Minecraft

Just constructed my first semi-automated wheat & cocoa farm. Took me 5 hours, but it is an awesome feeling.
:D

Can anyone recommend some "must have" mods?
Technic is pretty nice. Although, the MC modding community is the worst ever. Most of them are a bunch of selfish entitled brats.

BTW, aren't you the guy who makes the balance mods over at Paradox?

Does anyone here feel interested in playing on a server based slightly around rival towns and a lot on roleplay? IE- a microcosm of Civ inside Minecraft.

Possibly. If you know of something like that I would like to try it.

Does anyone here feel interested in playing on a server based slightly around rival towns and a lot on roleplay? IE- a microcosm of Civ inside Minecraft.

You should check out CivCraft. The IP is untamedears.com. There's a rudimentary wiki here, and several subreddits, the main one being here.

I just started playing today, actually. You start in a random location in the 15 km radius world. Ores are concentrated in rare veins for the most part, and there are very few wild mobs (to cut down on lag). Your first problem will be food. I survived only because I spawned next to someone's large plantation and stole some wheat.

I've been building a small home with my friend in the wilderness, but I've come to understand (from browsing the reddit) that many of the major cities have been completely griefed by various groups of bandits, most notably the HCF which has invaded from their own PvP server. The result is that in some areas, the server allegedly takes on a much more anachy/PvP in the highly populated areas, rather than a peaceful, civilization building one. Interestingly, the server utilizes a mod called "Prison Pearl", with which you can imprison your enemies indefinitely. From what I've gathered, an organized resistance has been slow to form, with griefers often ruining towns AND submitting entire populations to the pearl prison, in The End. Rescue missions attempt to steal back the pearls, thus freeing their inhabitants.

There are good points however. Apparently there is an extensive road/rail network in the Nether connecting the major cities (including now abandoned ones), although I have yet to investigate. According the the Nether map I am rather far from any major city, although there is a medium sized settlement nearby that appears peaceful enough. The creator, ttk2, appears to be very intelligent from his reddit posts, and is very interested in the server as a social model, as well as how the limited veins (and ultimately limited resources overall/in the long term) leads to vast wealth inequalities.

In summary, ya'll should join. There are factions/governments that run areas, although some of the mightiest appear to have fallen. There is plenty of open wilderness still though, and I'm sure new civilizations will rise to take their places. If you want to join my friend and I's settlement feel free to PM me and I'll tell you my location. I'd rather not give out my coordinates in the thread, it would appear the results of doing so can often be quite catastrophic....:eek:

Technic is pretty nice. Although, the MC modding community is the worst ever. Most of them are a bunch of selfish entitled brats.
Will have a look at that, thanks.

BTW, aren't you the guy who makes the balance mods over at Paradox?
That depends on how that might be related to your modder quote above. :D
(hintyhint: yes)

Really looking forward to 1.5. So much so, in fact, that I downloaded the preview. And played around with it a bit. :drool:

Attachments

• 2013-01-12_15.50.56.png
    2013-01-12_15.50.56.png
    182.7 KB · Views: 296
  • 2013-01-12_15.51.13.png
    2013-01-12_15.51.13.png
    264.4 KB · Views: 288
  • 2013-01-12_15.51.33.png
    2013-01-12_15.51.33.png
    184.4 KB · Views: 284
Where are you right now? If you are interested in exploring the ruins of Civcraft, you can always comme to the Agoran University. :)

If not, I suggest going out away from civilization and then looking. That's where you might find some that hasn't been mined yet.

The server "reset" yesterday. I'm not sure if there's a new map or the old one with ruins depleted.

Stupid question, but does CivCraft mod the game, or is it Vanilla?

But can you make torches with them?
UPDATE: I've died at least 10 times today trying to find food. There aren't any mobs, not even zombies, and the cities don't have anything :(
You can join mine and Tambien's city.
Indeed, I encourae you to! We have huge communal farms, and lots of empty land that is being given away for free. All you need to do is claim a plot and build a house. PM me if you're interested.

Stupid question, but does CivCraft mod the game, or is it Vanilla?
It has some small plugins, but is pretty much vanilla. There is a sidebar link on the reddit that describes the plugins.

The server "reset" yesterday. I'm not sure if there's a new map or the old one with ruins depleted.

I'm guessing it's the old one, since I'm still in that little village I created. But, let's keep this thread for general Minecraft discussion, and croxis' server thread for his server stuff. :)

EDIT: Oh, another server, not croxis's server.

Top Bottom