Mini-NOTW II: "Making Money" - Game Thread

Thank you LightFang and thank you Diamondeye.

I'm still in shock we actually pulled that out. Yippee!

If I hadn't killed BL we would have had an extra day to work things out (right? Or had the Undercouncil stolen enough items that gave + strength to overpower the innocents anyway?). That'll teach me for listening to my feelings.

Dang it! I knew it was renata!!!!!!!

Yeah, I was looking for the undercouncil to join them, whops. :p

Who killed oyzar? Niklas had a poison ring, but he was on oyzars team so I doubt he was it.

Krill killed me... At that point i knew that renata and lightfang were the wolves. Pretty amazed by how renata managed to survive the day after she got scanned...

I had full control over the game(as winston remarked at one point "it seems too easy), until krill killed me out of nowhere :(. Since Niklas could poision I didn't expect one of the innocents to be poisioned as well...

The start of game was rather weird for me. Started out with what the heck do we do now? We are wolves that can't kill? Basically like innocents that will show up guilty on a scan... That seemed like a massive disadvantage. Combined with the fact that i had no abilities, it seemed like we were in a rough spot. I talked to Niklas a bit and we managed to send some pm's to bratmon(though sadly he never came on msn which made communication a lot worse than it could have been).

The sense of didn't know what to do didn't last long however. Bananalee aproached me rather quickly claiming to be a prophet that could scan for anything. He also had info that all the guards were not among the killers. Of course i just wanted him to find the killers so i never suggested to him to scan for anything but "did x have something to do with the killings". At the start he supposedly could ask any yes/no question, but after i talked a bit with diamondeye he changed his ability(which also confirmed it to me) to only being able to scan one person per night. If he could have asked about multiple people at a time that would be way more powerful than a normal prophet. As it turns out first night he scans Niklas(no surprise there), and scans for "Did he have anything to do with the killings" or something like that. At any rate the scan came up negative. From there on until i was killed I had pretty much total control over what was going on. I was unsure wether hell_hound + renata or renata + lightfang were the wolves the last day, but as niklas was inactive(busy with work) I never got to discuss with him wether we should change the bandwagon from hell_hound to renata.

Krill killed me... At that point i knew that renata and lightfang were the wolves. Pretty amazed by how renata managed to survive the day after she got scanned...

Well that was mostly because of you. by then we had two false negatives from the scan and I just didn't trust DE enough anymore.

Yah. I trusted oyzar as far as I could throw him.

I was right, he was a wolf. My mistake was thinking there was only one wolf faction...now I know not to trust GMs so much.

Well played to Renata, that was incredibly ballsy post to get yourself out of the noose.

More like desperate. I had the moonsugar. :) LF had stolen it, but I had asked for it as means to a cover story that I never got the chance to put into play. And DE's rule about daytime item passes meant I couldn't just hand it over to him once I was accused in hopes he could get a victory for us on his own. I had to try something, to just live another night.

LightFang and I had figured from the beginning that it was very, very likely that one of us (if not both!) would be scanned fairly early on, so since we knew of the brigands, it was always our intention to try to frame the prophet as being one of them if we were called out. When it actually did happen, circumstances made it seem more believable to go for Undercouncil/Nightwatch prophet instead, so that's what I did.

A summary of our night actions:

Night One: LF killed CCRunner. My suggestion, but I can't quite remember why. I "scanned" Tasslehoff, partially to make sure he wasn't a threat to us, but also as a means to trying to set him up as a scapegoat for down the road.

Night Two: I killed Sepuku, while LF stole his items. Sepuku had told me an hour or two before the update that he had the moonsugar, which is what sealed his fate; previously we were just going to steal the bow and arrows, to try to establish that we needed to know what a thing was before we could steal it. (We didn't need to know.)

Night Three: LightFang killed KingMorgan (his choice); I "scanned" Niklas because of his sob story about the diamonds from Day 1 -- thought he was covering for being a smuggler. It didn't tell me much of note except for including the word "greedy", which I did think would make sense for a brigand. But it wasn't much to go on.

Night Four: I killed Niklas; LightFang tried a theft from Kulko in hopes of gaining another weapon. I'm not sure what I/we were thinking here with regards to the theft; we didn't even know we could win by strength at that point. It was more that we had no clue where the devilweed was, and wanted to go for something that was closer to a sure bet. In any case we came up empty. As for Niklas, I did have some small suspicion that he was a brigand, but not enough of one to even mention it to LF as a rationale for killing him. We killed him primarily because it fit the lies I was already planning to tell at some point and secondarily because he seemed suspicious of both LF and me.

Night Five: Well, you all know what happened there.

Night One: LF killed CCRunner. My suggestion, but I can't quite remember why.
:( I thought you were a nice person! :cry:

It was probably for the best anyway. I'm stretched thin with S&F and NotW as it is unfortunately. Well, I'm not now but I was back when I died.

Be careful of what you wish for, you might get it.

:( I thought you were a nice person! :cry:

It was probably for the best anyway. I'm stretched thin with S&F and NotW as it is unfortunately. Well, I'm not now but I was back when I died.
Where was the wish in there? To the wolves/mark-- I'm not stretched anymore so please don't take it upon yourself to unburden me. :p

I was first reading this in e-mail form on the bus. At certain times, the phone cuts it off to prevent the message from using all resources. It stopped at the most dramatic places.

Also, I lied about my ability, my goal was to get the bow, but I needed a reason to request it.

I hearty congratulations to Renata and LightFang. Had Krill not killed oyzar when he did, or you not killed me when you did, you would have lost. I tried my utmost to appear unthreatening to Renata after oyzar died, but to no avail. You played a great game, with just the right pinch of luck in the help from Krill. :thumbsup:

My congratulations to the Nightwatch as well.

To all the innocents; I'm sorry for deserting you that quickly. If I'd been around I might've stalled them a bit depending on how suspicious I'd have been to the Nightwatch...

First off, a HUGE thanks to Diamondeye for hosting this game. It was intense.

A HUGE thanks to Renata too. She was the brains of this entire operation. No joke, either. Without her, likely I would have lost.

Ouch, that really hurts.

Should have listened more to BLee and just kill Renata to be sure. But after all my other contacts had proved to be brigands I didn't want the only other person to reply to my messages to die.

I did distrust LFs story, but i thought a scan tonight was good enough.

Lucky me. I knew I was coming up for a scan next. :p

Pretty amazed by how renata managed to survive the day after she got scanned...

Me too. That was a freaking miracle.

--

I DON'T GET PAULUS's role whatsoever. I'll wait for the innocent PMs to come up.

--

I also thought you'd be interested in the "cover PM" that we came up for me. Renata did most of the work. :p

Spoiler :
Role: Spices Trader
Strength: 1
Victory Condition: Trade Guild – Secure the mithril vest for the Guild and survive to the end of the game. (If the vest is in your possession at the end of the game, you will automatically “survive”.) [Insert here the information from our PMs about hell_hound possessing the vest; it gives you reason to have voted for him and removes the need for you to have used a “scan” on such a “nobody”.]
Ability: Cook the Books -- You have in your possession codified information on every member of the caravan. Unfortunately, it's too dangerous to read it in daylight, and the code is complex enough that it takes at least two days to decipher the information on a single person. [You checked Niklas first, on Night 2; you can easily claim Tasslehoff for tonight, since you’re still “ignorant” of anything to do with the mysteries of the last update.]
Item: Knife (+1 strength) You may use your knife to kill one person during the course of the game. Anyone who owns the mithril vest cannot be killed by you.
Personal Goal: Eliminate the Nightwatch. [If it gets to that point, you can tell people you had to ask DE what the heck a Nightwatch was, heh.]

You are an Agent for the Trade Guild of Kwythellar, sent to keep tabs on the caravan. The Trade Guild has received information that several of the caravan’s merchants are smuggling contraband goods; however, the Guild is only interested in one of them: a mithril vest that is currently in the possession of the Armor Trader. You must obtain the vest and return safely with it to Kwythellar.

The attack on the caravan’s guide complicates matters. Not only are you in danger yourself, but due to your background you can hardly fail to see the hand of the Nightwatch in anything that goes wrong with trade, anywhere. You were a member of that criminal organization yourself, once, before you learned better. Now your skills are put to use against them. You suspect there may be a Nightwatch member among the caravan, and it is your desire to see them dead. Just be careful they don’t frame you as one of them! [Feel free to re-write this paragraph along similar lines; I’m feeling a little brain dead.]

You were a bit surprised at first to see that you’d been sent along on a caravan that already had an official Trade Guild representative present, but a short observation of him revealed the likely reason why: the man is completely ineffectual; he serves as nothing more than a convenient distraction from your presence. Still, you wish you’d been told.

--

Nicky, why'd you never respond to my PM? That made me incredibly suspicious of you. That plus Renata's innate suspicion pretty much sealed your death, bro.

Just to clear things up a bit, LightFang. I was not willing to put my life at stake for the caravan goods, and was strong enough to save myself.

Diamondeye said:
Role: Tools trader
Strength: 2
Victory Condition: Caravan: Elliminate all threats to the caravan or: see personal goal/ability
Ability: Toughness: You have a chance of evading death in whatever form you might encounter it in, Escape: If you manage to get your hands on a weapon, you're sure you can take enough care of yourself in the wilderness to get back to Kwythellar alive, by your own.
Item(s): None
Personal Goal: Aquire a weapon and escape the caravan before you are killed.

Background Story: Perhaps the only man on this caravan who has ever done an honest piece of work, having worked your way from the very button as a toolsmith to your current status as tool trader. But you have not lost the toughness that hard physical work gives, and you'd deem your odds of making it out alive if you could somehow aquire a weapon pretty good. Better than staying with a bunch of greedy merchants and mercenaries mixed with one or more killers, at least.

Unlike most of the other merchants, you seem to have realized that the cargo on this caravan is not worth dying for - you've worked your way from the bottom and up here once, and you are sure that you could do so again, should you need to leave your wares behind and escape.
Actually, you only joined the caravan because the Kwythellar Trade Guild, which is very fond of your honest work, asked you to it. And you can't really say no to those people - that might hurt your business more than the risk of emminent death out here.

Nicky, why'd you never respond to my PM? That made me incredibly suspicious of you. That plus Renata's innate suspicion pretty much sealed your death, bro.
Because it made me terribly suspicious of you, that's why. And later when Renata gave me pretty much the same story that you did, only claimed not to have talked to you during the game, I knew you two were up to no good. Too bad I died before I got a chance to use that. The idea was to lynch Renata (after BL's scan) and poison Lighty with the ring.

Top Bottom