1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Realism:The Third Resurrection

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

wow these units look great. Regarding these spanish and french units guys. I need some ideas what type of UU they could be replacing....

2. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

Great general should replace roman cavalry (obviously). french cavalry could replace dragoon, spanish explorer could replace all explorers. Im sure everyone will like added blood. Can blood effects be added for all slashing units?

Perhaps we should wait for his musketeer work tomorrow.

3. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

what about the great general replace cataphracts and be called centurions...and the roman cavalry in the game would replace horse archer

the roman cavalry name or better yet the knight could possibly be changed to Sarmatian knights,mercenaries...

the great general looks more armored then the roman cavalry in the game

just a reminder
    if Houman and team are not sure how add UU, balance wise, ..just have them replace them but still have the same bonuses,strenght as the units they are replacing...they would just look different:D

4. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

This Great General Grafik doesn't look at all like a Cataphtract. Neither can a Roman Cavalry what we have implemented in the game replace the Horse archer, since they are two different types of units. Actually the Roman cavalry (West Rome) was quite crap. The Romans had no idea how to use Cavalry. There main power was the foot infantry at all times. It was the Eastern Powers like the Arsacids who knew how use Horse properly in combat.

We will see what we can do with these units....So far the new units work all great. But more will come before the release since we are still waiting for 12Monkeys Components.

Regards
    Houmie

5. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

yea i know the romans relied on infantry..but i would like to see more units to fit their civilzation...those units will not have any special bonus as such UU, just replace them graphically...they will not be any stronger

is this the type of early horseman your looking for

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prodromoi

6. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

7. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Its time for Far Asia:

Added new UU:
    - Mongolian Archer (5% more Hill defense, 1 FSC)
    - Chinese Archer (1 hammer cost less to build, City defence 5% more)
    - Chinese Horse Archer (5 hammers cost less to build, 2% less Combat bonus vs. Mounted, Melee and War elephants)
    - Japanese Samurai Horse Archer ( 5 hammers more expensive, 2% more Combat Bonus vs. Mounted, melee and War elephants, -20% Withdrawl (Way of the Bushido))
    - Japanese Samurai Knight ( -20% Withdrawl (Way of the Bushido), 5% more vs. Melee and Archer. However -10% vs. Siege.
    - Japanese Samurai Longbowman (10% Melee combat bonus, 5 hammers more expensive)

- Finetuning (almost rewriting) the new Military Great General Mod
    And more to come...

Release hopefully this weekend.....

8. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

@ houman
    yea first off interesting second video...in your signature thing...

good amount of new UU for far asia, nice to see the addition of bushido, philosophy,...i am curious but do not really want to bother asking, what UU did you add to oteh rcivs?

9. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

The Way of Bushido is now yet implemented as a Philosophy. We assume that all Samurai UU have this philosophy otherwise they would not be the Servants "Samurai" that are serving their Bushido until the death.

We got a lot of WWI, WWII and Modern Tanks for Western Civs, New Settlers and Warriors, Many new UU fr Far east. I need to put some screenshots at page one.

The new Immortal Unit for Persians will be coming. :)
    Greeks get a new Swordmen model and thei Phalanx might get replaced by the Spartanian Hoplites. Egyption Workers will be changed too. Maybe also a new Horse archer for Mali.

There is also a new element for Slavery civic that will totally kick ass. It is a feature completely made from scratch that is not yet yet available in any mod. It is a secret until the official preview. hehe ;)

I need more General looking units for each civ. The Military Generals will look distinct for each civ. I also need a modern General for after Gunpowder and modern era. Any idea?

Thanks
    Houman

10. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

a distinct general, intriguing....

i think i didi see rabbit white make one,modern general, for the lopez before my i am not sure.. i will look for it though...

i found it..but i dont know here look...what are your thoughts on it?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=165208

11. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

I wait in anticipation. Bah! Cant the weekend get here already.

12. saint1979

saint1979 Heavy drinker

Can you make this Mod 1.61 compatible soon?
    I've been waiting for that a long time now hehe.
    Too much work with swiching maps and reinstalling the game just for trying out a mod you know :)

13. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

No problem. This coming release is 1.61 compatible. Sorry for waiting. :)

But it will be worth it....

14. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

Ah yes, slaves, japanese UU's expanded so very much. Spartan hoplites, it may be too much for mere mortals to handle.

15. Fr8monkey

Fr8monkey Deity

Good thing the Persians have the immortals.:lol:

16. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

hehe ;)

@Feilong

We got a new UU for English:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=172057

I need data for this tank.

MarkV has combat 20, cost 120
    FT17 shall get combat 21, cost 130
    A7V combat 19, cost 110

I suppose it was better than MarkV, but was it better than Renault FT17? What values are being suggested?

Thanks
    Houman

17. Feilong

Feilong Chieftain

Houman,

This tank was worse than MarkV and FT17 tanks.

According to the info available, the Whippet Mk A Tanks were a complement to the MarkV tanks. MarkV were more powerful but slower, while Whippet was a faster and more mobile tank.
    What Whippet Tank had in speed lacked in armor and armament. The Whippet was intended as a cavalry style weapon, whose best war results were achieved with large groups of this tanks.
    To prove the fact that this tanks only had results in large groups, some experts say they started being used for exploitation, as well as working together with the cavalry.

Regarding the armament, this tanks didn't had no main nor secondary weapons/turrets. This tanks were given given a fixed crew compartment, housing 3 or 4 men, manning 3-4 Hotchkiss MG:s.
    As for the armor, the Whippet's were best served than the MarkV's. Whippet's amor was 14mm while MarkV could vary from 6.1 to 12 mm.

After this I would propose:

Whippet Tank

New Promotion (if it's possible??): Horde Bonus: +3% Attack with 8 or more units - If this Promotion could be created it could also be used to other units

Combat: 18 (I think MarkV has 20)

Cost: 118 (I think MarkV is worth 120)

Glad to help ;)

18. DeusNonEst

DeusNonEst Chieftain

Houman;

First of all. Thank You for a great, great Mod. Realism is the best Mod for CivIV I have played.

I have seen the extended discussion concerning units etc.

But one of the aspects I liked especially with the Realism Mod was the extended ressources enabling greater diversity in trade.

Have You included even more ressources in the new patch or simply kept the "old" ones?

I hope You have time to reply. And ... Get the patch avaible soon please. We are starving for more Realism out here ;)

19. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

@Feilong, thanks for your help. The horde bonus is doable, I could finish the XML part and leave the Python to mexico. He is so busy though, poor guy. hehe

@DeusNonEst, thanks for the feedback. :)

There are no new resources at this time, since we are more concentrating of warfare. However since too many resources give too much health, we have balanced out this issue in raising the pollution from dirty buildings, jungles and this special water tiles (forgot the name).

But there will be improvement for three traits, many new functionality and tactics.

stay tuned
    Houman

20. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.