[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

To nx02nx02

You are right about the health bars except:

When the health bar goes red, it does not necessarily mean that you lost the battle. Several times when my soldier's health bar went red, he still won the battle with the minimum difference...

@ nx02nx02

Dont look at icons when battle begans ?
Besides, this component is not ours, so we will have some problems solving this.

@ Fachy

1) not priority for next release. Our main programmer has allready enough work on his shoulders for time being.

2) It is not our fault, that mercenaries mod is buggy, disballancing etc.

3) I belive temple bonuses and looses are stack, so yes you loose -2 health from pigs (i hate pig meat). Inquisitor requires one to have state and temple of same religion in a city and Theocracy civic. And Inquisitors have their limit.

4) Slave revolts are set to 3% per turn. 6% with classical democracy.
Peasant revolts are set to 2%, 4 with classical democracy.
Its about your luck. I for instance, rarelly have ANY slave revolts. Each time i want a revolt and some slaves to build improvements, i get like 4 revolts in 50 turns and NO SLAVE CAPTURED. Im very unlucky... as when im going for slavery i have big army. or sometimes it feels like im the only civ that have slavary rebelions...

5) Greatest religious mod of all times: mine!
It a bit Over-added. We allready have many new buildings, resources and much more to come in next release. Besides +3 :) from temple ? Is making your citizens happy really so easy ?
You are right thou, Islamic religion is a bit too weak. Its only good things are spread after conquer (think about mid east, northern africa, mali and spain before Isabella). Mujahis is GREAT unit. Its very cheap, and fanatic promotion is just fantastic. As for your +3xp, is it really muslims to fighs a war, or politics ?
"Jihad is literally struggle in the way of God and is sometimes referred to as the sixth pillar of Islam, although it occupies no official status as such(...)In broader usage and interpretation, the term has accrued both violent and non-violent meanings"
"The word "jihad" is often wrongly translated as "Holy War." The primary aim of jihad is not the conversion of non-Muslims to Islam by force, but rather the expansion and defense of the Islamic state."
Besides Sunni and Shi'a are both Islam, but they dont like much each other. Is this also heathens ?

6) This was allready spoken of. Cavalary or even curiassier regiments founded in XVII centuary, last even till 2000 year or later. But in modern world (after WW II, or even in WW II) such regiments no longer used horsesm but tanks and helicopters, depending on company. Many pple, mostly from army will tell you that.

EDITED by Kaiser Franz - Message deleted.

Hian the Frog - You are correct - this was not the place for my comments regarding another users "tag line" no matter how offensive - it was certainly off topic and I appoligize.

@ FACHY and KAISER FRANZ:

A long time ago, some guys were trying to have a discuss about politics and religions in OUR thread. The result was devastating, useless, irrespectful, immature,......and off topic. So, i ask you to avoid such a discuss in that thread, please.
If not, i will ask woodelf (moderator and friend) to erase your posts, if not more.
I hope you understand that TR mode is absolutly not the best place to have such a discuss. Even if the subject is important. I also have my opinion and if i want to have a discuss with somebody, i use gmail, MSN, or what you want. But not this thread.

Thanks.

Hian the Frog

If someone can please answer some of my questions regarding Total Realism Gold,

1. Firstly, I'm having severe problems playing the mod on multiplayer. The game runs fine on multiplayer, but while in multiplayer I keep gettin OOS (Out of Sync) messages. What's up with that?

2. Secondly, what is the actual way you can predict revolts in a city?

well, i've read a few posts here where the peasant revolts are not very frequent for some players.... i'm envious of that because i have peasant revolts, on average, every 3rd turn. sometimes more often, somtimes not. it's just ridiculous...

not to metion the fact that it is usually mutliple cities at once. 3 or 4 at a time... and they match my best units possible, even if i just acquired the technology making that unit available that very turn. in other words, if i acquire the tech to build footknights (but have no footknights in any city yet), a revolt occurs with 2 or 3 footknights attacking....... woa... with not even the chance to spend gold to upgrade a swordsman yet.

and just out of curiosity (since this is supposed to be "total realism") how in the heck does a peasant become a knight anyway? don't you have to be knighted in the "real" world? .....what? peasants are organized and attack with fully trained units? noooo... they have numbers not training and organization, right?

well, i wouldn't even mind that if peasant revolts happened every 100 or 200 hundred years or so... somewhat more realistic... as it is, revolts are happening every 5 to 15 years (2 to 4 turns) consistently.

to that i say: wtf?

i don't even really care what the arguments are - for and against this aspect of the mod... it's just simply annoying and a pain in the neck... it slows the game down and is just tiresome.

so, basically, i'd just like to turn revolts off.... completely. i don't mind the barbarians, that's cool. just ix-nay on the evolts-ray...

can someone please tell me how to do this? i can find no option to do it in the config files... maybe i'm missing it.

thanks dudes

OH WAIT!!!!
one more thing!
can anyone... anyone, please explain to me why a unit with 98.9% chance of victory looses on a more consistant basis than this chance of success implies? i mean, i understand there's still a 1.1% chance you could lose the battle, but in this mod, the frequency by which you win a 97 to 99% chance battle is more like 70 to 75% of the time.

again, i don't mind if i lose a unit, that's why we build more... but i'd appreciate a more "realistic" percentage for chance of victory...

this is another, extremely annoying thing about this mod...

any help? thanks...

I agree with the peasant revolt thing. Maybe it can something be done where the revolting peasants can only be low level units such as warrior, axemen and in modern times musketman? And I think that when peasants revolt, they SHOULD lower the city size. Perhaps one or perhaps 2. Because they are peasants... not soldiers who are produced. They are the column of a city.

Hello again. Just found this thread (after an extended absence) and am downloading now with gleeful anticipation.

Just wanted to say that I've no doubt this Gold version will rock as much as the older versions (barring, perhaps, minor bugs which will undoubtedly be worked out via patches at some point).

I used to like playing the English, but after watching the "Rome" series on HBO I can't get enough of the Romans. :p

Hello.
Your Total realism mod rocks. I love it. Thank you very much for the great work, you should make money with it. It is everything the Warlord Expansion should have been.
My wish for the future would be to eliminate the possibility of the AI creating outrageous gigantic stacks. I had to fight a stack of 40+ cannons plus two dozen other units in it. :crazyeye: I killed it eventually, but fun is something else. I have never encountered a stack this obscene before in the regular Civ 4 & Warlords.
But hey, did I mention: I really do love your work. :goodjob:
May you all live in peace an prosper.

I'm playing on Monarch difficulty now, and fighting Cyrus as the Arabs. I'm 5th in terms of world score, he's second. (China is first, and the two Meso-american civs are 3rd and 4th).

We had good relations, but when he finally decided to expand in my direction, he quickly sent a stack of about 129 cannons and around 50 Cuirassiers (along with a few other smaller stacks of misc units in different squares).

I had never seen a stack this intimidating. I have to stress though that the AI opponents rarely take advantage of their numbers in most cases, attacking with 3-8 units a turn even when they can completely overwhelm all defenders. This is something that I find really puzzling!

must be something in the mod that makes AI afford a little more free units at Monarch. so much so that they had 179 units. how did you fight him? if at all?

First of all, i would like to give my thanks, this mod is really fantastic to play.

any word on the updates ability to improve some of the ai turn drag, as my game only crashes occasionally (but going to last auto save or a manual save and a reboot fixes it, memeory allocation error usually) and i dont get the infinite hang thing; but it does get into some serious drag issues of several minutes between every turn even with graphs on lowest options? i am playing on a twin core amd with 2gig ram 1600 fsb 256mb video drive etc...... my personal opinion is that it is the xml language system as i have noticed all xml games have drag issues on a whole variety of game systems.

i have little time for playing, i am reading or playing in a window and updating webpages while the turn drags. this mod takes soo long to get to higher tech levels that while i do enjoy expanded ages very much and extensive wars, the most recent being a 3000 year war of me versus a massive barbarian infestation on my isle and eight of the 19 other civs against me and regularly landing boat loads on me every turn, fortunately it is on an archipeligo stanadard map 20 civs i am g. washington, emepror level....., but i dont want to have to keep playing until the industrial era each time and then starting a new game when the drag just becomes too much of a drag.

o ya, the saltpeter thing is foolish. and thanks in advance for fixing the slavery rebellion stuff. i get the same as everyone, i rarely use slavery, or just pass through on the way to caste, but the rebellions of 10 short swordsmen, when i have just produced my first unit of them is a bit off!

i am really looking forward to the patch. thanks again

Multiplayer: OOS errors, still fixing this. You can have a try, but no green light.

Large stacks : This is Better AI component problem. Another thing is Fraxis game code, witch does not count maintanance for units for AI... this was clearelly visable with mercenaries mod, as hire cost was 100 and upkeep cost was 20 and AI had 5 mercenaries in begining of a game... All we can do is forbid AI to produce many units etc.

REMEMBER TO SEARCH THROUGH THIS THREAT. INHUMAN STACKS, MULTIPLAYER ISSUES WERE DISCUSSED EARLIER. I WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANOTHER QUESTION CONCERNING THOSE TOPICS
lol size 7 is a bit too big

I'm playing on Monarch difficulty now, and fighting Cyrus as the Arabs. I'm 5th in terms of world score, he's second. (China is first, and the two Meso-american civs are 3rd and 4th).

We had good relations, but when he finally decided to expand in my direction, he quickly sent a stack of about 129 cannons and around 50 Cuirassiers (along with a few other smaller stacks of misc units in different squares).

I had never seen a stack this intimidating. I have to stress though that the AI opponents rarely take advantage of their numbers in most cases, attacking with 3-8 units a turn even when they can completely overwhelm all defenders. This is something that I find really puzzling!

you are playing on that huge world map, how many citys do you or cyrus have? i have seen big stacks like that on maps like that and the only answer is: you should have taken care of him earlier.
i had a sweet "me numba 1" game going on when these freakin aztec land on this isle i have beaten the chinese off of as well as the ottomans with this stack out of the biggest canoe armada! i have ever seen. the aztec are the second weakest civ in 18 and have 4 cities on 3 tiny islands! My cities are weakend from the crusade against the filth infesting my mini continent, so the aztec just smash and burn out my cities one after another until i quit when they smear the captial.

i was quadruple in score and had 14 cities to his 4!

Top Bottom