[MOD] Realism:The Third Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe Thank you Kristine, ;)

Yeah it is hell lots of work. If there wasn't KDiff3 editor, this job would have been impossible.

But I think after this version and maybe the next one, we would really be close to our official version 1.0.

Houman

@NightRavn

I found the error:

You have forgotten to specify the Plutonium Bonus itself in CIV4BonusInfos.xml

Code:
<BonusInfo>
			<Type>BONUS_PLUTONIUM</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_BONUS_PLUTONIUM</Description>
			<Civilopedia>TTXT_KEY_BONUS_PLUTONIUM_PEDIA</Civilopedia>			<BonusClassType>BONUSCLASS_GENERAL</BonusClassType>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_BONUS_URANIUM</ArtDefineTag>
			<TechReveal>NONE</TechReveal>
			<TechCityTrade>TECH_FISSION</TechCityTrade>
			<TechObsolete>NONE</TechObsolete>
			<YieldChanges/>
			<iAITradeModifier>15</iAITradeModifier>
			<iHealth>0</iHealth>
			<iHappiness>0</iHappiness>
			<iPlacementOrder>-1</iPlacementOrder>
			<iConstAppearance>0</iConstAppearance>
			<iMinAreaSize>-0</iMinAreaSize>
			<iMinLatitude>0</iMinLatitude>
			<iMaxLatitude>0</iMaxLatitude>
			<Rands>
				<iRandApp1>0</iRandApp1>
				<iRandApp2>0</iRandApp2>
				<iRandApp3>0</iRandApp3>
				<iRandApp4>0</iRandApp4>
			</Rands>
			<iPlayer>100</iPlayer>
			<iTilesPer>0</iTilesPer>
			<iMinLandPercent>0</iMinLandPercent>
			<iUnique>0</iUnique>
			<iGroupRange>0</iGroupRange>
			<iGroupRand>0</iGroupRand>
			<bArea>0</bArea>
			<bHills>0</bHills>
			<bFlatlands>0</bFlatlands>
			<bNoRiverSide>0</bNoRiverSide>
			<bNormalize>0</bNormalize>
			<TerrainBooleans/>
			<FeatureBooleans/>
			<FeatureTerrainBooleans/>
		</BonusInfo>

Hi Guys,

I have been following this really closely and it looks great, i have been putting off playing it as i was doing really well in my current game, but as i am now getting the lack of video memory on that game i think i will start a new one and put your mod to good use.

Keep up the good work.:king:

The resources, and the reqs. for using is becoming too unbalanced.

There's now 9 or 10 resources, that becomes avilable when calendar is researched, making all of us, beeline for it.:sad:

@Tubac,

Thank you for your kind words. I will also integrate a script that closes down all the unneccessary background services in Windows XP. This might get another 100MB of free RAM to use for the game. CIV4 is very memory hungry...

@Superfly,

Good point. Can you make any suggestion to distribute them a bit more?

Thanks
Houman

Houman said:
Interesting discussion.

You needed a blacksmith in order to melt down the iron or copper and work on a blade very hard. An armory for making leather, cloth and plates for a armor or helmet. You would need much more components than just a copper or iron in order to make Classical or medieval units.

Houman

Well, the need for blacksmiths would be relative to the type of material being worked. Copper just needed someone who made a good leaf-blade weapon once and then got tasked to do it over and over.

Iron was the metal that began using expensive and special tools. Very hot fires required bellows, shaping and folding required anvils and very hard hammers, etc.

Steel for simple weapons such as swords and armour could be made the same way if charcoal was available (carbon for the steel and the much hotter fire).

Units such as legionaires, knights and others would need armourers.

Larger units forming armies from Loius XVI and Marlboroughs time forward need Amouries. They could not remain in the field without them. BTW they also need recruit depots. The much overused term "decimation" applies here. Any unit suffering losses surpassing 10% would likely render the unit "hors d'combat". NCOs dying must be replaced or you have a unit likely to break.

More modern weapons MUST have factories. steel plate for vehicles and arty is not hand formable. Steel tubing well enough formed for repeating rifles is also not available with-out pressing and rolling devises. However the factory need only be available somewhere in the civ.

MODERN Weapons require electricity and combustion at a minimum, electronics, radio, optics etc as they grow more effective.

That also begs the question "Where is the rubber resource". I think CIV Test of Time had it, also maybe CIV III(?).

When a unit gains a speed promotion it's new speed is reflected in the units stats. Strength promotions are not. Is there a way to implement this?

Superfly said:
The resources, and the reqs. for using is becoming too unbalanced.

There's now 9 or 10 resources, that becomes avilable when calendar is researched, making all of us, beeline for it.:sad:

FfH introduces fermentation for wine +1 Happy (and ?breweries?(probably should have been a different kind of market) as a means of distributing it. +1 health, +1 Happy.

The other calendar driven resources likely have equivalents.

I can take a look?

I also think you are doing a great job on this. I'm really happy to see that Kristine is maintaining an active interest.

What is a kdiff3 editor?
I'm still using edit2Plus.

My area of expertise (such as it may be) is Marlborough to post-Napoleonic era warfare. I can provide research time if desired. I am not familiar with Python tho'.

bcr1776 said:
FfH introduces fermentation for wine +1 Happy (and ?breweries?(probably should have been a different kind of market) as a means of distributing it. +1 health, +1 Happy.

The other calendar driven resources likely have equivalents.

I can take a look?

Sugar, Spice, Incense, Dye, Silk, Banana

Ok, IMHO, here's the problem.

It is not necessarily the Calendar advance that is the problem.

Sugar, Spice, Silk, and Banana probably need plantations, what is missing is the fact that they need other advances to be trade items.

Sugar and spice need a milling advance.

Silk needs weaving.

Bananas need refrigeration to be tradeable. Not so much for domestic use(?).

Incense and dyes are ancient arts. They need only gatherers. The most popular incenses were gathered from the desert by bedouin traders. The most valuable dyes came from Mediteranean sources, not really from jungles.
Shellfish provided favourite dyes to the civilizations bordering the Med.

A dye producing shellfish resource would be a good thing here.

Woad (the blue dye of the Celts) was traded widely before Indigo was discovered (here is your jungle dye).

Both of these were exhorbitantly expensive and produced great wealth for thier purveyors.

Houman- hmmm the Nuclear MOD is not mine... lol but thanks for the compliment.

I like those Modifications you have except the Gunpowder one requiring steel as that will cause it to come much to late and besides early muskets were made from iron. I would say that we should require Steel for Machine GUN and later. How about having Gunpowder just require sulfur or how about charcoal if you want two resources though coal dosen't show up until steampower so we would have to move it. Then have musket-man/rifleman require gunpowder and iron. Machine gun and infantry units will require steel and gunpowder. Modern units should require Armaments and Oil.

We could have sulfur and charcoal show up at gunpowder and obviously steel factory requires steel tech. Do the resources from GreenMOD show up in Realism MOD the same time as in salt with quarries(masonry), potatoes with farming. Then maybe we could move a couple of the calender resources to Guilds as that is when "trading" for those items would have been occurring.

If you need any help with this just let me know what I can do to help out other than give suggestions and more work for you. :)

Houman said:
ToDO List

- Improved City Razing
- New Skins for some Units
- Replacing the Immortal by the Real Persian Immortal
- Improved City Bombardment (With Collateral Damage)
- Adding enhanced foreign advisor
- Adding inquisitor unit
- Optional Regiments MOD
- Make Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Zoroastrian dds
- Make Monastery dds for Zoroastrians
[/code]

I need to have a closer look on Siege and bombardment. There is a bombardment thread somewhere though...

EDIT: Im afraid the Nuclear Mod has a bug. What can the screenshot mean?

Good night
Houman

~clears throaght~

You should put more civs in the next version that would make the mod alot better and would make the game more fun to play. I hope you do this becasue I want more civs and this is only mod i play. Thanks a keep up the great work best mod out there I think:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Houman said:
@NightRavn

I found the error:

You have forgotten to specify the Plutonium Bonus itself in CIV4BonusInfos.xml

Code:
<BonusInfo>
			<Type>BONUS_PLUTONIUM</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_BONUS_PLUTONIUM</Description>
			<Civilopedia>TTXT_KEY_BONUS_PLUTONIUM_PEDIA</Civilopedia>			<BonusClassType>BONUSCLASS_GENERAL</BonusClassType>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_BONUS_URANIUM</ArtDefineTag>
			<TechReveal>NONE</TechReveal>
			<TechCityTrade>TECH_FISSION</TechCityTrade>
			<TechObsolete>NONE</TechObsolete>
			<YieldChanges/>
			<iAITradeModifier>15</iAITradeModifier>
			<iHealth>0</iHealth>
			<iHappiness>0</iHappiness>
			<iPlacementOrder>-1</iPlacementOrder>
			<iConstAppearance>0</iConstAppearance>
			<iMinAreaSize>-0</iMinAreaSize>
			<iMinLatitude>0</iMinLatitude>
			<iMaxLatitude>0</iMaxLatitude>
			<Rands>
				<iRandApp1>0</iRandApp1>
				<iRandApp2>0</iRandApp2>
				<iRandApp3>0</iRandApp3>
				<iRandApp4>0</iRandApp4>
			</Rands>
			<iPlayer>100</iPlayer>
			<iTilesPer>0</iTilesPer>
			<iMinLandPercent>0</iMinLandPercent>
			<iUnique>0</iUnique>
			<iGroupRange>0</iGroupRange>
			<iGroupRand>0</iGroupRand>
			<bArea>0</bArea>
			<bHills>0</bHills>
			<bFlatlands>0</bFlatlands>
			<bNoRiverSide>0</bNoRiverSide>
			<bNormalize>0</bNormalize>
			<TerrainBooleans/>
			<FeatureBooleans/>
			<FeatureTerrainBooleans/>
		</BonusInfo>

to Houman -- Thanks for incorporatingthe mod
To NightRavn -- Glad you like it.
Sorry I've forgot to archive the ..\terrain\CIV4BonusInfos.xml.

Now i've uploaded the correctet version. You made the exact settings for the resource in the file as I did

In fact you do require uranium as for the Plutonium processing plant you need the Nuclear Plant which requires uranium

Attachments

• NUCLEAR MOD (addon to Realism 064 CORRECTED).zip
    421.8 KB · Views: 100
Just wanted to let you know I am working vey hard on it.

Finally after so many days the Unit balancing is finished. :king:

If you have any suggestions or questions about it so please let me know.

I will get back to all your unanswered comments soon...

I will finish the Map on Satuerday...hopefully I can finish the MOD for this weekend, so that we can test it next week.

Cheers
Houman

Hi, Perfect Blue.
A somewhat saner thread than the Isreali one.
Have any of my questions/observations any value? Or have I unwittingly stepped where I don't belong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom