[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

To Prussia, all I know is that before I rebuilt my computer, the realism mod loaded slow and any save games that were over 900 kb would take about 15 to 20 minutes to load. I actually fell asleep once , waiting for it to load. Now the recomendations for civ 4 is the minimum fireaxis recomends. For this mod more memory helps, as compared to other mods. I just rebuilt my computer 2 weeks ago. I now run a amd athlon 64 3500 2.21 gh, 2 gb of memory and switched to a pci express card with 256 mb of memory. Its running so much smoother now. Dont know if that helps or not, but rebuilding and upgrading computers is a hobby of mine.

Anaztazioch said:
512 MB is reccomended for vanilla
576 GB of ram is reccomended for TR 2.0 :)
How about a Terabyte? :lol: :lol: :lol: Used to be the rule that you doubled or tripled the RAM requirements if you wanted smooth game play. Now I think you have to go up two or three orders of magnitude (512 squared or cubed):lol: :lol: :lol:

@aesop123
100% agree :)

@Therapist
I agree that every narrator has an agenda. I do not classify the footage as fake. I just think they do too much cutting and interpreting. I know the Middle Eastern mentality, which can be indeed at times exaggerating and theatratical. However the narrator is trying to explain things the viewer doesn't really see. So I don't buy it 100%.

@Los Tiranos,

SOme of these pictures might be true. I have seen some of them in the British papers. Don't worry the police arrested all of them weeks after the cartoon demonstration. Typical English. :D Like a snake waiting for the right time to bite. However I must say some of the picture I see there are too brutal. I haven't seen all that in the papers, or the papers haven’t shown all of them. Or as you said they might be also photoshopt. BTW which Indian swordman? Indian (native American) or Indian Indian?

@Anaztazioch
I agree with the core of your message, even though some of your points need a deeper elaboration. Regarding TR:
1) The if I take the Japanese Crossbowman out, they would have the European looking Crossbowman instead. It is true that Japanese didn’t have Crossbowman, but what if they would have invented the crossbow? Would their Crossbowman look Japanese or European? That’s why it makes sense having it included.
2) Do you really think Mujahids are weaker? Have tried them in battle or do you just compare the values? Don’t forget to roll your mouse over their Fanatic promotion, which makes them very dangerous. According to our Combat Formula, they would easily defend against the Christian Crusaders, if in Desert. And otherwise a good match too. Please double check this carefully and send me a save game if possible.
3) It is true that the Teutonic knights or Templar are a Crusader sect. If we take them out from German UU and make them Crusader UU for Germany, it means they have very little chance to be seen in the game. Only if you are German and additionally Christian you can build those units. It’s a bit too much.
4) This point is valid. We have to see how to solve it. Maybe Dales Combat Mod that is implemented could help us. Nightravn did some tests already. Hopefully he can tell us more about it.

@Prussia
512 is very little. I actually upgraded my Laptop from 1 GB to 2 GB. You should have 1 GB at least for the worldmap, otherwise you have to play the generated maps, even though the Saltpeter is rare there (bug). I am selling 1 GB Ram for Laptops on Ebay. If you wish you could bid. ;)

@Uncle Anton
the Oz and Kiwi girls were interesting. Even though I had the feeling they were a bit isolated. They all are living since recently in London and are stuck together. All girl friends and boyfriends are from same country. For god sake they are in a new country and should try something new...like me. :D

@smooth operator
Yes Dale is already implemented for the next Vanilla Patch.

@Yavrim
Be quiet or I start criticizing Judaism as well. :D It is not my fault, these books I read poison my brain and my soul. ;) No you are right. I keep quite...for now...I really like your idea about Phalanx. You are absolutely right, only the Roman Legions as the only Infantry Unit were capable to defeat the Greek Phalanx. The Parthian Horse archers already could defeat the Phalanx at that time, but ok we were talking about footman... Have you already checked the Phalanx combat rate? We have changed the AI for Phalanx so that it actually is not staying in a city and attack the enemy. Its combat rates are very strong as well. And consider that the Greeks are Militaristic, which means they start with more experience. The problem is, if we set them as Axeman and what shall we set the Kopis warrior then? The Greeks have already the Greek Hyapist as UU for normal Hyapist. (And Hyapist was actually a Greek unit) If I had time I could change the weapon of Hyapist and give it bow so that it would replace the archer. But I have no time, and no unit maker has joined us yet. :( But be also aware that Phalanx is so strong, that even Axeman has only a 50:50 chance to kill it (if the Phalanx has not fortified). SO don’t underestimate Phalanx how we made it.

@Anaztazioch
German woman were indeed hot. A pity I didn't use properly my opportunities when I lived in Germany. We have lots of Polish girls in London though. Maybe I should give it a shot... ;)

Houmie

and before i forget

in real life there is such a thing as experienced pilots. this is not represented in civ in any manner. there should be some sort of promotion/skilled based thing for aircraft units. i do not know how to include this but it would be an excellent addition to this mod if somehow implemented.

and increasing improvement build time. sometimes all tiles are improved on before i reach middle ages. and i dont think that i need to build more cities:D:mischief:

Time for a update, your game have not updated since several months, so i suggest you update the game this week or next week so that this game is recently updated.

Er... Dont you think thats a bit demanding darkedone02?

Houman said:
Hey I was on a Kiwi & Oz Party last night. Your girls are hot! :D

Regarding the Warlord conversion. There is lots of new resources coming with warlords. They have implemented Cotton. So I guess we throw our old good cotton from Total Realism away. While doing that it reminded me of someone criticizing Tuna and Book resources since they can be only produced with a Wonder (Fish Market & another one)

After a seconf though we should maybe remove these resources as well. Books can be produced by every nation and it doesn't require a wonder for that. Neither is it the case with Tuna fish. All sort of Fish can be traded in cans and should not be limited to a wonder. (in Game you can actually trade fish)

So what is your opinion, shall we remove these two ressources?

=========================================================================

I think the problem with the book resource is that it comes from a National Wonder, which means that no-one needs to trade with you for books as they have (or can get) their own. I would keep the book resource in but change it to a World Wonder that produced 8 books, so that it functioned like an earlier version of Hollywood / Broadway / Rock'n'Roll.

Houman, I was just wondering if there is a way to enhance the scout and expolorer units, I mean beyond building forts etc... Is there a way to allow them to (claim, post a Civ's flag etc..) an area of land to settle in the future. It could be upgrade to a scout unit or whatever. Additionally claiming a peice of land would act as a border and all rules that apply to crossing-borders via war etc would be envoked... A given claimed sect of land would be the size of an intial city and not expand etc... I'm sure you and your creative and talented team could look into this and elaborate if need be. Seriously this would add more depth and be more realistic...
??? Will the new ability to scouts allow them to build forts outside of borders?

MindProphetX said:
Houman, I was just wondering if there is a way to enhance the scout and expolorer units, I mean beyond building forts etc... Is there a way to allow them to (claim, post a Civ's flag etc..) an area of land to settle in the future. It could be upgrade to a scout unit or whatever. Additionally claiming a peice of land would act as a border and all rules that apply to crossing-borders via war etc would be envoked... A given claimed sect of land would be the size of an intial city and not expand etc... I'm sure you and your creative and talented team could look into this and elaborate if need be. Seriously this would add more depth and be more realistic...
??? Will the new ability to scouts allow them to build forts outside of borders?

yes, this is good idea, but i don't know, if it will be possible add this in next patch. but i will be thinking about this

anyway, just for info from my work:
successfully added flying mod (roger bacon), ranged bombardment, ranged missile, MAD nuke (dale) with small modifications, now i am working on some improvements on this
also i have some idea about next performance improvement for stack aid and other plot-based components

all is now depend, how quickly i will be able to restore my comp from hdd crash (again, but now i've got new disk, so i hope that this was last crash)

Mexico said:
yes, this is good idea, but i don't know, if it will be possible add this in next patch. but i will be thinking about this

anyway, just for info from my work:
successfully added flying mod (roger bacon), ranged bombardment, ranged missile, MAD nuke (dale) with small modifications, now i am working on some improvements on this
also i have some idea about next performance improvement for stack aid and other plot-based components

all is now depend, how quickly i will be able to restore my comp from hdd crash (again, but now i've got new disk, so i hope that this was last crash)

Furthermore, as a balancing feature a single scout can only claim so many plots at any given time or the scout would have to remain in the claimed lands border to advocate the claim.
Question, as of now when I read that scouts can build forts as an upgrade, does that imply that they can build it outside cultural borders?, if not than could this also be a consideration... and of course balance these features.
Thanks for responding Mexico, and whenever you can implement theses ideas (if possible) is fine by me, I know you guys have lives and whatnot besides you guys IMO have done more for Civ than any other modding teams.
Thanks

i'm not sure if it has something to do with Total Realism mod, but it's never happened before when i was playing without the mod, so i'm posting it here

i attack a barbarian city and kill the defending units, and i automatically capture the city (which i don't want to do) i have no usual option 'install governor blah, blah'

is it normal with this mod, you can't destroy cities, only capture them? this is really annoying

what shall i do to destroy a barbarian city?

m5000 said:
i'm not sure if it has something to do with Total Realism mod, but it's never happened before when i was playing without the mod, so i'm posting it here

i attack a barbarian city and kill the defending units, and i automatically capture the city (which i don't want to do) i have no usual option 'install governor blah, blah'

is it normal with this mod, you can't destroy cities, only capture them? this is really annoying

what shall i do to destroy a barbarian city?

this isnt because of the mod, it is because of the map/realsim map you are playing.

before you start a game either enter notepad and erase option of "no razing cities" or custom scenario and change the options.:goodjob:

GUys,

Its quite late and I need some rest for tomorrow. I have been working on the conversion and found a huge bug. Horse archers had twice a bonus against Mounted units. One of them was supposed to be Melee, so instead the two combat rates were counted for mounted. No wonder some people were complaning about the Mongols being too strong. ;)

The XMLs are now 98% finished. Only the generals shall be fixed. Thats not much. Then Python and SDKs are left. ( and your suggestions that make everything slower hehe)

I have no time to go thorugh the last posts, but just quick, there were some good suggestions that need consideration.

@Spartan, the Lopez Mod is quite good, however we need a Mod that makes resources deductable. Right now having one fish or one oil is enough for the whole empire. We need a mod component for this.

@m5000
This a bug we are aware of. Some Barbarian citiees smaller than 3, do not pop up the message "Do you like to raze city or not". I do not recommend changing the option as SPartan had suggested, this might collide with our SDK. Razecity shall not be allowed by default, since we use our RazeCity Mod instead.

@Los,
The indians look good. :) Damn more work.

@Spartan117
Air units are still crap in Civ 4. The whole concept needs rework, but we do what we can.

@darkedone02
Sure no problem. If you give us a donation, we bring it out this weekend. I will PM you my bank details for a wire transfer. Thanks for donation. :D

@Basil_Fawlty
Good idea, maybe the Greek Great Library or Persian Gonde Shapur University shall give these books as a wonder. Hmm need rework. What does Great Library again in Civ4? Never played Civ4 that far! haha

@MindProphetX

Thanks for your kind words. :) Regarding the cultural border and forts; We have to play warlords to see first what has changed for scouts and what it means for them to build fort if outside border. I think building forts outside border is not very realistic. You need tons of stones, wood and materials in order to build such a castle or fort. These things cannot be built and transported hiddenly in enemy territory. Even in neutral territories were the forts, if we can call them so, very weak. Remind the forts that were build by Christopher Columbus, when his men stayed in America while he sailed back. When he came back from Spain the fort was gone. :D

Besides Fort promotions get stronger in next patch, much more little bug fixes and adjustments especiialy for Warlord conversion.

Damn its late,

Good night
Houman

Must have been either the Arawaks or the Caribs; the Taino's basically rolled over in the beginning and when they finally stood up, it was too late. And through the centuries the Arawaks and Caribs have been lambasted as cannibals. What a joke. Oppose Columbus and his band of syphilitic killers and your are labeled cannibals; welcome them, remember to smile and say hello to enslavement. What a choice!:crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

Top Bottom