[MOD] Fall from Heaven

Too bad you got 4001

Yes, it may be the 4001th post, but it's still the 4000th reply, so I'm quite satisfied.

However, with the increasing popularity of this mod, it won't be long before only the intervals of 10000 will be worth taking any notice of.

Post 4004!
^
It is much cooler!

Anyway, any news on scenarios for this mod?

elhoim said:
Post 4004!
^
It is much cooler!

Anyway, any news on scenarios for this mod?

I dont plan on making any anytime soon. I do have some planned but I need all the phase 2 stuff before I can do them.

I am hoping that others make some scnerios once 1.0 ships. I want to play them!

- Kael

ps. You name is almost the name of one of the civs in phase 2 (elohim). Woot for you!

clut said:
I played version 0.7 of this mod, and have just downloaded the latest, but before I play, I have to say I was a little overwhelmed in 0.7 with the vast amount of changes. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that someone has put the time and effort into doing this, but I feel like I'm now playing a game with no instructions, and no doubt even more new features have been added since 0.7

I loved the idea of being able to tame the animals, but never found it in 0.7, so I still don't know how to do it. I'm not looking for an answer to that question however. Is there a manual somewhere that documents the new gameplay aspects??

Talchas came to the rescue. He modified the schema on the promotions to add a new field for descriptions and changed the the pedia screen to display them. There will be more descriptive entries for all the spells and unusual promotions in 1.0.

Woot Talchas!

Kael said:
The computer selects 3 random endgame units, then builds as close to it as it can. So for your horsemen it may have picked knights, been unable to build then so it steps down to horse archers, been unable to build them so it steps down to horsemen. The progression is opposite the upgrade patchs since it works from the top down instead of the bottom up.

It also only uses the tech to decide what it can and cant build. It ignores buildings or resources needed.

Dear Kael,

I checked this again. This time the commander recruited horsemen although chariots were researched and the appropriate building was build in the city the commander was used in. Horsemen are manually upgradeable to chariots so i think the commander is intended to build these instead. Has anyone else encountered this?

(edit for typos)

ok a while back i talk about my friend having problems with letters missing in game

he reinstalled 4 to 5 times and this is what he gets

You name is almost the name of one of the civs in phase 2 (elohim).

It actually is a derivate from Elohim, which is God or Gods in ancient hebrew. :)

i been thinking. kael has worked on this game alot. some others have helped. most of us have just enjoyed it.
Kael is refusing some of the high honors and such but i notice the polite request he has given over and over... "make your scenario map for when version 1.0 comes out, and make a nice scenario so i can play it."
that isnt asking for much, but i reckon its asking for the best thing. Its interesting that someone who creates and really loves a world wants more than anything to see what the creative spark in other beings would do to make that world interesting.
Isnt this really the best relationship that a Creator can have with the created? Not 'its mine and no one else can have any creativity within it', but instead 'its for you to make something good with it'.
Words fail me, my friends. i will only say that sometimes we glimpse the image of the Divine in each other from the most unexpected places...in new ways... and long after its supposedly been proven that there is no such thing.

But to the matter at hand. Us non-modding folks who for years played a fantasy game which also had our hand-made campaign maps should dig those out of the attic and get to work. Dont you all agree?
And kael, if you will help just a bit even i might try to take the old gameworld (from 20 years ago and we had played it for 8 years) and make a scenario.

Kael said:
I did use a lot of music from Eclipse and I think they may have remixed some of the HOMM tracks. Several people have recognized a lot of the music as HOMM music so there must be some link. I am just unaware of exactly what it is.

Definitely something that sounds like a remixed HOMM track, maybe HOMM4 though.

Me, I like the sorceress city track from HOMM2 :D

On to problem I have encountered. The ranger is supposed to be able to pass impassable terrain, however he doesn't seem to be able to do so, I try to send him onto a peak and no go, try to send him onto ice and no go.

Also, is the ancient temple supposed to be implemented yet? My ranger is supposedly also supposed to be able to explore said temple, however I found one and can do nothing with it. Does it need to be in my own territory? (it's in my ally's territory so maybe that is the problem, if it is a tile improvement to explore temple..)

Let me see what I can do to get the flags closer to the civ color.

Nice :) Would you be likely to change anything there that would patch .95, or just your later versions?

azzacanth said:
Definitely something that sounds like a remixed HOMM track, maybe HOMM4 though.

Me, I like the sorceress city track from HOMM2 :D

On to problem I have encountered. The ranger is supposed to be able to pass impassable terrain, however he doesn't seem to be able to do so, I try to send him onto a peak and no go, try to send him onto ice and no go.

Thats strange, my rangers go onto peaks just fine. Is anyone else havng this problem?

Also, is the ancient temple supposed to be implemented yet? My ranger is supposedly also supposed to be able to explore said temple, however I found one and can do nothing with it. Does it need to be in my own territory? (it's in my ally's territory so maybe that is the problem, if it is a tile improvement to explore temple..)

Yeah, exploring is an improvement so it has to be in your area.

Nice :) Would you be likely to change anything there that would patch .95, or just your later versions?

It would be in 1.0. What flags would you most like to see changed?

azzacanth said:

Ranger works fine for me on mountains, haven't tried ice.

Exploring temples is a tile improvement, that's why it won't work for you here.

Edit: Kael is on the ball and beat me by a whisker.. :)

O.O. Howard said:
i been thinking. kael has worked on this game alot. some others have helped. most of us have just enjoyed it.
Kael is refusing some of the high honors and such but i notice the polite request he has given over and over... "make your scenario map for when version 1.0 comes out, and make a nice scenario so i can play it."
that isnt asking for much, but i reckon its asking for the best thing. Its interesting that someone who creates and really loves a world wants more than anything to see what the creative spark in other beings would do to make that world interesting.
Isnt this really the best relationship that a Creator can have with the created? Not 'its mine and no one else can have any creativity within it', but instead 'its for you to make something good with it'.
Words fail me, my friends. i will only say that sometimes we glimpse the image of the Divine in each other from the most unexpected places...in new ways... and long after its supposedly been proven that there is no such thing.

But to the matter at hand. Us non-modding folks who for years played a fantasy game which also had our hand-made campaign maps should dig those out of the attic and get to work. Dont you all agree?
And kael, if you will help just a bit even i might try to take the old gameworld (from 20 years ago and we had played it for 8 years) and make a scenario.

I am definitly around to answer questions, I cant promise help writing code or adding stuff since Im pretty busy working on phase 2. But Im happy to explain whats going on behind the scenes for people making scenerios.

Dragonlord said:
Ranger works fine for me on mountains, haven't tried ice.

Exploring temples is a tile improvement, that's why it won't work for you here.

Edit: Kael is on the ball and beat me by a whisker.. :)

:D :D

Furin said:
Dear Kael,

I checked this again. This time the commander recruited horsemen although chariots were researched and the appropriate building was build in the city the commander was used in. Horsemen are manually upgradeable to chariots so i think the commander is intended to build these instead. Has anyone else encountered this?

(edit for typos)

Im guessing that Stirrups weren't researched and the computer was trying to make a horse archer. So the computer first checks to see if it can build a horse archer (do you have stirrups?) and it cant so it drops down to a horseman (do you have horseback riding?) and it can so it builds that.

The code looks like this:

Code:
	def FFHgetRecruit(self, pCity):

pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(pCity.getOwner())
		eTeam = gc.getTeam(pPlayer.getTeam())
		iRand = CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Bob")
		iUnit = -1
		if iRand <= 10:
			iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_SCOUT')
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_HUNTING')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_HUNTER')
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_ANIMAL_HANDLING')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_RANGER')
		elif iRand <= 20:
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_HUNTING')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_HUNTER')
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_POISONS')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_ASSASSIN')
		elif iRand <= 30:
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_HORSEBACK_RIDING')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_HORSEMAN')
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_STIRRUPS')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_HORSE_ARCHER')
		elif iRand <= 40:
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_HORSEBACK_RIDING')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_HORSEMAN')
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_TRADE')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_HORSE_CHARIOT')
		elif iRand <= 50:
			iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_WARRIOR')
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_BRONZE_WORKING')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_AXEMAN')
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_IRON_WORKING')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_MACEMAN')
		elif iRand <= 60:
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_BRONZE_WORKING')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_AXEMAN')
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_METAL_CASTING')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_PIKEMAN')
		elif iRand <= 70:
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_ARCHERY')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_ARCHER')
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_FEUDALISM')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_LONGBOWMAN')
		elif iRand <= 80:
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_ARCHERY')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_ARCHER')
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_MONARCHY')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_CROSSBOWMAN')
		elif iRand <= 90:
			iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_PROPHET2')
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_WRITING')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_ADEPT')
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_SORCERY')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_MAGE')
		elif iRand <= 100:
			iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_PROPHET2')
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_WRITING')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_ADEPT')
			if eTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_SUMMONING')):
				iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_CONJURER')
		if iUnit != -1:
			newUnit = pPlayer.initUnit(iUnit, pCity.getX(), pCity.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI)

I saw Great Artist called Samawen The Ghost. That gave me thought- could you add ghost unit in phase 2? It would really nicely fit in this mod. Graphicaly, it isn't too hard to make. Use any human unit, add transparency effect like for shadow, reskin unit so that it looks white and with spooky face, and delete legs completely (It will look like it hovers over ground and also cool). Now for unit effects... I would make them unbuildable but that any unit of civ with certain state religion or with leader trait 'undead' (Later one is easier to program), if killed has 25% chance to respawn in capitol as a ghost (Or maybe give 10% chance + 5% per level). Ghosts should be weak but invisible, can travel rival territory, ignore movement costs, and have investigate city ability. So it is like ultimate scout/spy available to certain civs form the start (Saboteur is tier4 unit after all). You can also give other effects- haunt city (Constructs 'haunt' in rival city, unhappyines and lower production, can use inquisitor to get rid of this). Could have «Posses» ability, like inquisitors «command», but 100% effective and it deletes ghost if successful (Ghost takes body of defeated unit). Now since ghosts are weak, this wouldn't happen too often, but if you weaker unit with fireball before you attack, it makes sense. Kael, what do you think? AI wouldn't have problems with this unit, I suppose.

TheJopa said:
I saw Great Artist called Samawen The Ghost. That gave me thought- could you add ghost unit in phase 2? It would really nicely fit in this mod. Graphicaly, it isn't too hard to make. Use any human unit, add transparency effect like for shadow, reskin unit so that it looks white and with spooky face, and delete legs completely (It will look like it hovers over ground and also cool). Now for unit effects... I would make them unbuildable but that any unit of civ with certain state religion or with leader trait 'undead' (Later one is easier to program), if killed has 25% chance to respawn in capitol as a ghost (Or maybe give 10% chance + 5% per level). Ghosts should be weak but invisible, can travel rival territory, ignore movement costs, and have investigate city ability. So it is like ultimate scout/spy available to certain civs form the start (Saboteur is tier4 unit after all). You can also give other effects- haunt city (Constructs 'haunt' in rival city, unhappyines and lower production, can use inquisitor to get rid of this). Could have «Posses» ability, like inquisitors «command», but 100% effective and it deletes ghost if successful (Ghost takes body of defeated unit). Now since ghosts are weak, this wouldn't happen too often, but if you weaker unit with fireball before you attack, it makes sense. Kael, what do you think? AI wouldn't have problems with this unit, I suppose.

The only two ghost like units currently speced in phase 2 are Ghost Children, which are the souls of children that have been sacrificed to Mammon, and exist on the Hell map. The other is the Wraith unit which is created by a necromancy spell.

I like the idea to have ghosts haunt an area and the possess ability. We hadn't considered either of those options. Let me think about it.

I second (or third) the desire to play some scenarios once 1.0 is out. Sometimes random maps get boring and I can't wait to see what other people do with the FfH universe. :crazyeye:

woodelf said:
I second (or third) the desire to play some scenarios once 1.0 is out. Sometimes random maps get boring and I can't wait to see what other people do with the FfH universe. :crazyeye:

Did you just suggest that our mod is boring? :lol:

Top Bottom