[MOD] The Authentic Colonization (TAC)

Ouch, the cost of resuming trade is prohibitive to say the least. Is there any cap to the tax rate, I'm at 38% and growing?

Hi, just played a game of TAC. and it is very very good. Impressive mod, you guys did it right, and Sid and company should hang their heads.

I do have 3 comments on how to improve it though

One small annoyance I noticed is the warning messages that come up if a carpenter, blacksmith, distiller (anyone who makes a finished product) uses more or the raw good than is available. If, for example, the storehouse of wood is emptied, and you have a lumber jack that produces 18 items of lumber, but the carpenter uses 19, a message comes up every turn that (insert name) has run out of lumber and can't do any more work. It would be ok if that warning came up the first time, but it comes up every turn. It is possible that this is a vanilla Col bug (I got board with vanilla Col very quickly) and not yours. Nevertheless it is one thing I would change.

The other thing I would add is a feature in Age of Discovery 2 mod, and that is a non-military option of winning. Not every country in the Americas fought a war to become independent, Canada for example became independent through political means.

Three, there should still be some means to trade with Europe, items that are being boycotted by the mother country. Could be easily done, say the custom house sells boycotted good at a significantly reduced price, 40% of market price, but without the king's taxes either though. Just a thought.

I know that you guys did this for free and I am only making suggestions to make a great thing perfect.
All and all, I love it, best mod I've found and far far better then the original game. Well done, and here is one fan of the original Colonization game that deeply appreciates the work you did in making this.

One small annoyance I noticed is the warning messages that come up if a carpenter, blacksmith, distiller (anyone who makes a finished product) uses more or the raw good than is available. If, for example, the storehouse of wood is emptied, and you have a lumber jack that produces 18 items of lumber, but the carpenter uses 19, a message comes up every turn that (insert name) has run out of lumber and can't do any more work. It would be ok if that warning came up the first time, but it comes up every turn. It is possible that this is a vanilla Col bug (I got board with vanilla Col very quickly) and not yours. Nevertheless it is one thing I would change.

In my mind, this is no vanilla bug. This is from our mod. But I don't think it will be changed any more. Because we want to release the final version in the next time. The last Beta with new fresh updates will come soon. After this we wanted only fix some bugs. Thereafter we will release some Szenarios.
The other thing I would add is a feature in Age of Discovery 2 mod, and that is a non-military option of winning. Not every country in the Americas fought a war to become independent, Canada for example became independent through political means.
You can use the Game Options before starting a custom game. We also have the winning options Domination and Industrialization.
Three, there should still be some means to trade with Europe, items that are being boycotted by the mother country. Could be easily done, say the custom house sells boycotted good at a significantly reduced price, 40% of market price, but without the king's taxes either though. Just a thought.
We decided against this. Boycott is Boycott. You have to cancel the Boycott in Europe.
I know that you guys did this for free and I am only making suggestions to make a great thing perfect.
All and all, I love it, best mod I've found and far far better then the original game. Well done, and here is one fan of the original Colonization game that deeply appreciates the work you did in making this.
You are welcome.

When you are in Multiplayer with TAC 2.02b only the host is able to have his unit (camera) centered on the unit when attacked. When the player who is not host of the game server is attacked he wont notice that he has been attacked until he actually check the unit. Is this from Vanilla maybe? I do beleave I havent encountered this bug in vanilla u see. I play alot of multiplayer.

Is there a way to alter a current map (the Americas TAC map for example) and have it so that it can be played with leadership options? Right now I have made an updated map of the Americas, with the First Nations in their proper places, but all I can play with it is the leaders that I chose when I started a game and then opened the world builder. How did you guys make your Americas map in the first place that it is playable with all possible leaders like you guys did with the TAC maps.

Hi Yamato, you can edit your new map by using a text editor. Please take the map file und right-click on "edit". Secondly open the map "TAC America" of TAC. At the beginning of these files you will find some options that you can change. Compare these files and copy the options which you want to have at your own map.

Is there any chance you may make a version of TAC that merges in the Techtree modcomp by Kailric? If so I would really love to use the resulting mod as a base.:king::scan: Although, I understand it's probably not what you had planned. I have been trying to add some of the cool features of the TAC mod to the 2071 DLL which also needs to use techs, but not understanding the TAC mod DLL very well I seem to be causing constant errors in my attempts :blush:

Is there any chance you may make a version of TAC that merges in the Techtree modcomp by Kailric?
Hi orlanth, :)
sorry but we had discussed about technological progress, and there have been too many members of our project team who haven't wanted that. I regret! Besides the development of TAC will be finished soon. Before christmas TAC 2.02c will be released, and then our final release (TAC 2.03) will follow. ;)

Hi Yamato, you can edit your new map by using an text editor. Please take the map file und right-click on "edit". Secondly open the map "TAC America" of TAC. At the beginning of these files you will find some options that you can change. Compare these files and copy the options which you want to have at your own map.

Excellent, thank you for you help:hatsoff:

Indeed, you can't edit your map in-game...
I use Notepad++ too !

If you want some extra info, you can check here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=132800
or why not here:
http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/reference/map_scripts_guide.php

Could someone please answer my question ?
May I ask another question? Why did you change the Leader traits? Some traits seem quite interesting, but isn't three too much? I really liked the idea of having one nation trait and one leader trait...

Hi everyone,
May I ask another question? Why did you change the Leader traits? Some traits seem quite interesting, but isn't three too much? I really liked the idea of having one nation trait and one leader trait...

We wanted to make the leaders more individual.

Why did you change the Leader traits? Some traits seem quite interesting, but isn't three too much?
There have been several reasons.
  1. Now you have three different leaders who have the same trait. If you love that certain trait, there are more leaders who you can choose.
  2. There are many users who love a certain nation. Now it is more simple for them to find a leader trait which they like.
  3. Now you have more possible combinations for the traits and more strategic options to use them.

+++ TAC 2.02d_inoffiziell +++

This year too, as it has been our tradition already, a new TAC-version is available in due time for the Christmas season.
We wish you a Merry Christmas when colonizing the New World!

WHAT'S NEW AT THIS VERSION?:
The first change you will recognize when starting the game: We have packed the graphics data so that you will arrive at the all-new, pretentious starting screen at lightning speed. Furthermore, the general turn limit has been abolished. Like your European competitors, you will have unlimited time to declare independancy. Only when any European power declares independancy, for all other participants a turn-limit will be imposed: from that moment on, you will have 200 turns to declare independancy and to defend against the following attack of your king.
Soon after starting your first game, you will notice the graphical changes. The terrain no longer appears in candy-like colours, but looks much more natural now. The city screen now has a background made from rustic planks and displays idyllic pictures of the countryside on the buildings slot which still happen to be empty. All nations have got new flags. For the natives, we have implemented a new nation: the pretty-looking High Priestess Nunkui will welcome you on behalf of the tribe of the Shuar. Natives now are settling at the latitudes at which they traditionally have settled.
You will be confronted with new random events and quests. The maybe most important changes, though, you will notice only step by step: the artificial intelligence (AI) of the European competitors now lets them make use of less "cheats" but more of their "brains". We have eliminated many AI-bugs and given it a much higher "intelligence quotient". In addition, not only the European but the native leaders, too, have got five hidden characteristics, determining their diplomatic and military behaviour.
An additional alteration is optionally available. You will have the chance to install an alternative interface, by which you may get a new look at the world.

INSTALLATION:
The file "INSTALL_MANUELL_TAC 2.02d_inoffiziell.zip" contains a zip-file. Please right-click and unpackage it. Put the folder "TAC 2.02d_inoffiziell" into the folder "mods" at the My Games path of Civ4Col.

TO START TAC:
Please start Colonization, then change to "Advanced" and "Load a Mod". Choose "TAC 2.02d_inoffiziell".

CREDITS:
You will find detailed credits ingame at the colopedia.

Great Christmas present from TAC team. Thank you very much, Writing Bull! :goodjob:

A small question. Could you, please, update TAC Dokumentation DLL 15.05.2010.xls file. This file is outdated, however a lot of new additions are present in the source codes. Thank you in advance.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)

I've only been away for a few days and you've managed to release TWO new versions.
Good work!
There have been several reasons.
  1. Now you have three different leaders who have the same trait. If you love that certain trait, there are more leaders who you can choose.
  2. There are many users who love a certain nation. Now it is more simple for them to find a leader trait which they like.
  3. Now you have more possible combinations for the traits and more strategic options to use them.
Oh! I see! You're right this improves gameplay...
The more choice you get, the better. :goodjob
We wanted to make the leaders more individual.
You're right! It does add some personality to the leaders
However, nations have personality too... Nation related traits was actually a
good idea in my opinion. You can't rule France the same way you rule England...
In History class, I was told that the main problem of New France was its population, which was quite low, especially
compared to New England...

About players liking a specific nation, can't they "simply" use the "no leaderhead restriction" option?

Sorry if I'm a little late!

I've been trying version 2.02b. It's really cool. :goodjob:
I've discovered a few things I didn't see last time I tried. It's really nice to face a different situation in each new game.
I really like the maximum tax rate reduction when you kiss the king's ring. :king: I even look forward to have the opportunity to give him
some gold! :D
And the random events are really good. The add a really nice atmosphere. It really makes Colonization more ... authentic! ;)

I've noticed also two or three details that puzzled me. I hope you don't mind if I sometimes seem punctilious...

I've noticed you've removed two game options:
- Aggressive AI
- New random seed on reload.
Why is that?
And what does Reduced REF gameoption do exactly?

I've also noticed that Peter Stuyvesant has been radically changed (I don't mean graphically... Actually the new leaderhead's graphics
are quite cool. I don't know if I ahd the occasion to tell you Melcher Kürzer. Good work! I'm quite impressed! :goodjob:).
Stuyvesant will
only trade maps, accept an open borders agreement, or sign a defensive pact if he is pleased. Isn't that a little strange.
I thought the Dutch wanted to trade goods in the New World. But how can they trade without open borders. But actually this is a small
detail (editable in Xml!), because I really like the new AI behavior. And the challenge is greater than in vanilla C4C. So thank you very much!

some other details:
- I really find maps cost are too low. I often buy maps to AI and get many exploration points that way. It should cost us a little more.
Of course this problem comes from vanilla C4C not from TAC!
- Some quests are not erased when completed (this is actually a vanilla C4C bug...). I must return to the new world with an immigrant.
Which I do of course (everyone does that!). But the quest is still in the quest log. It's not your fault of course!

Nope! Sorry. :( I had no Internet these last few days... So it's version 2.02b
I'm going to try 2.02d now.

But you're Right Ray, it wasn't the first time I tried version 2.02b ;), but I missed a few details until now...

Top Bottom