 women reporting some sexual abuse in her lifetime (not sure the figure on men). Obviously the way we deal with it now isn't working (at crime preventaton).

Isn't the whole point of modern justice reformation? That's not working with your idea

Depends who you ask? :mischief: There are a lot of people who think that retribution is all that matters. And they have enough power so that rehabilitation is pretty much a non starter over here.

If you're born after Captain Eo, you're mourning time has been used up. Please shut up.

I'm tired of all these tweens mourning Micheal Jackson.

:lol: I forgot how cool I thought that was when I first saw it! :lol:

Thanks for the post! :goodjob:

I think that was in South Africa.
Maybe. Anyway the problem with sexual abuse data is that much of it goes unreported. I could give examples of things women I've known personally have told me, and AFAIK, not a single one reported it. :undecide:

I think my favorite MJ song is this.

Just watched the memorial so sad :(

I think that was in South Africa.

I just read an article in the Dutch news that says 12% of all women and 3% of all men in cities have been raped. The "in cities" criterium is pretty dubious though, I can believe that such percentages are true in some of the inner-city slums, but country-wide I expect (hope) the percentages to be much lower.

edit: sexual abuse in general was higher IIRC, but I can't find the numbers right now.

Top Bottom