[Modding] What Mods will you be creating?

I'm a modder (or will become one) and I'll create...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not creating any mods. But i am looking forward to TSL mods to fill the empty spots.
A TSL giant earth mod would be played a lot by me. And i hope it will be made by 2k. If not a mod pretty soon after release.

We all know that the first mod someone makes is always Adolf Hitler.

I can't do any mods but here's my wishlist for modders:
TSL Earth map if one it not included in the game
new civs of course, Balkan and African civs wanted
Random events

Most definitely going to shoot for bringing over the Elder Scrolls mod to CiVI

Historical Civs, most likely. That being said I think that getting used to this new art style will be tough, I personally will need time until I get a feel for creating leaders with these kinds of proportions.

In addition I will most likely need to pick up 3D modeling as well. All of that is fine as long as coding is simple. I will probably make a Bosnia first, who knows after that.

In addition I will most likely need to pick up 3D modeling as well.

I'm hoping that buildings and wonders at least will be able to be modeled in SketchUp or something similarly simple. Based on what I've seen of the Firaxis building designs and that SketchUp is used for Cities: Skylines mods, there's a hope.

I'm hoping that buildings and wonders at least will be able to be modeled in SketchUp or something similarly simple. Based on what I've seen of the Firaxis building designs and that SketchUp is used for Cities: Skylines mods, there's a hope.

Exactly my hope as well, although I don't have any experience with 3D modeling at all. Worst part will be UU models, they need animation as well. Most buildings can be just done with a simple house of some sort and something that unique to represent its purpose

But UUs traditionally were relatively easy to do even for people who don't know how to work with 3d-software. Just by using one of the many models that already exist/have been created by other people and creating some custom textures you can already get something semi-decent.

For wonders on the other hand you really need to create your own model (or have someone create it for you), because all of them look so much different from one-another.

Well, at least if you want them to be placed on a tile, I would assume there's still the option to create wonders that don't take up a tile and buildings that don't require space in a district.
At least I hope that's the case, because if not then that's seriously limiting design space.

But UUs traditionally were relatively easy to do even for people who don't know how to work with 3d-software. Just by using one of the many models that already exist/have been created by other people and creating some custom textures you can already get something semi-decent.

Then we'd love to have you in the V modding community - UUs are a huge bottleneck for our productivity.

Well, I can't -create- the models, what I'm saying is that using those that have been created and made available in the Downloads-Section of this website and then just creating custom Textures for your own needs already does a decent job. Of course it's not ideal, but it's something that one can "get away with".

I don't think that'll be possible with wonder models as any sort of real life landmark always has a very distinct look.

For wonders on the other hand you really need to create your own model (or have someone create it for you), because all of them look so much different from one-another.

Well, at least if you want them to be placed on a tile, I would assume there's still the option to create wonders that don't take up a tile and buildings that don't require space in a district.
At least I hope that's the case, because if not then that's seriously limiting design space.

You say that, but to begin with someone has to make those models to begin with so we can use them. Civ4 ones are probably a bit too dated to be used in this game, and Civ5 does not really have that many, sadly, so conversion might be on the weaker side too.

I'll am sure I'll be assisting various modders with pictures and broadly understood artwork, just as I do now. Perhaps it'll be a proving ground for me to design more of my own civilizations, maybe even Civ 6's learning curve when it comes to modding will be gentle enough for me to learn how to program them myself. I sure am not compelled to do that in Civ 5. :p

I'll am sure I'll be assisting various modders with pictures and broadly understood artwork, just as I do now. Perhaps it'll be a proving ground for me to design more of my own civilizations, maybe even Civ 6's learning curve when it comes to modding will be gentle enough for me to learn how to program them myself. I sure am not compelled to do that in Civ 5. :p

Looking forward to your Bohemia, Poland, Lithuania, Poland, Poland-Lithuania and Poland :p

I'm hoping to make new civs and port over a couple of my old ones.

What I do worry about, though, is that the really big modding groups from Civ 5 will want to carry all of their like forty or fifty civs over to the new game and severely limit what civs I can do...

May actually try my hand at coding my own civilizations and, who knows? Taking over the mantle of Leugi while he's gone.

Somebody's gotta give South America love.

If we're partitioning Leigi's civs off already, I want Gran Colombia and the Muisca :p

What I do worry about, though, is that the really big modding groups from Civ 5 will want to carry all of their like forty or fifty civs over to the new game and severely limit what civs I can do...
Take the LastSword approach and ignore whatever everyone else is doing to do your own thing? That's what I'm going to do.

Take the LastSword approach and ignore whatever everyone else is doing to do your own thing? That's what I'm going to do.

I'd be up for that, although I guess if a bunch of people take the LastSword approach a ton of mods could be not just doubled but tripled up :p

We could act in solidarity, found a League of LastSwords or something. The LoLS... hmm...

Top Bottom