Middle-earth: Lord of the Mods

don't know why but Mordor is almost invariably second rank in random maps , too .

even if this of mine is almost a pointless attempt to keep the thread hence the mod alive ...

I'm sure there are quite a few lurkers here, don't worry

ı know this will really sound real stupid , but ı too would like to play new versions if any .

With the hobbit workers, just flag them so their nationality is hidden, or make them visible.

I went through the trouble of adding more civs, but its been awhile since I've played the mod and I'm not up to date on my tweaks. And I'm on my third new computer in 3 years - although I think I now have my masterfile saved to an external hard drive.

Really I should get ahold of Weazel and ask to be part of his team so I can do 'official' editing, playtesting, and tweaking, and there is only one version available. It would be nice to have a finished product. This is still the BEST MOD EVER!!!

If he's game, I'm game, and if someone else wants to volunteer for cyclopedia entries, lore research... .

I see he is still around. What do you think Weazel? Email me if you want to discuss using me, and how.

Hidden nationality workers (or any capturable unit) are not a good idea, it introduces a really odd bug where they can occupy the same tile as an enemy without being captured or engaged.

There is no team to join anymore unfortunately. I think I'm the only one who still monitors this thread and even I don't play Civ3 anymore. I've toyed with the idea of adapting it to a War of the Ring or War of the Jewels scenario but I just don't have the time or inclination to get back into the game these days. However you are perfectly welcome to do whatever you like with the mod. It has always been a grassroots project. I'm glad people are still enjoying it.

Ok. Good to know.

Then I guess I'll poke around with my most recent version and try to get a list of changes I've made, and readd the last few civs, and so forth.

Won't be before next week though, as my daughter is joining me for a long weekend.

But keep posting comments and known issues, and we fans of the mod can decide on fixes and changes together and implement them.

One off the bat is whether the changes made should reflect the map with preplaced cities or not, or maybe just have two versions, one mod with the cities, one without. The size of the map, % of land, number of cities, and culture make a HUGE difference in regards to what works for settlers, other units, and wonders.

any improvement on what ı tend to play exclusively these days is most wellcome . And allow me to preempt any work that there should be a limit to a ready made map size . Agonistes here has a version of his own that looks really tempting and the map size stops me from playing it .

Hidden nationality workers (or any capturable unit) are not a good idea, it introduces a really odd bug where they can occupy the same tile as an enemy without being captured or engaged.

but let's keep Crebain even if ı haven't figured out a way of using that .

not any claims of improvement or correction but here is a small thing ı did . Seperates City Reservoir and Apothecary functions from the Dwarfen buildings and adds two "Waterpipes" instead . Game tested and it seems ı have still stuff to learn about adding buildings but it worked for me . The first require Dwarfen Metalworks and costs something like 30 shields . The second will require the next Dwarfen building and is about 80 . Considering they can be build without relevant sciences their shield costs might be increased as well .

for those not well experienced in placement of such files the Pediaicons will go the Text Folder inside the LotM folder inside Conquests\Scenarios and the BIQ file will go the Conquests\Scenarios itself . You would be well advised to make a copy of the already existing Pediaicons file for safekeeping .

Attachments

• little update.rar
    53.3 KB · Views: 173
am trying to make a scenario and ı have already decided to use the terrain for the contrast in colours it offers . Is it possible for me to also copy the resources direct from this one (Or possibly the version Agonistes made) ? It's meant to be a beta version to kinda hook people to offer more "suitable" options .

ı was trying to get the entire resources structure , with more than 32 options already installed . To use one-single-resource-on-the-map in later versions . But then ı think .pcx files would be a good place to start . If it kinda works there is always the option to interest more capable people than me . Thanks .

thanks , even if ı keep 2 or 3 of the .rar file just in case ... Are those quick starts about later eras ? If so , ı might suggest they might also be added to the thread as well .

Top Bottom