[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

This mod is sooo hard to make work without the Steam version, beginning to think it doesn't even work.

Just errors when launching, my BtS folder doesn't even have a second list of "beyond the sword" or anything like that. No it's not a pirated version it's a disc version.
1) Do you have CivIV Complete (or a similar bundle version)?
2) Have you updated your game to the latest patch (3.19)? (Steam does for you automatically, so you might've forgotten this for the disc version... and *don't* trust the in-game updater, it's dodgy.)
3) You should have have it the right folder, the installer takes care of that - but if you want to doublecheck, it needs to be in the mods-folder that also contains the folders "NextWar", "Afterworld" etc., i.e. the other mods that come with BtS.

Cheers, LT.

Wow this mod is damn hard lol. Just started a game on Erebus as Sheahim (?) and im getting rushed by barbarians through some mountainway. Then i have no place to expand, next to him are some dwarfes that are hording 30 warriors and wood golems. Difficult mod.

Wow this mod is damn hard lol. Just started a game on Erebus as Sheahim (?) and im getting rushed by barbarians through some mountainway. Then i have no place to expand, next to him are some dwarfes that are hording 30 warriors and wood golems. Difficult mod.

Sounds like you just got a cramped start position. Makes for an interesting game. But that shouldn't be considered how *all* games are.

I dont think its a cramped position. The map layout looks like it was premade, especially the pathway between the mountains leading to central place with hordes of barbs. Its meant that way i think.

The Erebus map is always like that... Tiny valleys connected with small paths, vastly different terrains in different valleys, etc.

I DESPISE the map. :lol: I use Erebus Continent. Available here. Just keep in mind, it CAN take a while for the map to initialize (Just like Perfect World, which it's partially based on... Or rather, FaireWeather, which is based on PW.).

MountainCoast is another good FFH 2 specific mapscript that's less restrictive than Erebus. It still has mountain ranges, but ones with less narrow valleys.

This mod is sooo hard to make work without the Steam version, beginning to think it doesn't even work.

Just errors when launching, my BtS folder doesn't even have a second list of "beyond the sword" or anything like that. No it's not a pirated version it's a disc version.

Start a thread in this forum:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=281

Give more details if you can.

It worked.:rotfl:Thanks a lot

I've asked this question before, but didn't get any answers.:huh:

How can I change the background picture of the Menu in my own mod?
I don't have an animated picture, but a normal one.

Could some one replay please, or at lest say that no one knows.

Thanks anyway.

Main menus aren't hard to do, but you DO need a nif editor. I use nifskope.

First, go into XML/Art. Two files are important here... ArtDefines_Interface, where you define the path to the background, and Civ4MainMenus, where you create the actual menu, set the music, and all of that good stuff.

Here's the code for my menu:
Spoiler ArtDefines_Interface :
Code:
<InterfaceArtInfo>
	<Type>MAINMENU_SCENE_STEAMPUNK</Type>
	<Path>Art/Interface/Main Menu/Steampunk/CIV4MainMenuBG.nif</Path>
</InterfaceArtInfo>
Spoiler MainMenus :
Code:
<MainMenu>
	<Type>MAIN_MENU_STEAMPUNK</Type>
	<Description>Steampunk</Description>
	<Scene>MAINMENU_SCENE_STEAMPUNK</Scene>
	<SceneNoShader>MAINMENU_SCENE_STEAMPUNK</SceneNoShader>
	<Soundtrack>AS2D_MACHINARUM1_LOOP</Soundtrack>
	<Loading>MAINMENU_LOAD_BTS</Loading>
	<LoadingSlideshow>MAINMENU_SLIDESHOW_LOAD_BTS</LoadingSlideshow>
</MainMenu>

Now you just need the actual background... Your image will end up measuring 1024x1024 (Or at least mine did, as do the FfH menus... Not sure if those measurments are necessary or not), but will have a black border on the bottom. Approximately 1024x265, not sure on specifics or even if it's needed. I just know all FfH backgrounds have it, so I used it. :lol:

Once you have your image, open up the background nif (Found in Art\Interface\Main Menu\Whatever), open the nodes until you come to number 72, which should (to the right) show the name of the background image. Replace the name with that of your own image, and you're done. Save it, place both the image and the nif in a new folder with all other .dds images from the first (civtitle, civtitle2, glare), and make sure your artdefine points to the correct folder. Load up the game, and see your menu in action. ;)

If you want your menu to be default, simply list it before all other menus in MainMenus.

Thanks Valkrionn for your help
and thanks deanej for your idea.

Got a new question.

Is there a programm with which I can desing my own units?
And if yes, were do I find it?

Got a new question.

Is there a programm with which I can desing my own units?
And if yes, were do I find it?

Do you mean art or just a unit with new stats?

If the first, I'm no help. If the second, it's xml and can be done easily with Notepad... Though Notepad++ is better.

Yes I ment; how to creat a new graphics for units.

Thanks Valkironn for the improvision of my question.

Can anyone else help me, perhaps?

I have a strategy problem, would be great if someone could help me out!

I'm playing as wood elves (can't remember name) and went for nature religion, archery, and mages tech wise. Now I'm being overrun by horse archers and it seems there is nothing I can do to counter them. There isn't enough forest to block my cities with satyrs, so I thought "I know! I'll get war elephants! They have +50% vs mounted units."

So I traded away an arm and a leg to get ivory, quickly researched horsemen, and... now I can't build war elephants or upgrade them from anything?? My next idea was spearmen or pikemen or something but I can't see anything in the tech tree.

How do you defend against horse archers?

I have a strategy problem, would be great if someone could help me out!

I'm playing as wood elves (can't remember name) and went for nature religion, archery, and mages tech wise. Now I'm being overrun by horse archers and it seems there is nothing I can do to counter them. There isn't enough forest to block my cities with satyrs, so I thought "I know! I'll get war elephants! They have +50% vs mounted units."

So I traded away an arm and a leg to get ivory, quickly researched horsemen, and... now I can't build war elephants or upgrade them from anything?? My next idea was spearmen or pikemen or something but I can't see anything in the tech tree.

eventually, i am not too sure, take the offensive?
sometimes, offense is the best defense :)
other than that, no idea, didnt stumble onto such problems ...

War elephants can only be upgraded from captured elephants.

Horse archers are a fairly cheap tech on the 6th(?) tier of the tech tree, so if you took a nature/archery route, by the time they become a problem you could have access to:

Longbowmen: Same cost, +25% city +25% hill defence, 30% defensive strike, 6/7/8 strength depending on metals available.

Druids: 8 strength + nature affinity but twice the cost and limited.

Rangers: 7 strength but slightly higher cost.

Champions: Same cost, 6/7/8 strength depending on metals available.

None of them are going to have any trouble defending against horse archers. The longbowmen sound best suited for your needs and civilisation choice.

Yes I ment; how to creat a new graphics for units.

Thanks Valkironn for the improvision of my question.

Can anyone else help me, perhaps?

Please:please:help

Top Bottom