[MODCOMP] Extended Random Events

Yup, still working away :)

ohhh tsentom1, you are evil!! :devil:

1) The Financial crisis sounds v.good- i agree, but destroying banks instead of Wall street, AND remove Corporations in the cities (except for the HQ).

So, you'd have to rebuild your financial system, and companies would be devastated, but still exist, and also require rebuilding.

2) Peacekeeping- VERY interesting. I like events that meddle in another civs affairs, maybe just get a boost from countries with 4/5 same civis as you. Doesnt make sense that a Police State would support your Democracies meddling in another civs affairs :)

Great ideas.

Ill have an update within a week i think.

HDK

"State Examinations"
Nearly sprayed root beer all over my monitor. I'm dyin' over here.

When you release the next versions, any chance you can separate or at least label which are the new events (when compared to the previous version). I've already merged this excellent modcomp, and it would be easier to merge the new additions if I knew which were the new files (otherwise I'm sure I'd make mistakes). Maybe just an XML comment like above this last version, below this line newer events.

How about an Overfishing event as well? Trigger: A city working a workboat tile (fish) with a significant number of other water tiles worked to (say: 1 workboat tile and 4 other water tiles worked):

"Our Scientists says our local fishing population is being over hunted, and will die soon unless we limit fishing. What do we do?"

Options would be pay some gold, and all workboats in the city radius are pillaged & +1 unhappiness, or do nothing and the fish resource disappears in a few turns.

Anyone still working these?

I was thinking of one:

Spoiler :

FINANCIAL_CRISIS

requires:Civic_Free_Market
requires: WallStreet
requires min # of banks for wallstreet

Uh-oh. Looks like the financial sector has engaged in some risky practices and are calling for help!

1) TXT_PAULSON: They are too big to fail! ----> -30% of treasury, +2 happy per bank
2) TXT_RON_PAUL: T.S.! That's capitalism! ---> WallStreet destroyed, 2/3rd of banks destroyed

For 1)Paulson, you forgot the +100% inflation.

Which would offset the loss of banks for 2) nicely.

Top Bottom