MODS compatible with Vox Populi (VP)

So JFD's new Mercenaries mod is completely compatible with the CBP and it's related mods right? As long as the setting is enabled in the .sql file.

At the moment P&S and the CBP are not playing well together. When I went to found a religion and choose a follower belief, I couldn't scroll down the list all the way.

Does disabling religion balances in CBP/deleting the "Beliefs" folder in CBP/Balance/both help?

Hi guys,

Just returning to civ5 and CPP after another layoff and trying to get my setup straight. A couple of questions...

- whoward's Trade Opportunities is listed as an included mod, but I don't see how to access it. Normally, that would insert some extra tabs in the diplomacy panel and you could access it there (or directly by clicking the luxuries icon if using whoward's toppanel luxuries tooltip). Is the list inaccurate or am I missing it? It's also listed in the changelog...

- Can someone confirm that Culturally Linked Start Locations (Gedemon) isn't a problem? It modifies AssignStartingPlots.lua and looks like it would need to at least merge with More Luxuries' ASP file.

Thanks. Game is looking good :)

Any civ with custom promotions seems to get that promotion wiped out, so there is a category that seems to belong in the 'not compatible' section, unless there is an easy fix, in which case it would belong in the 'with some tweaking' section

Any civ with custom promotions seems to get that promotion wiped out, so there is a category that seems to belong in the 'not compatible' section, unless there is an easy fix, in which case it would belong in the 'with some tweaking' section

This is semi-accurate. Any civilization that has a UU that relies promotions premade by the vanilla game will not likely to be compatible on a basic of a fifty-fifty chance. (Shock I was deleted, but Drill I has its properties replaced). However, you can use a mod that has a promotion that was created by the mod owner.

But of course, there are many exceptions. Unless you can specify your civilizations' problems then there is no easy fix.

This is semi-accurate. Any civilization that has a UU that relies promotions premade by the vanilla game will not likely to be compatible on a basic of a fifty-fifty chance. (Shock I was deleted, but Drill I has its properties replaced). However, you can use a mod that has a promotion that was created by the mod owner.

But of course, there are many exceptions. Unless you can specify your civilizations' problems then there is no easy fix.

I'm going to address the promotions stuff in the next version - specifically, I'm going to simply disable (rather than delete) unused promotions from being earned, so as to avoid this issue. As it is now, only 'standard' promotions are even deleted by the CBP (it deletes up to a certain ID#, and no further), but it does create problems for units that have those delete promotions as unique promotions.

G

I noticed that Civ IV Leader Traits in Civ V is compatible with CPB but somehow it "conflicts" with it's changes. Has anyone tried to play with it and tell me exactly their experience and hopefully elaborate a bit more about this conflicts ?

Events and decisions may be added here somewhere but beware it seems technically compatible (never had problems with many games) but it completly unbalance the game so we can say it's incompatible with gameplay.

I let you add it where you want :p

Before the major update to the "How to Install" post, there was a download under the recommended mods for an alternative version of "lua51_Win32.dll" that supposedly improved performance. It has since been removed, so I replaced it with the original. I don't have a great computer and now it seems like turns are taking a bit longer. Should I really not use the alternative one anymore?

Before the major update to the "How to Install" post, there was a download under the recommended mods for an alternative version of "lua51_Win32.dll" that supposedly improved performance. It has since been removed, so I replaced it with the original. I don't have a great computer and now it seems like turns are taking a bit longer. Should I really not use the alternative one anymore?

Luajit is marginally compatible with LUA-heavy mods, which is why I removed it. The CP/CBP use very little LUA, but other mods do, so I felt it suitable to remove the recommendation.

G

Hi vyyt

I learnt that Events & Decisions is no longer recommended in CBP How to install page.
You'd better add the link back in under Compatible "out of the box" or Compatible after tweaking some files

Is Health & Plague no longer compatible with the CBP? I've noticed that it's been removed from the install thread as well as not having a corresponding link here.

Hi vyyt

I learnt that Events & Decisions is no longer recommended in CBP How to install page.
You'd better add the link back in under Compatible "out of the box" or Compatible after tweaking some files

Good catch, I moved it to the compatible list with a warning that it is not very balanced with CBP. There is no special CBP version, you are supposed to use the standard one, correct?

(I tried it a couple of times long time ago and although I found it quite fun, it seemed really badly balanced with CBP and when I saw a couple of reports of CTDs with it, I dropped it completely)

There is a new Events and Decisions out. It seems to work ok so far. I know it isnt balanced any more, but i use it or i lose a bunch of JFD's mod if it isnt in the game.

One other questions does Ethnic Units and R.E.D. Modpack work together or do they conflict.

There is a new Events and Decisions out. It seems to work ok so far. I know it isnt balanced any more, but i use it or i lose a bunch of JFD's mod if it isnt in the game.

One other questions does Ethnic Units and R.E.D. Modpack work together or do they conflict.

I thought R.E.D. already included Ethnic Units, didn't it?

Top Bottom