[ModPack] Total Experience

I won't be playing this mod again. The natural disaters were interesting for awhile but now they're quite annoying. Perhaps they should be a bit less frequent? I also noticed that some of the natural events gave away the positions of undiscovered continents.

Then there is the complete lack of sulphur. What good are my gunsmiths if there isn't any sulphur to be found? I'm not even sure if I feel like completing the game that I've been playing for the last two days.

You can turn off the random events, just look into the .ini file in the main folder of the mod. the lack of sulphur isn't more frequent or disrupting than the lack of iron or oil which can happen in any game if you get unlucky.

Thanks Gekko,

I actually like the events, but I wish they were less frequent. Is there a way to reduce their frequency without removing them altogether?

Also, without looking at the Readme, it IS possible to upgrade my swordsmen etc. to riflemen so long as I have sulphur and a gunsmith, right? I havent been able to upgrade anybody for what seems like forever due to the lack of sulphur anywhere on the map. Neither can I build any riflemen so the new building was a waste of time.

TheBlackHand said:
Thanks Gekko,

I actually like the events, but I wish they were less frequent. Is there a way to reduce their frequency without removing them altogether?

not right now, but it is a feature which would be nice to add and as such it may make it in :D

Also, without looking at the Readme, it IS possible to upgrade my swordsmen etc. to riflemen so long as I have sulphur and a gunsmith, right? I havent been able to upgrade anybody for what seems like forever due to the lack of sulphur anywhere on the map. Neither can I build any riflemen so the new building was a waste of time

it IS possible as long as the city which is closest to the unit you're trying to upgrade has access to sulphur and has a gunsmith.
if you were unlucky and have no sulphur at all, it can be a tricky situation, but as I've said, lack of iron or oil can be way more disrupting to your gameplay. Dealing with resource shortages at times is a feature of vanilla Civ4, it's not my mod's fault :D

Hi Gekko thank you for the great mod! Love the additional resources. One thing that I have noticed regarding resources is if you open the world builder in the begining of a game you will see the iron and sulpher in various areas (next to one of my cities) but when the tech is researched the resource fails to appear. I usually try to remember where they were intended to appear and add them afterwords. Overall this is a great mod and I thank you for the time that you have invested.

Hi!

I read that the amount of XP for animals and barbarians were increased (Animals up to 10 xp and barbarians up to 50 xp) but I can max get 10 xp against barbarians??? Please explain that

Aragorn7

I have just built the Three Gorges Dam wonder. The city labels are not showing the lightning flash that says they have power.

Top Bottom