MNAI-U: unofficial build & bugfixes

The mouseover help text on the BUG page for scoreboard power options is false. It says that power ratio is available only with advanced tactics, which is wrong; and for the specific numbers (like 0.8) it says it functions as "equal to or greater\lesser", but it actually works only as greater\lesser than.

Will you make it so that no civilization besides the Grigori starts with pacifism as its civic? It has literally no benefit until Mysticism or Festivals and the AI doesn't know to switch out of it at the start of the game, so this design choice that Kael presumably left in for "flavor" doesn't do anything except cause some civs when controlled by the AI to have less production with no benefit; and I think that's valid to consider a bug within the scope of an ai mod.

The BUG option show khazad vault status does nothing.
Edit: It started working after I reloaded the game.

Last edited:
Will you make it so that no civilization besides the Grigori starts with pacifism as its civic? It has literally no benefit until Mysticism or Festivals and the AI doesn't know to switch out of it at the start of the game, so this design choice that Kael presumably left in for "flavor" doesn't do anything except cause some civs when controlled by the AI to have less production with no benefit; and I think that's valid to consider a bug within the scope of an ai mod.
Sounds reasonable, I'll look into it.

I have noticed that I get a crash to desktop whenever I capture a city using a group of units attacking from a water tile, at least when some of those units don't have water walking but are summons or units captured by Domination by a caster that does have water walking or is loaded in a ship. If I separate the group and try to attack with the units one by one, then the game won't crash and some of the units that had been in a group will be ejected to the nearest land tile when a prior unit takes the city.

I consistently get crashes/execution errors whenever I'm starting the game up after it goes to the main menu on 2.9.1u and not on earlier versions of the game mod (as in, nothing apparently wrong with the game install since it works with 2.9 and other mods without this issue). After the usual splash loading mini-pop-up is complete and goes away, the screen will show the Civ 4 mouse cursor as normal and you can move it around however long you want, but the screen will be black. As soon as you click, about 1 second of the main theme music will play then the program will ask to Normal/Full/No Dump and force close while frozen and the music stops immediately whether you select an option or not. The message is "Program Execution Problem" that says, "This program has encountered a problem and needs to be closed. Do you wish to save a diagnostic file?" The message after selecting Normal/Full will then display: "Saved dump file to 'C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Civ4BeyondSword.exe.dmp' The dmp files of Normal/Full are too big to upload on the site apparently. It will do this between 20-33% of the time. (It does not always occur.) There is also no instability in the game and everything seems to work correctly in the program as far as I can tell.

Yeah, hard to say anything without a dump file. So you're saying sometimes you can start the game and then it runs fine?
Yes, this is exactly the case. Today I have attempted to start the game 6 times and it has failed 5 times before starting up the 6th. Then everything works perfectly and the game runs fine with no signs of any bugs or glitches as far as I can tell. I think I have finally got a *.dmp file small enough to post from one of them (but usually even the normal *.dmp files from this error are impossibly huge in size).

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.dmp.7z
    761.2 KB · Views: 16
Gargoyles can capture cities. It happened at the end turn of the attached save, but reloading it produces inconsistent results. Are they not completely blocked from capturing but given some modifier that diminishes over time?
The BUG option to sentry or not while healing doesn't do anything. It's always enabled regardless of whether it's turned on or not.

Attachments

• AutoSave_TURN-0415.CivBeyondSwordSave
    477.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Gargoyles can capture cities. It happened at the end turn of the attached save, but reloading it produces inconsistent results. Are they not completely blocked from capturing but given some modifier that diminishes over time?
The BUG option to sentry or not while healing doesn't do anything. It's always enabled regardless of whether it's turned on or not.
Looks like that poor Gargoyle didn't know any other way to go. For the next version, barbarian Animal-AI units (including Gargoyles) will always be prevented from entering cities.

playing on v0.6.0-beta7

edit: er, wrong thread this is EMM lmao

Attachments

• setbackbuggy.png
    setbackbuggy.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Something extremely frustrating about playing Kuriotates: when for some reason your Settlements start mixing into your Cities, you can no longer quickly rotate between Cities 1-X because the settlements get in between you and easy management of your Cities. While Settlements largely have nothing whatsoever to manage in the City screen, save that they can give some benefit for your Civilization as a whole by working one tile if it yields sufficient Commerce, and there is no other easy way to keep track of what buildings were previously built there and how much the total Commerce/Gold/Science/Culture contributions are...the vast majority of turns switching through a bunch of Settlements is a complete waste of time that really can slow down Multiplayer (and to some extent even Single Player just in terms of sheer number of keystrokes or button presses it takes to finish a turn). It would be wonderful if the game re-prioritized City order so that you can always get through your Cities first, then Settlements. I've tried even in Single Player World Builder, erasing Cities/Settlements, restarting the game, putting Cities in new spots, etc. and I cannot figure out how it allocates and how to trick it into re-allocating for new Cities. In the base game, of course, this is never an issue. It would also be really fantastic if you could hide part of the UI to see all three tiles of your Cities to work them all rather than having to play games with the global defaults to get it just right (which then only works on one screen resolution at a time), but at least that's something you can work around unlike having to resort to double-clicking each of your big Cities late game just to get in and out of what you need to do each turn.

So I know there are active plans to revise how Revolutions/Stability works, so maybe this is redundant, but I did notice something strange (wrong?) about how the national Culture Rate affects stability. It seems like turning the Culture Rate up actually causes Instability, rather than Stability, to the civilization.

It looks like it's supposed to interact with National Stability (as opposed to Local Stability), but the modifier has the wrong sign. For National Stability, effects that increase stability have negative modifiers, and effects that reduce stability have positive modifiers. But, even though Culture Rate is lumped in with positive effects, it has a positive (decrease to stability) number. This means that turning up the culture rate causes massive empire-wide instability. Which I think is the opposite of what it's supposed to do.

Also, it looks like the way National Stability is represented has some confusing signs: 0 is considered maximum instability, I guess?

I've posted two screenshots: one with Science turned all the way to maximum, the other with culture turned all the way to maximum.

1674090210012.png
1674090135148.png

If this system is getting reworked anyways then it's maybe not a big deal, but as-is in the current version of MNAI-U, I don't think it's behaving correctly.

EDIT: I was able to reverse this behavior by modifying line 1160 of RevIdxUtils.py to return negative iCultIdx instead of the regular value, causing culture rate to increase stability instead of decreasing it.

Last edited:
Hello. It seems that body mana spells do not work? Or am I missing something?
Can you be more specific about what "do not work" means in this context? Are the spells failing to apply their respective buffs to units? Bear in mind that only living units qualify for Haste or Regeneration; are you trying to apply these effects to demons/undead/golems/etc.?

There's also a change (not sure if it's been documented) that certain effects won't be applied to units that currently do not qualify, like Regeneration can't be applied to units that are at full health, and if there are no units in the stack that currently qualify for a spell (i.e. all units are at full health) then it's impossible to cast the spell. Is this what you're observing?

It didn't work in a situation where it was supposed to work. It was the first adept with the spell. Anyway, I reloaded the game today and it now works. Maybe a rare bug. I'll post a save if it happens again.

Btw, does Ifgr of anybody else have versions of previous Tholal patches? Serious question. Thanks.

It didn't work in a situation where it was supposed to work. It was the first adept with the spell. Anyway, I reloaded the game today and it now works. Maybe a rare bug. I'll post a save if it happens again.

Btw, does Ifgr of anybody else have versions of previous Tholal patches? Serious question. Thanks.
How far back do you want to go? These are post-May 2020:
And these are pre-May 2020:

Top Bottom