1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Modmodding Q&A Thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Code:
    # attitude stability

iRelationStability += calculateSumScore(lAttitudes) / 2
        iRelationStability += calculateSumScore(lAttitudes, 2) / 2
        iRelationStability += calculateSumScore(lAttitudes, 3)

Can somebody please explain me this code?

2. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

IIRC calculateSumScore adds up all of the values in lAttitudes that meet the given absolute value threshold, default being 1.

Tigranes likes this.
  3. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Sorry, not sure I understood. First line -- adding all the +/- 1 attitude? Second line adding +/- 2 attitudes, and then for +/- 3? Meaning if someone is -5 against me -- he will not be counted in attitude score determination? My main problem is the second argument of Sumscore function... If it represents a threshold -- in which way mathematically does it work?

4. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

The first line sums all values >= 1, the second line >= 2, and the third 3

So if you have a -5 it's absolute value is 5, which is >= 1, 2 and 3, meaning it's added on all 3 lines. I'm not sure how Python handles uneven integer division so let's assume for the sake of this example 5 / 2 = 2, we'd get -2 + -2 + -5 = -9.

5. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

I don't have the code in front of me but iirc it counts the attitude modifiers that exceed the given threshold in the negatives or positives, instead of adding them.

6. mrrandomplayer

mrrandomplayer Hopeless Situation Warrior

Where is the wonder limit stored? I want to try some fun one-city challenges and I'd like to disable the wonder limit for OCCs.

7. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

It is in CvCity.cpp, at CvCity::isWorldWondersMaxed().

However, if you enable the OCC option it should already remove the limit for human players. You can enable that option in the WB. The option only effects the human player, so it doesn't matter that it is enabled during autoplay. It is not worth making changes so it is enabled from loading the scenario, as that has no effect.

EDIT:
    Ignore the wonder limit indicator (next to the city name in the cityscreen) if you do this. It still displays the original limit, but you can still build new wonders.

8. Manuss

Manuss Sleeping man

Is there any way to trigger a civ rebirth through the python console? For example, the Egyptian one in the middle ages. Thanks in advance

9. star15389

star15389 Prince

What where the changes that that made Orthodox spread correctly before the Reformation and that made Catholicism found more often and where they simple enough for me to slap into 1.14? I looked at Religions.py but I don't understand at all

Crimean Lord likes this.
  10. Leoreth

Religion spread was significantly reimplemented in the DLL, I think that was after 1.14.

Crimean Lord likes this.
  11. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Simperator Knoedel

As someone who learned coding with C++ I have always had a deep suspicion for Python, so I'd like to ask for confirmation, is this code:

Code:
    if iPlayer == iPolynesia or iVikings or iIndonesia or iNetherlands:
    really 100% certainly just a shorter more elegant but otherwise functionally identical version of this:

Code:
    if iPlayer == iPolynesia or if iPlayer == iVikings or if iPlayer == iIndonesia or if iPlayer == iNetherlands:
    ?

12. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

I think what you're looking for is
    Code:
    if iPlayer in [iNetherlands, iIndonesia, iVikings, iPolynesia]:

need my speed and Imp. Knoedel like this.
  13. Leoreth

The second is not valid Python at all, but I suppose you mean:
    Code:
    if iPlayer == iPolynesia or iPlayer == iVikings ...
    If so the shorthand equivalent is:
    Code:
    if iPlayer in [iPolynesia, iVikings, ...]:
    Your first example will always evaluate to true. Consider that iVikings etc. are integer values. In Python, an integer always evaluates to true unless it is zero. So the "or iVikings" parts already make the statement true.

Imp. Knoedel and 1SDAN like this.
  14. Imp. Knoedel

Code:
    data.iSeed % 4
    What does that mean exactly? What does that sinister 4 plan to do with the percentage sign to that pure unsuspecting random seed?

15. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

The % sign is the modulo operator in python.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    1SDAN and Imp. Knoedel like this.
  16. Leoreth

In Python (and many other languages), % is the modulo operator. In other words, x % y computes the remainder of dividing x / y as integers.

This is useful when you want to quickly have a random set of y different cases. For example, when you compute x % 4, the results are in the range [0, 1, 2, 3]. So if you want something to happen in 25% of all games, seed % 4 == 0 is one way to do it. Likewise, seed % 4 == 1 gives you another case with 25% probability that never occurs at the same time as the previous thing.

Why is all of this derived from the same seed instead of rolling a random number each time? Multiple reasons: sometimes you want multiple mutually exclusive outcomes, sometimes you need consistency for those cases at multiple points in time (so you don't have to store another randomly generated number), and random number generation is more computationally expensive.

need my speed, 1SDAN and Imp. Knoedel like this.
  17. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

How would I go about making the corporations screen be able to scroll?

18. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

You could take a look at the religion advisor. The religion list is horizontally scrollable. I assume you want to make that part of the advisor scrollable.

1SDAN likes this.
  19. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Related question, I've been trying to get the scoreboard on the main screen interface scrollable but have been having trouble. Do you know of a good example I could base my code off of?

20. Imp. Knoedel

Earth 2010 has one IIRC.

1SDAN likes this.