[ModPack] Total Experience

hi,

When I was playing with the American team every single time I created a new settler and created a town it would get this:

HTH

Dave

dh2k3 said:
hi,

When I was playing with the American team every single time I created a new settler and created a town it would get this:

HTH

Dave

As for your first picture, that error is suppose to be there, well maybe not suppose to but it just is, Gecko has acknowledged it and it doesnt actually cause any problems.

As for your second,, that is just a naming error, i noticed that too. It affects nothing but the name of your city. Go ahead and type a new name in or rename the city later and everything is fine.

I had to take that out because if you turned off Time Victory the game interface would go nuts. it will be put back in as soon as that issue is taken care of though .

Um... in the instructions, you say all the random events are turned off by default. In the thread, you say they're all turned on by default. Additionally, your instructions switch the true to false in some areas when describing. I know they all have to be true to be turned on (and they are) but you might want to check your verbiage for consistency for others don't get confused and bombard you with questions.

This mod looks great, hopefully it is great. Time to start my first game with it :)

Hi Gekko I just wanted to let you know about a minor problem I found with the tech tree in the late game. Its mainly just a bit of a realism issue. Maybe this has been fixed in the latest version, (I'm still playing version 1) but that industrialism comes after assembly line. This produces the odd situation of having battleships before factories. It also means that you can never really make MarkV tanks because factories come so late in the game. Your better off just going for the standard tank. Also the requirement of just the corporation for assembly line seems to make it very easy to get. Maybe requiring industrialism as well would be a good idea. Anyways I really like the mod so far. I'll play the latest version once I'm finished the current game I'm having.

naf4ever said:
On another note has anyone tried this multiplayer. It was my goal to but my friends and I get illegal errors every time we try. Once we setup the game and hit launch my civ 4 crashes and an error message comes up. Clicking on the details of it reveals only this:

any ideas??

Sweet, no more multiplayer errors with your latest version. It works good.

hi gecko -well i guess now we lnow about he multi...

good job,

i would suggest now to maby reducing the unit size - it really cool - with civ scale.

another thing, im considering in merging your mod with civarmy civpack, for my own use, anyway if ill do this - id be happy to give it to you.

@keldath I know it displays that message, just ignore it, it doesn't actually give any gameplay problems. ;) if you merge my mod with civarmy pack, feel free to post the link on this thread, I'll paste it on the first post too. I know many people would like to have new civilizations ;)

@PolyBomber: thanks for your feedback, I'm going to address this as soon as possible :) for the markV issue, I suggest that for now you edit that yourself since it's very easy to do: first open up Civ4UnitInfos.xml.
Search for <Class>UNITCLASS_MARKV</Class> . scroll down till you see the prereqtechs and bonuses for that unit. there is a line that says:

<PrereqBuilding>BUILDING_FACTORY</PrereqBuilding>

substitute "BUILDING_FACTORY" with "NONE" , and there you go! ;)

@naf4ever: I'm very happy to hear it's running fine in MP :D

hi gekko,

mmm... its good news to hear that - its not me and its a knowen problem,
i treid to focus on the cause - but all i reallized is that is somthing in this file is wrong,
maybe ill reconstract the file.

so if its not doing any error then.. i guess its fine. hope that maybe for next version it will be flawless :)

I didnt notice that Mark 5 bug. But on another issue about it,, now that i look at it why is that tank so fast? 3 movement for a tank that requires no oil resource? The regular gas guzzling tank is slower.... I always envisioned the mark 5 as the "war elephant" of tanks, not exactly agile. Plus the original mark 5's were extremely slow,, cavalry could move faster than them. Doing a search on google reveals that the speed of the original mark 5's was a pathetic 4 miles per hour!! I can walk faster than this. Even later models got up to only 6 mph. This is definitely not the civ equivlant of 3 movement space... 1 movement space is more like it. That pincher bonus already makes them pretty buff. Perhaps the speed should be toned down a bit.

@naf4ever: ok, it seems like markV need a bit of tweaking. I'll keep that in mind :)

btw, the movement is very easy to modify too. open up the same old Civ4UnitInfos.xml file , look for the markV entry ( search for <Class>UNITCLASS_MARKV ) , then inside its entry search for a tag that says:

<iMoves>3</iMoves>

and change the 3 to 1.

Hi! I was trying last version, but when I found the second city as American instead of a usual american name I got text_key_etc. How to change this boring problem?

[to_xp]Gekko said:
@naf4ever: ok, it seems like markV need a bit of tweaking. I'll keep that in mind :)

btw, the movement is very easy to modify too. open up the same old Civ4UnitInfos.xml file , look for the markV entry ( search for <Class>UNITCLASS_MARKV ) , then inside its entry search for a tag that says:

<iMoves>3</iMoves>

and change the 3 to 1.

Hello Gekko. Thank you for not only putting a lot of time into this mod, but presenting it and taking on the ongoing barrage of requests and "opportunity comments"! I'll bet there are times where you :crazyeye: !

A couple things over here:

1. There have been several times where the Yield Toggle does not work, but then later in the game works again! Actually, the yield says on. So it's not a big issue, but a minor minor minor annoyance.

2. It would be neat to change unit movement settings in the console somehow, either at startup, or inside a Sevopoedia type setting.

3. Perhaps this is in the normal game too, but I notice that the software picks the religion(s) in my empire, where I want to pick my own, and have ONE consistent religion...Even when the citizens are 100% my nationality, and I have closed borders with everyone else. Yes, you can change the religion of a particular city AFTER the fact, I merely want the choice before hand. BTW, this happens even before special buildings are made. If this is in the normal game too, just tell me that's life! :king:

4. And my old request packaged differently: Can you have in your game speed radio button choices, a very quick play, and quick play? When my family and I do MP, it takes 3+ even with the vanilla's Quick Play.

Regards & Thanks:goodjob: ,

John

First off, nice mod! I like what's been incorporated (especially religious units).

Don't know if any of this has been pointed out yet but....

1) Founding Zoroastrian city displayed Taoist symbol (minus the founding star)
2) Cities where Zoroastrianism spread had two Zoroastrian symbols, one with star and one without
3) Not sure if something in your mod does this, but this is the first time I've had this happen; the Romans violated my borders without an agreement or declaration of war. Did I miss something?

Again, thanks for the mod!

Thanks for the great compilation. Although,I do keep getting two errors through all the versions I've played, even the new one

Units XP sometimes goes wacky. Where I'll attack, it'll show a XP increase, and right after battle it'll go back to what it was before attacking. I've had this done at all points of XP, from 6 to 20ish. One time I think it also awared the XP to a different unit, no where near the battle. I seem to notice this glitch when I don't immediately upgrade a units lvl, so the xp would read 6/5, but it might just be coincidence.

I usually go straight to Monotheism, thus founding Judaism, but for some reason my Rabbi is no where to be seen. I'll build the necessary building to make him, but since I will have Organized Religion at that point, it really shouldn't matter. I believe I've seen this, non-missionary situation, with other religions once or twice, but its most often with Judaism.

Any ideas?

Top Bottom