Modern Earth (Giant)

kiwitt,
Do you plan to release 1.4?

If we find at least 4 players would this scenario be practical for complex PBEM game?

kiwitt,
Do you plan to release 1.4?

If we find at least 4 players would this scenario be practical for complex PBEM game?
It is only minor changes ... so I will test it soon and post. It will be my last update to this.

It is a lot of work to play it. Test the 1.3 version in the meantime.

I did. There were some oddities though, like as America I could not see China in score-table. And USA had no access to Free Speech civic? :crazyeye:

Do we really need all those size 1 cities in Russia?

Great cities do produce great deal of everything great people produce, except for EXp points. I suggest you to remove Military Instructors from everywhere.

And the last thing: great effort was put into recreating the realistic cities, but the end result for entire civilizations should also correspond to realistic situation. Meaning USA must be first in GDP, China must be second but twice less than USA! And so on. Please ensure that at least top 10 nations correspond to real life top 10!

Removal of technologies like Liberalism, from America was required, because it was in no way as Liberal as many Western European nations. There is very strong Conservatism in America, e.g. Tea Party versus in Europe, where things are more free. America is also a very religious Christian country and built on Christian ideals, so transitioning from this to Free Religion is something that could not be done easily.

As to Russia, yes we do, that we ensure that the land is all fully controlled by them.

EXP points in cities, reflects the better educated the soldiers are in general.

GOLD earned does not only relate to GDP, it also relates to what it can buy in the various countries, look up PPP for a guide on this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purchasing_power_parity

I meant GDP in F9 screen, not gold. Sum of all beakers, hummers and food is reflected there. It would be really nice if Demography screen would reflect real situation in the present world.

You are quite mistaken about USA. Tea party plays the same significance (if not less) as far right parties in your country of origin, for example. But it does not mean that you need to give EU fascism. As for free religion -- this country was the main promoter of that idea, while anti-religious climate in today's Europe resembles Paganism civic more than Free Religion...

The USA is very Christian in its values, whereas the EU is less so. Changing from Christian values is very hard in people. While I agree the Government maybe able to promote certain values, that does not mean that its people are easier to change. So if you want to change peoples value, you will get some 'anarchy', which is why I set it so.

I am unlikely to work on the GDP issue as it is not that significant, in comparison to relations between states and the detail in the cities and Units. The only way I can change the GDP values is to settle more great people in cities, which may unbalance other things.

However, as this is freely available to modify yourself, feel free to edit your own version, like you have done for Earth 2010.

I have thought about it. I may move it to the European Neutrals instead of the CIS.

how about korea and iraq is vassal state of usa

and north korea is vassal state of china ?

there s war always south between north korea and north korea disappeared.

actuallly korea can't start war without america's allow

I have thought about it. I may move it to the European Neutrals instead of the CIS.

would really be nice :)
Combat 1,2,3,4,5,6 = USA, UK, Japan, Israel
Combat 1,2,3,4,5 = France, Germany, EU, Canada, S.Korea, Australia
Combat 1,2,3,4 = Russia, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Thailand, European Nations, Oceania
Combat 1,2,3 = Asian Nations, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Pakistan, Colombia, Egypt, CIS Nations
Combat 1,2 = China, India, Iran, Indonesia, S.Africa, Venezuela, Peru, Arab League, Latin America
Combat 1 = Libya, Mali, Kenya, Congo, Iraq, N.Korea, African Union
Leadership = All starting units
I think Turkey should be higher, it is in NATO and has really strong army
P.S.Sorry for a stupid question... Never installed Civ4 mods before.
Will this scenario work fine with mods like Revolution, Rhye's and Fall of Civilization, Better AI, Rise of Mankind etc?

Thanks for you suggest to alter Turkey, but I will leave it as it is.

Yes it will work with other mods.

I have installed your mod and it is amazing. Thanks for such a work! I believe this scenario is the best real world simulator ever :)
I'd love to play as Ukraine (my native country). Ukrainian civ is already available here http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7742
So I want to add Ukraine as 41-st civ and to give it part of the C.I.S. civ land, cities and buildings. Is it possible? Can you please explain me how I can do it by myself? Or perhaps you could do this by yourself in next version or as alternate download? Thanks!

kiwitt, only one question - how many civs does this mod (.dll file) support? 40 or 50?

I think it supports 40.

I think the best move for a 2014 version of this map would be to make the Ukraine cities part of European Nations and removed from the CIS Nations.

This will require you to open the ModernEarth scenario file and changing the cities and units from Team=30 to Team=37. You may also want to change Sevastapol to Russia.

Note: It is recommended you backup the original file.

I think the best move for a 2014 version of this map would be to make the Ukraine cities part of European Nations and removed from the CIS Nations.
I will still try to add Ukraine as separate civ.
There is one more suggestion from me about the next version of this mod.
Not only Ukraine but also Georgia should be moved from CIS to European Neutrals.
Georgia has very cold relations with Russia, it is pro-EU and pro-NATO.

great work, i love and played all your mods!

is it possible that the new trained units are named as magnificent as those who are already there, so when they died the names will come back

good work, pls go on :)

Top Bottom