[MOD] The Authentic Colonization (TAC)

Thanks for the info! :woohoo:

The current versions of the TAC maps are not compatible with Vanilla or other mods. It is necessary to edit them by using an editor like Notepad++ and changing the lines which define the allotted native nations and the amount of nations generally. Furthermore the next TAC version will contain a new scenario map called "TAC Central America" which have two vulcans, and vulcans aren't available at Vanilla and most modifications.

I played intensively this mod in a super huge map (something like 10 time the surface of huge), with some extra modifications on my side (super buffed Indians, so you fear them for quite some time before being able to roll over them).

I must say this mod is awesome, and its spiritual heir, RaR will be even greater (but it seems it won't be ready before a long time alas).

Just something I advise people to do, if you play on super big maps, if you want to slow you down because you spam too many cities, add an upkeep cost to cities, something like the initial building needing 3 tools per turn. This reduces the exploit of creating dozens of micro cities, like I have a tendency to do by the mid game... My empire is so big that the King get lost in all the towns he has to garrison, even with an army of 700 units!! :)

I played intensively this mod in a super huge map (something like 10 time the surface of huge), ...

I also like supersize maps. :thumbsup:

I must say this mod is awesome, ...

Totally agree. :yup:

... and its spiritual heir, RaR will be even greater ...

I hope so. :)

... but it seems it won't be ready before a long time alas.

Only 2 more big features, before we enter Pre-Release-Phase for our Release 1. :cool:

... something like the initial building needing 3 tools per turn.

I would rather not do things like that, because AI will not understand these things like a human does. :dunno:

first - great mod..I really enjoy playing it

second..quick question - Is it "normal" that u lose game around year 1710?

I played it twice so far, and both times some of other European "civilizations" declared victory on independence (once in 1708 and second time in 1712), and both times I almost didnt have contact with them (their cities were on unexplored part of the map).

Somehow, I think that it shouldn't be possible that you lose a game because someone else gains independence (its all about u and ur colonies, right?).

P.S. Im playing on random map, normal speed, level conq, and victory "independence" (only)

second..quick question - Is it "normal" that u lose game around year 1710?

It depends how experienced you are. :)

Somehow, I think that it shouldn't be possible that you lose a game because someone else gains independence (its all about u and ur colonies, right?).

In Vanilla and TAC you compete against the other Europeans.
AI can generally fulfill any victory codition as well.

There can be only 1 winner.
If AI wins, you loose. :dunno:
(The trick is to not let AI win ...)

Or you play endless game without victory conditions.
(But then you won't be able to fight War of Independence.)

If an AI gains independence then you lose. The ONLY reason i think this is fair is because whoever does it first sets a trend and the rest thereafter are bandwagon riders. So the goal is to set the trend and do it first.

Once it has been done the other kings can evaluate the failure of the king who lost his colony to independence and either ally all kings vs all colonies or something else. Therefore, once independence has been won, it would change the world playing field - the independent colony is NOW A KING of sorts, right?

first - great mod..I really enjoy playing it

Thank you, the TAC-team will be glad to read this. :)

Is it "normal" that u lose game around year 1710?

I played it twice so far, and both times some of other European "civilizations" declared victory on independence (once in 1708 and second time in 1712)

Yes, this is the way the AI should work. Like raystuttgart already wrote, it is not the only challange to win the war of independence against your own King, but to do it faster then the AI does.

Maybe you should try at first to play on a lower difficulty level. You could fight against the AI which is on the way to revolution. Also you can help the AI's King during its war of independence. Or you chose a setting without European AI at starting the game. ;)

and both times I almost didnt have contact with them (their cities were on unexplored part of the map).

I'm wondering a little bit that you didn't explore the (whole) map about year 1700.

Errr, I need a precision as I never reached a point where the AI declared Independence..

Do you LOSE if an AI declare independence

OR

Do you LOSE if an AI declare independence and destroy all the units his King send against it?

And if the (2), what can you do during this episode? Can you help the other King somehow?

If (1), I would find unfair that you have to declare Indep and beat your King, while the AI just have to basically reaches 50%.

Errr, I need a precision as I never reached a point where the AI declared Independence..

You will lose if

A) AI wins Independence before you.
(AI needs to beat the King just like Human.)
or
B) Timer reaches 0 before you have won Independence yourself.
(From the moment AI declares Independence a timer starts.)

Usually the AI will win Independence (beat the King) at some point of time, if the player does not interfere.
(It is balanced that way.)

So if AI starts Independence I suggest:

1. Hurry to declare Independence yourself.
2. Eventually declare war to that AI and help its King to win the WOI. (To buy yourself more time.)

So no matter what:
If one AI declares independence, the clock is ticking and you need to hurry to declare and win Independence yourself.

TAC 2.03_beta has been released.

It is the Beta version or our following final version TAC 2.03_final. The most important new features and changings are:

• At independence war the King will sent his troops at four waves. The first one contains 10% of his troops, the second one 20%, the third one 30% and the last one 40%. There are so many Royal ships that they haven't go back to Europe. They stay at America. The amount of Royal units is adapted so that the player will get a fair fight.
  • Whaling is more attractive: The ships move faster, and they collect more whale fat at a turn. At Europe harbour you will get more money for your whale oil.
  • Missions at native settlements generate converted natives faster.
  • There will be more wars between the nations.
  • New scenario map "TAC East Coast": huge TAC-map of the East Coast of North America. Technically defined as a small map so that there will be only settlements of the four North American native tribes. From Newfoundland to Florida, from the Great Lakes to the Atlantic.
  • New scenario map "TAC Central America": from the Caribic Sea to Mexico, from the Mississippi River to Amazon

:woohoo:

I am happy this version is finally released! New changes seem to address my frustration with the war of independence (speaking of which Happy July 4 to all the Americans :salute: ).

It is also nice thing to see Buffalo as a new resource on new maps/scenarios. A little unfortunate that other great maps have not been updated to include that resource...

On the Encyclopedia entry for "Route Planning", there are two [ PARAGRAPH:1] showing.

A Search/Replace for [ PARAGRAPH / [PARAGRAPH (notice the space) fixes the "error"

Thanks

JFG

It is a little counter-intuitive that after you are independent nation and chose to trade with Europe (Europe! not your home country necessarily) you still have to pay 45% tax! To whom? You are at war with your former king precisely because of unfair taxes :sheep:

Also AI is willing to trade Sugar for the higher price than Rum! :lol:

you still have to pay 45% tax! To whom?

To the other greedy bastards in Europe (and the new world). When we use the term "tax" in TAC this also includes harbour tolls, customs tariff, pilotage fees, interest rates payable to banks and so on. For simplicity reasons we call it tax and keep it the same after independence.

Top Bottom