[MOD] Ein Platz an der Sonne

mod sounds cool.

just looking at the screens though and found some historical inaccuracy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_gun

the machine gun wasn't invented until 1884. i'm a history major (for what that's worth) and i seem to recall that ww1 was the first extensive use of the machine gun. ww1 was of course the end of imperial germany until hitler.

im stoked you're modding though.

edit: it says the american government sold some early versions of the gattling gun to foreign nations, so loophole i guess

Yes I know, you are right but the mod is still far from finish. When it will be ready it will run until 1914 or later that means I 'll give the kings-troops the european uniforms of early WW1. Be seen through the period I think it is ok that I use the MG08.

But thank you very much for your comments, so I can make the Mod better :)

Do you have any ideas what citiy names should be taken for the French, British and German cities. There are some historical (Esat London, Groß Friedrichsburg or Pointe Noire) i can take, but i think that is not enough. Thinking I'll take some fictive Names like New Berlin or New Paris. Do you have any suggestions :confused:

Edit:

I'll take the citie names and province names which the 3 European Countries owned in 1914, think that would be the best....

I got this Message from Brideshead:

May 31, 2009 at 06:51 PM I really like this -particularly the requirement to get horses/guns to start building.

One question; I've tried to buy a couple of boats in Europe but it won't let me send them back to the New World -is that deliberate or a bug?

It is a bug, I dont know why because i have taken the modified Dll from

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=320051.

The other vanilla scenarios are working with the modiefied Dll :confused:, anyone knows the problem?
It isnt really cool when you can't send your ships to Africa again :cry:

Do you have any ideas what citiy names should be taken for the French, British and German cities. There are some historical (Esat London, Groß Friedrichsburg or Pointe Noire) i can take, but i think that is not enough. Thinking I'll take some fictive Names like New Berlin or New Paris. Do you have any suggestions :confused:

Edit:

I'll take the citie names and province names which the 3 European Countries owned in 1914, think that would be the best....

Hmmm, the problem stems from the fact that the average city count in any Stadt probably was greater than all of the cities in Equatorial Africa prior to WWII. they're going to have to be fictional so call them whatever you like.

V 1.1
released
- some new unit buttons for the playable Civilization.
- added real city names for all Civilizations.
- some new City-Management buttons for the playable Units

Didn't Portugal have colonies in Africa by 1881?

I want to make Portugal next, but creating the units will take some time :sad:

Edit:

I searched the WWW for some Portuguesean Uniform Pics of the Era but didnt find anything. Perhaps someone can help me find some Uniform pics??....

Also I believe Belgium had a colony in the Congo during the 1880's. I've found this website with pictures of historical sketches and paintings. I've also found drawings of Belgium military uniforms from 1880-1895 in the website.

Belgium infantry in 1882 (Civic guard)
belgium_infantry.jpg
index.jpg

Belgium Cavalry 1880 (2nd Regiment)
belgium_cavalry.jpg

Belgium Grenadiers 1883
Belgium_Grenadiers.jpg
Grenadiers with the General
grenadiers2.jpg

Belgium General and Officers 1895
general.jpg

Line Infantry 1888
belgium_line_Infantry.jpg
belgium_Line_Inf2.jpg
Belgium.jpg

Belgium army 1883
army.jpg

EDIT: added more pictures

Vesion 1.2 released

- Unitname Canon/Artillery changed to Machinegun
- New flags for England and France
- New units for the european troops (France, Germany and England)

I was playing Ein Platz in der Sonne Version and got a weird bug, I don't think it had anything to do with your mod, but I thought I'd share it with you since I found it funny.

The AI obviously isn't prevented from starting wars in the first 20 turns, because on turn 18 Khedive of Egypt asked me to help eradicate the Germans. I thought it was a great opportunity to snuff them out in the earliest part of the game, but no...

By turn 31, the English had respawned 12 times (I kept sinking them with a privateer) and my diplomacy had taken a hit. Suddenly England was both the enemy and the friend of Egypt, as well as being the "friend" for every culture that had never met them.

Firaxis dropped the ball on this patch with regard to the 20 turns no war thing...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 304
I was playing Ein Platz in der Sonne Version and got a weird bug, I don't think it had anything to do with your mod, but I thought I'd share it with you since I found it funny.

The AI obviously isn't prevented from starting wars in the first 20 turns, because on turn 18 Khedive of Egypt asked me to help eradicate the Germans. I thought it was a great opportunity to snuff them out in the earliest part of the game, but no...

By turn 31, the English had respawned 12 times (I kept sinking them with a privateer) and my diplomacy had taken a hit. Suddenly England was both the enemy and the friend of Egypt, as well as being the "friend" for every culture that had never met them.

Firaxis dropped the ball on this patch with regard to the 20 turns no war thing...

oh, that is really interesting.

Maybe I've to program the Egypts still a little bit. Unfortunately for now I havent much time, but I think in autumn I'll make a new version of Ein Platz an der Sonne with some cool new features :)

I don't know how interested you would be, but given that this is kind of a "Colonization of Africa" mod, you might be. Anyway, I recently converted the Oasis mapscript from Civ 4 to Col (renaming it "NorthAfrica"). It simulates basically the North African coast, the Sahara, and a "lowlands" region with jungle and marsh.

It seems like it might fit this mod's theme for your next release in the fall.

I don't know how interested you would be, but given that this is kind of a "Colonization of Africa" mod, you might be. Anyway, I recently converted the Oasis mapscript from Civ 4 to Col (renaming it "NorthAfrica"). It simulates basically the North African coast, the Sahara, and a "lowlands" region with jungle and marsh.

It seems like it might fit this mod's theme for your next release in the fall.

That sounds great. I'll try to use it for the next Ein Platz an der Sonne, tahnk you :)

Top Bottom