1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Modders Guide to Orbis

Discussion in 'Orbis Modmod' started by Ahwaric, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Opera

Opera Deity

Hm, I don't know. To be honest, I'm not sure how the Contrib thing works. I'd have to look at it.

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Actually, summoning the Mercs causes the AC to rise 5 points. Something to do with them not caring about innocent bystanders? :lol:

3. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

OK. So if my code change gives +5 AC credit to Mercs then it is probably working correctly. (I'm not sure if the Merc effect is appropriate. However, I do think it is good for the active player to get AC credit/blame for killing evil/good civs.)

4. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

just to be sure: if I kill civ, it's contribution to AC is annulled ??

5. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

arcticnightwolf,

No, not if I understand your question correctly. Whatever a civ did in the past stays done. If an evil civ is eliminated, that causes -5 at that moment (in addition to possible - or + changes if you raze the city). If good civ eliminated, that causes +5 at that moment. My code change works exactly the same, except credit for the AC change is given to the "active player" (whoever's turn it is). So if evil Sheiam die during your turn, -5 to AC and you get credit for that change.

6. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

i mean generally in Orbis modmodmodwhatever,
    When I kill civilization, number of civs changes therefore RAW value cap of AC lowers therefore if I destroy Sheaim AC percentage will rise

7. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

8. sputnik323

sputnik323 Magelord

After seeing some of the yields of some of the improvements I decided to look into doing some custom tweaking on the improvements. Example: Ivory has kind of crappy yields compared to other improvements, and its rare. So... to my question.

If I were to use the editor to change some of the yields, and allow some bonuses to give happiness, and I wanted to send those changes to a friend, what files would I send? Should I just send the whole Assets folder to be safe?

Thanks I'm new to all of this...

9. Opera

Opera Deity

The files you'd modify would likely be ImprovementInfos.xml and/or BonusInfos.xml, both of which you can find in Assets/XML/Terrain ;)

10. thursday

thursday Chieftain

What files would I mess around with to change the percent-based chances of Scion awakened and Grigori heroes to a counter that builds over time (like a separate GP counter). With both civs, it annoyed me when I got a whole lot at the very beginning and basically won from turn 40 and also when I'd only get, say, 1 awakened for the whole first 70 turns. Or is it even possible to change this?

11. Opera

Opera Deity

You'd need to mess with Assets/python/CustomFunctions.py for the mechanics and Assets/Screens/CvMainInterface.py for the percentage display.

What you plan to do is doable; not sure how yet, but it is.

12. thursday

thursday Chieftain

Thanks a bunch--both for the tip and for all the hard work you've put into modding! I might take a stab at it sometime tomorrow.

13. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

You'll have to read some of Lutefisk Mafia's old posts about pickles since this would require that you save data in python to load up between savegames, and pickles are the keyword for saving python data (or scripting)

14. Schwarzbart

Schwarzbart Prince

How can I reduce the number of Vulcano events or if not posible disable his event? Because in my last Orbis b/c games nearly every NPC city with some Peak next to it haved a Vulkano at a time wenn the NPCs at max haved 2 or 3 citys.

15. Belizan

Belizan Emperor

Is there no Orbis DLL source for modmods?

16. Opera

Opera Deity

It comes with each installer ;)

17. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

There is a unitCannotMoveInto function in CvGameUtils.py. Does any one know whether this works with AI path finding? I'm afraid that if I tried to use this then the AI would just walk up to an un-allowed tile and sit there.

18. Opera

Opera Deity

What do you want to do? Such a callback seems like a performance eater.

19. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

Isn't it already a performance eater? It's just sitting there empty right now in GameUtils. If it's getting called all the time anyway, it doesn't seem like a couple if statements would add much time.
    Code:
    	def unitCannotMoveInto(self,argsList):
    		ePlayer = argsList[0]		
    		iUnitId = argsList[1]
    		iPlotX = argsList[2]
    		iPlotY = argsList[3]
    		return False

20. Opera

Opera Deity

You have to check the Assets/XML/PythonCallbacks.xml file to see if it's set to 1 so it's called. If it's set to 0, then it isn't called.