Military advisor still slow

HAND

Armchair Philosopher
I don't like to moan, but I said the same thing about v1.21f:(..Its a little faster than before but still a big lag(about 7 seconds) from when you click to the action. If anybody doesn't have this problem please say so! :cool:

Leave the left hand side (your units) at the default setting of listing by city (ie do not relist them by type of unit) and then the right hand side (assuming you have a spy) works a bit quicker.

I cant belive they didnt fix it yet...the military advisor is my favourite BUT seems that firaxis doesn't give a damm about their customers, they think that pressing a button and having to WAIT, WAIT WAIT & WAIT is tolerable ...

The all game speed is something which is has to be improved !

I've heared the accusses of "we have to calculte what each of many units has to do..." yeah yeah yeah
But please tell me WHY the Alpha centuri didn't had this speed problems & the Civ 3 original (which itself could do better) had better performance ???

As software engineer myself i must say that: accusses doesn't make better software engineers ...:eek:

Continue with this approch for performance & i'm swere its the last time i'll ever buy a game from u (doesn't mean i wouldnt have copy ;)

I think i said a while back that in vanilla civ3(1.29), there is no lag whatsoever. I can't figure out why it should be different for PTW? Any ideas?

It feels like they tried really hard to make the game slow. I have a good deal of experience, and I don't really see why something like the military advisor should be so fantastically impossible to use. I don't notice it on my new 2.6 ghz computer until I have a huge army, but it's definetely still an issue. Maybe Firaxis just tested it on a really fast computer and didn't notice? Sounds hard to believe they could have missed it....

It MUST be a software problem if a 2.6ghz has also this problem. Then i suppose only Firaxis can sort it out...I've reinstalled the game to rule that out..I assume the ball is in Firaxis's court :( .I 'm just itching to get it sorted out.

Edit: Sorry, I replied to someone who is now perma-banned, message is not relevant. ;)

I've not yet tried to leave that screen at the default setting but I really prefer to sort my units by type. I can say that on my 833mhz system, it's still very slow. On the average, it can take up to a minute for it to cycle through and respond and that is BEFORE I plant spies. Usually after spies are planted, it is even worse. It has improved from 1.21 somewhat but still not enough. When 1.27 came out, I did go about doing a complete uninstall and reinstall but sadly, I too am afflicted by the slow military adviser screen disease. :vomit:

Hi have an pP4 2.4GHZ and, with an huge map, it take me almost 10 min for each turn, and it's a fresh install!

I really don't get it. I just wish Civ4, come soon and fix this.

Top Bottom